CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

It ruins every map. The only movement AA we should have is the thruster. Losing map control means nothing when you can instantly fly to it. We have ramps and lifts for a reason...use them, stop making the game so damn easy....force players to think more when it comes to taking back control or attacking an area instead of "Jetpack is up!!!...i got it....i'm flying up to ring 3 to break their setup"

smh

Yeah, you aren't going to completely break map control with a single jetpack on a 60s timer.

It should be in a fightable location and if you let the other team capture the "powerup" then you deserved to be punished for it.

Just like how every other powerup/powerweapon in the game works.

Jetpack is fffaaaaarrr less op than say rockets so once again I don't see what the big deal is in making it a "powerup" to be fought over.  I mean that same argument can be used for just about any powerup/powerweapon in halo history.  

Invis?  Nah, why should be allow someone to be like "invis is up. guess I can lift up now and break up their setup at lobby."

The point is the other team is supposed to prevent them from getting it- and one dude jetpacking can be easily countered.

• Upvote (+1) 3

My Map and Gametype suggestion (IMO)

CTF:

Pitfall

Lotus (from T4)

2nd set

Pitfall

Onyx

Extraction:

Haven

The Ark

2nd set

Haven

Station 9

Ricochet:

Pitfall

Lotus

2nd set

Pitfall

Skyline

Slayer:

Abandon

Haven

Onyx

Skyline

Vertigo/Pitfall

2nd set

Abandon

Haven

Onyx

Skyline

Lotus/Simplex

Just to troll do not take this seriously Station 9 Ricochet... Nuff said.

If there is one thing not op in h4, its rockets... them things are weak as shit.

The rockets in h4 guarantee you at least 2 kills- many times 3.

A single jetpack pick up may net you a kill if you use it well, and 2 if you are lucky on a particular life.  Many times you won't get a kill at all with it but will just be shot down as soon as you give away your position with its loud noise and start to use it for anything other than slight elevations.

My point stands, rockets are more powerful than jetpack.  If you had the option to choose between a rocket and a jetpack... I mean I shouldn't even need to say this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The rockets in h4 guarantee you at least 2 kills- many times 3.

A single jetpack pick up may net you a kill if you use it well, and 2 if you are lucky on a particular life.  Many times you won't get a kill at all with it but will just be shot down as soon as you give away your position with its loud noise and start to use it for anything other than slight elevations.

My point stands, rockets are more powerful than jetpack.  If you had the option to choose between a rocket and a jetpack... I mean I shouldn't even need to say this.

Rockets don't break map geometry, you still have to walk, trot or sprint up ramps, around corners or up a lift to kill someone with them. The same goes for OS, Damage Boost, Camo, Railgun, Saw, and Sticky Det.

There are a few things worst than your opponent being able to press a button, fly upwards ignoring ramps, doorways and whatever else that gave you a height advantage and powerful weapons aren't one of them. We might as well play on a flat surface because geometry becomes irrelevant when you can fly from bottom mid on countdown to the streets or from bottom gold to Ring 3.

Can you imagine prisoner with Jetpack? go play Solitary in Reach to see how horrible it is.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If there is one thing not op in h4, its rockets... them things are weak as shit.

You keep saying that. It's not true. ;)

You keep saying that. It's not true. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Doesn't ruin Station 9.

Check and Mate

^this is true

I understand people's problems with Jetpack on Abandon, especially because there are a lot of ridiculous nooks you can easily get into up in trees and whatnot that I think certainly would hurt gameplay (especially in combination with the sniper), but I'm pretty sure a Jetpack on the map wouldn't really break Haven, for example, as there really are no serious power positions on that map, and just because of it's design the locations where you would use it to move up are fairly predictable. It certainly would add another way to flank, but by no means would it be game breaking. It would just be another factor for teams to consider.

In short, I think it's pretty harsh to say Jetpack breaks every map. perhaps it does if an entire team is spamming it off spawn, or maybe even when an individual player is, but as a pickup it functions differently. When you die you lose it, so I doubt you'd see the same kind of silly behavior you see in infinity slayer where players just blatantly fly into the air team shooting from above, because that would be a waste. If anything, in competitve play it will be used as another ways to strategically flank on occasion, perhaps occasionally functioning as a semi-power weapon but I doubt a single jet packer will break setups as well as a player equipped with OS or rockets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

but those things have the blast radius of a Death Star

but those things have the blast radius of a Death Star

Really? I think they're pretty tame compared to Reach Rockets.

Is Vertigo going to be tested? It's a really pretty map, and I don't have many problems with it (probably because I was playing with No sprint). 

You guys have to understand the whole point of these "v1-v5" changes are to cater to the competitive community.

No offense, but unless your good/play on a highly competitive level, you dont really understand (what v5 needs) as much as you think you do. I understand this is gonna rub some people the wrong way but it has to be said.

I hope people put my statment into context when reading this thread and considering what v5 needs.

• Downvote (-1) 2

You guys have to understand the whole point of these "v1-v5" changes are to cater to the competitive community.

No offense, but unless your good/play on a highly competitive level, you dont really understand (what v5 needs) as much as you think you do. I understand this is gonna rub some people the wrong way but it has to be said.

I hope people put my statment into context when reading this thread and considering what v5 needs.

Could you eloborate with specific arguments?

Really? I think they're pretty tame compared to Reach Rockets.

i remember someone tested it when the game got leaked and the radius was huge. Maybe they updated it without us knowing

Rockets don't break map geometry, you still have to walk, trot or sprint up ramps, around corners or up a lift to kill someone with them. The same goes for OS, Damage Boost, Camo, Railgun, Saw, and Sticky Det.

There are a few things worst than your opponent being able to press a button, fly upwards ignoring ramps, doorways and whatever else that gave you a height advantage and powerful weapons aren't one of them. We might as well play on a flat surface because geometry becomes irrelevant when you can fly from bottom mid on countdown to the streets or from bottom gold to Ring 3.

Can you imagine prisoner with Jetpack? go play Solitary in Reach to see how horrible it is.

You keep ignoring the fact that it is only a single jetpack that both teams must fight over and goes away with the death of the person who picked it up.    It really isn't as bad as you are making it out to be, and once again- the benefits of winning something like rockets far outweighs the benefits of picking up jetpack, so clearly it isn't too OP as a central map pickup.  Otherwise you would be asking to ban rockets as well.

If you had the opportunity to choose between rockets or jetpack on abandon which would you choose?  (knowing that the jetpack goes away with your first death).

And if you lose the jetpack to the other team- then all what you described above is simply your punishment.  I could describe a similar thing for the powerup invise.  "yeah, but with all the other powerweapons and powerups you can still be seen easily by another person if you pass into their field of view.  Invis would break map movement."

This will probably seem like a dumb reason to exclude jetpacks, but a lot of people can't properly utilize jetpacks because of their controller configuration. I use Bumper Jumper, so there's no real way for me to hold X, move around with the left stick, aim with the right stick, and shoot with R all at the same time. I have tried clawing, but it makes my aim significantly worse. Obviously that isn't a definitive reason to exclude something, but just something I think should be pointed out to players who may not have this issue. I honestly wish we could just have Thruster packs by default, and let people switch to Hologram from their ordinance drop (if that's even possible). If not, I'd like to see Hologram pickups on the maps since they can add such awesome strategy and fakeouts (but obviously it'd be ridiculous if your whole team can choose a loadout with Hologram as the default AA).

No offense, but unless your good/play on a highly competitive level, you dont really understand (what v5 needs) as much as you think you do. I understand this is gonna rub some people the wrong way but it has to be said.

You don't need to be good at something, to understand the logic (no pun intented) of what makes something good or bad for competitive play.

What you do need is some sort of high school grammatical skills to convey your argument in proper form.

No offense, but fuck you, how dare you insult our arguments, and not even present some feedback yourself. You probably think station 9 is an awesome map. You probably think dispatch is the best forge map. Do you know what makes halo 1 so good?

PS. I said no offense so don't take offense.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Haven TS

Abandon TS

Skyline TS

Onyx TS

Vertigo TS

Pitfall CTF

Simplex CTF

Haven EXT

Abandon EXT

Haven Ricochet

Pitfall Ricochet

Haven Ricochet is, in my honest opinion, the best gametype in Halo 4. I'm perfectly okay with Haven having 3 gametypes as well mainly due to it being the most popular map in the game.

Haven TS

Abandon TS

Skyline TS

Onyx TS

Vertigo TS

Pitfall CTF

Simplex CTF

Haven EXT

Abandon EXT

Haven Ricochet

Pitfall Ricochet

Haven Ricochet is, in my honest opinion, the best gametype in Halo 4. I'm perfectly okay with Haven having 3 gametypes as well mainly due to it being the most popular map in the game.

I personally prefer Skyline Ricochet, but that list is pretty great too

I personally prefer Skyline Ricochet, but that list is pretty great too

Haven't gotten the chance to play it yet :/

Great comeback dude.

Ghost shouldn't be the be all end all and he isn't. The people that make starcraft, are no where near the top players and they make really hard balance decisions. Was your first game halo 3? There's a reason why you don't see top players posting detailed feedback. There are lazy and they at the end of the day don't care.

Ogre 2 the GOAT said bloom > no bloom.

Chig said 85 % bloom > no bloom.

You think I want settings made because of payers like These?

Answer this, do you like the BR over the dmr?

In one of those public MLG interview, I asked Gandhi how he would like to see H3's settings changed.

He said to add in the Power Drainer. lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1