Sign in to follow this  
menotyou135

Do you believe the EMP should stay or go on Vertigo?

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should the EMP stay on Vertigo?

• Yes
    • No

Simple question. Do you believe that the EMP on Vertigo should stay as it is for v5 settings, or be blocked for v5 settings?

Please post the pros and cons of keeping or removing it in the comments.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really dont think the emp is that big a deal. You get a fair amount of warning when it gets shot before your shields drop. And the button runs on a timer so there's nothing random about it...

All that said, It would be a better gametype without the emp though, so I voted no...

• Upvote (+1) 1

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE READING THIS POST

Yes. I know I am a biased individual, but I tried to make this poll as unbiased as possible and even made the order of questions the reverse of my own feelings in order to try to slightly counter my biases.

I believe they should of never been added, the EMP is simply a bad gimmick on a already poor map design. Instead they should of added a functioning gate or bridge, something simple but that added a nice change to the map when activated to improve the overall flow of Vertigo.

So I must vote No, I just do not feel the EMP adds anything to the gameplay.

I voted no because I believe the EMP buttons are basically a "break the enemies set-up for free" button.

Only way I see it working is if teams are timing the buttons and rotate accordingly to detonate the buttons. But that sounds crazy insane. Especially with a lot of different weapons to worry about too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No it shouldn't stay. EMP or not though, Vertigo just seems poorly designed.The novelty of the EMP wore off after an hour, and it's just an upscaled Abandon without it. Pitfall could have been bundled with another good Halo 3 remake instead. 

I voted no because I believe the EMP buttons are basically a "break the enemies set-up for free" button.

This plus all the fusion coils. Vertigo is just one giant fusion coil. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The map isn't that great itself, that being said, the EMP is the only reason that it stands out, so i voted yes.

Can someone explain to me the EMP is? I haven't bought any DLC or played it.

There are two switches that trigger an EMP on the towers of the map, Vertigo. Anyone in the vicinity when the switch is shot makes them no shields. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think it is "random". It is definitely not needed in a competitive setting though. In MM I think it is fine but if it is going to be in tournament play then I don't like it. Same viewpoint on most of the lifts for me.

I like what 343 was going for. Have campers get emp'd for staying in the same spot. Call me crazy, but I would like to see more things like that to interact with in Halo.

I like what 343 was going for. Have campers get emp'd for staying in the same spot. Call me crazy, but I would like to see more things like that to interact with in Halo.

Interactive environments are cool and all, but I'd like to see places you can't camp instead of things designed to kill you there (like fusion coils everywhere on Halo 4's maps).

Although, it would have been useful if you could hit a switch and have the Snowbound turrets shoot anyone who was on the bottom of the map. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather see the lifts blocked first. Comparatively I think they're a bigger problem than 2 controllable EMP buttons that can be avoided. My approach would be to block the lifts that put people on top of the towers and to block both EMP buttons. From there I'd see how the map played over a given time and then unblock a button or lift as necessary if a particular tower was very campy and a better weapon layout couldn't be found.

However overall I don't think they'll be particularly consequential in actual gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I take it asymmetrical game types are played on that map, and if so, it would indeed be best to remove the EMP switch. The offensive team can pull an easy maneuver built into the map to flush out the defense base, but the defense themselves don't have such a powerful option because the offense has no reason to be in their own base. Best I can equate it to, is that it's kind of like one team got sticky dets in their pocket off spawn and the other team didn't. 

But if there's a symmetrical, or even simple TS game type on there, it shouldn't be removed. In the case of a symmetrical game type, what one team can do to the enemy's base, the enemy can do to them. Or in the case of TS, there's not explicit reason to be closely guarding or rushing a base, so hazards at bases encourage map flow. 

EMP on Vertigo makes me miss the GL :(

It's a sad replacement, but I think it ought to stay in symmetrical gametypes. It wouldn't hurt to nerf the amount of grenades to balance it a bit though. It's one thing to make inattentive players drop down with it, but getting pinned into it by dozens of grenades is annoying. Even just moving the grenade drops a little further away would help. 

Oh, and it's OT, but GL nostalgia;

I love that weapon. *tear*

The EMP's of vertigo seem like an attempt to replicate the gate of high ground and the bridge of last resort. They aren't game breaking and I really don't think they are that bad. I've played with them blocked and I personally prefer it bc the areas that get EMP'd are power positions. And the EMP button allows a team to chase their opponents out of a power position with little to no map movement. You should be rewarded for taking over a power position, not very easily chased out of it. That is just my personal opinion though. There are much bigger problems to worry about so I'm kinda ok with it either way.

The EMP's of vertigo seem like an attempt to replicate the gate of high ground and the bridge of last resort. They aren't game breaking and I really don't think they are that bad. I've played with them blocked and I personally prefer it bc the areas that get EMP'd are power positions. And the EMP button allows a team to chase their opponents out of a power position with little to no map movement. You should be rewarded for taking over a power position, not very easily chased out of it. That is just my personal opinion though. There are much bigger problems to worry about so I'm kinda ok with it either way.

I disagree, the High Ground/Last Resort switches are completely different and not game breaking. The EMP is different because it directly influences your shields when in a power position and with the ease you can shoot the EMP trigger. 

• Upvote (+1) 1