Snerv

What Game Do You Think Takes More "Skill"?

Halo or CoD?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Which takes more skill to play?

Plus taxes taken off. I think it was somewhere around 30k but not sure.

Ace himself said it 130k, not 30k, then ranted about the government and taxes 

Ace himself said it 130k, not 30k, then ranted about the government and taxes 

Yeah, I meant 30k taken off but okay that still sucks. Taxes blow. 

lol what does that even mean? All you're doing is saying that Halo takes more 1v1 skills, which to be honest, doesn't even matter in Halo. The only game where 1v1s mattered was Quake, and Halo sure as hell isn't Quake. 

Halo 1v1 situational skills matter a lot. Either your better then your opponent or he's better then you, OR both of you have a similar amount of skill and anyone can come out the one alive, depends on who makes the better play.

1v1 situations are not rare in a 4v4. They happen multiple times every single game.

If there where Octagon in CoD, do you really think it would take any skill to out gun your opponent? Not at all. In Halo you need to constantly be persistent with your shots. Therefore, Halo overall takes more skill to play.

SWAT in Halo is CoD. Anybody can be good at it, unless your garbage at aiming your gun. Oh and also Lightning Flag is CoD.

Mmmmmmm, I remember when I thought Halo was about gunskill.

If you're experiencing a lot of 1v1 scenarios you're probably playing randy customs where everyone runs in circles. In H4 the Teamshot Halo a good team pushes together while holding dicks and eating grenades.

CoD

Harder to aim, better strafe, better maps, SND,

Both the game sucks but CoD is better

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo, unless you want to include H4.

H4 turned CoD-esque in the manner that you have to surprise someone via positioning, rather than outshoot them. Longer kill times (in relation to CoD) used to make Halo more competitive as it was very difficult to aim. H4 just made it so easy that it doesn't even matter. The kill times are just long for no reason. It's not hard to aim, you almost never outshoot someone because of that. So I think CoD takes more skill at this point. It works almost the same, but the maps make sense for it, and the kill times as well.

Other than that, CE, 2, 3, Reach post-patch all take more skill.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Call of Duty takes a lot more skill than people think. Playing competitively, since it is pretty easy to take someone down, if you make a simple mistake you can cost your team. It's really about map movement and awareness. It's a game of chess and smarts more than simple fundamentals.

Call of Duty takes a lot more skill than people think. Playing competitively, since it is pretty easy to take someone down, if you make a simple mistake you can cost your team. It's really about map movement and awareness. It's a game of chess and smarts more than simple fundamentals.

lol, call of duty is a game of "chess and smarts" now I have heard it all.

SnD yeah ill give it to you that shit can be pretty strategic, but tactical shooters like RS and CS do that type of play better. CoD is just a run of the mill military shooter with tight mechanics and deep progression systems, nothing really stands out to me and never has with that series.

Where not talking about specific games here. Halo formula vs CoD formula. Which one takes more skill to play at a competitive level.

It's too bad that this got downvotes because you can't spell very well. Nonetheless, this ^4

I wouldn't close this thread solely because of the poll, regardless of the heated debate, there really isn't much else to debate besides the engagement and gun skill of both games. The poll is still interesting.

lol, call of duty is a game of "chess and smarts" now I have heard it all.

SnD yeah ill give it to you that shit can be pretty strategic, but tactical shooters like RS and CS do that type of play better. CoD is just a run of the mill military shooter with tight mechanics and deep progression systems, nothing really stands out to me and never has with that series.

Tell me how much you have played Blops 2 with a full team on league and how long have you played on LAN?

I agree RS and CS are waaaaay better. But it's better than halo

H1/h2/reach > CoD

H3/h4 < CoD

Tell me how much you have played Blops 2 with a full team on league and how long have you played on LAN?

I agree RS and CS are waaaaay better. But it's better than halo

H1/h2/reach > CoD

H3/h4 < CoD

I played Blackops 1 for a bit because Reach was pissing me off, took me like 5 games until I was topping the leader-boards and figure out how to play the game. Its not a bad game by any means, but it does not interest me or challenge me on a competitive level the gameplay is very linear. Halo 4 does not either its very systematic and was compromised to appeal to the cod audience. Basically for team-based DM play Halo, UT, TF are better than CoD, and for Tactical play/round-based games RS and CS are better for comp play. CoD is just not interesting to me but obviously there is a reason why people buy it ever year so its doing something right.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bro, that wasn't the point. I am not bringing politics into this. I am saying that if you post whether a Obama or Bush is better on a LIBERAL forum, then the forum will overwhelmingly vote Obama. Just like if you post whether abortion should be legal or not on a Conservative forum, then the overwhelming majority will vote no.

The point was he is asking whether Halo or CoD takes more skill on a HALO forum. What the fuck did he expect the result to be?

A poll like this would only work if it was an actual sample of gamers, rather than a sample of Halo fans.

I unno. If I asked people a question about skill on a forum that mainly talks about competition id expect a thought out conversation. I wouldn't expect %100 unbiased answers or %100 thought out answers, but why wouldn't there be a productive conversation? I mean already people are saying CoD takes more skill in this thread.

I played Blackops 1 for a bit because Reach was pissing me off, took me like 5 games until I was topping the leader-boards and figure out how to play the game. Its not a bad game by any means, but it does not interest me or challenge me on a competitive level the gameplay is very linear. Halo 4 does not either its very systematic and was compromised to appeal to the cod audience. Basically for team-based DM play Halo, UT, TF are better than CoD, and for Tactical play/round-based games RS and CS are better for comp play. CoD is just not interesting to me but obviously there is a reason why people buy it ever year so its doing something right.

It's the kill streaks and golden guns that makes kids buy the same game every year.

CoD2 > Halo 2-Halo 4

No debating.

CoD 2 is definitely better because it was simple and balanced without the BS of modern CoD games, but Halo 2 was on a different level of skill compared to most games. There is a reason why statistically the best FPS team of all time played Halo 2(Final Boss) and why at the peak of competition in 2007 on the biggest stage in fps console gaming they did not even drop 1 game. There was an elite level of skill in H2 among the top three teams, where they rarely dropped multiple games against top 8 teams. You would only really know H2's skill gap and button glitch intricacies, if you played hardcore of course if you played primarily BTB SMG starts you probably think of it differently. 

A good halo player can go play COD and be above the norm in a few weeks

A good COD player can't go play HALO and above the norm in a few weeks

Just what i have seen from my friends and coworkers

• Upvote (+1) 1

Crimsix.

Crimsix was a CoD pro that started playing Halo 3 a lot, then when Reach came out he went big in that game. Then he went back to CoD and became a top pro again. Crimsix as we know is the only person to do this with Call of Duty. Also, there has not been a Halo person that has gone from playing Halo first being a pro in that and going to CoD and being pro in that.

Crimsix was a CoD pro that started playing Halo 3 a lot, then when Reach came out he went big in that game. Then he went back to CoD and became a top pro again. Crimsix as we know is the only person to do this with Call of Duty. Also, there has not been a Halo person that has gone from playing Halo first being a pro in that and going to CoD and being pro in that.

That is because there was no reason to switch to CoD until recently when Halo started dying. I can name multiple cod pros/semi's that were once top 64 Halo players during the MLG H2/H3 era including Nadeshot.