CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

Station 9 does seem to be getting old.

Everything about this game is old. Even the v5 settings are taking forever with absolutely zero feedback from Ghost. I don't care if he pops in and reads every post, he should let us know his thoughts and experiences so we can provide actual feedback. But I'm really beating a dead horse on this one. I'll see you all in the Titanfall thread.

Peace. Love. Kangaroos

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly understand Ghost has been busy for the past week, but now that H4GC is over I don't feel it is unreasonable to expect an update soon.

Ricochet NEEDS to be in v5, or v6. The match I just had was the most intense game I ever played, even more than some MLG games back in Halo 3. The throwing mechanic was made with this gametype in mind.

Link to game (File is Ricochet): https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/welfare%20queen%20i/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameClip&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0 (Sorry for possibly bad gameplay, one of the first matches in a week)

• Upvote (+1) 1

When is V5 being released?  

I was under the impression it was going to be up after H4GC... As in todays updated playlists...

When is V5 being released?  

I was under the impression it was going to be up after H4GC... As in todays updated playlists...

I think I heard 9th September. Might be wrong.

In life when someone says they dont like something is because there bad at it so thats just the best assumption and if you were really skilled then you wouldn't want disp

I don't like baseball or basketball (I actually think they are the 2 worst major sports on earth) but i won major provincial titles in both when i was younger... I may not be of professional caliber at either, But i'm definitely good at both. 

your logic is flawed.

@fryloq - Hopefully by the 8th - 9th ghost said.

I'm pretty confused with how all of this is handled. Ghost did say he would release a decisions blog or post regarding the changes, but I don't remember if he was posting the changes in which he was deciding upon, or if he changes the settings, releases why he made his decision, and there's no further debate?

I understand this weekend was busy for him, but I would like to hear an update from him regarding some of the brilliant suggestions that have been posted here. I hope his log contains multiple settings maps and gametypes. If anything, I would love to hear what didn't make the cut and why.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pretty confused with how all of this is handled. Ghost did say he would release a decisions blog or post regarding the changes, but I don't remember if he was posting the changes in which he was deciding upon, or if he changes the settings, releases why he made his decision, and there's no further debate?

I understand this weekend was busy for him, but I would like to hear an update from him regarding some of the brilliant suggestions that have been posted here. I hope his log contains multiple settings maps and gametypes. If anything, I would love to hear what didn't make the cut and why.

i really don't think ANYTHING has been decided on or made a guaranteed in yet. Going off of the time frame he laid out in the last twitch interview/discussion he was apart of. THIS week (1st-8th) would be the week that most of V5 settings would get the real testing and then decided on for the playlist update next week. I believe he stated he was waiting for the H4GC to be completed so that the actual Pro's could/would start playing what settings he has in mind for V5, And get feed back from them.

I have been tweeting and asking him for an V5 update for a couple weeks now and have got zero response's. I'm not surprised at all, he probably doesn't have much for feed back that he wants yet (Pro player feed back). So i don't expect to hear anything till this weekend.

i really don't think ANYTHING has been decided on or made a guaranteed in yet. Going off of the time frame he laid out in the last twitch interview/discussion he was apart of. THIS week (1st-8th) would be the week that most of V5 settings would get the real testing and then decided on for the playlist update next week. I believe he stated he was waiting for the H4GC to be completed so that the actual Pro's could/would start playing what settings he has in mind for V5, And get feed back from them.

I have been tweeting and asking him for an V5 update for a couple weeks now and have got zero response's. I'm not surprised at all, he probably doesn't have much for feed back that he wants yet (Pro player feed back). So i don't expect to hear anything till this weekend.

I've tried tweeting him regarding V5 as well. I tried tweeting him a few times but have never received a response

Well, thanks for the update. It makes sense and sounds good to me as well. It's good he's looking for more feedback from a broader test group, but I really hope he looks to those who have spent more of their time modifying and testing settings than just practicing the already set in stone settings for events.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well the champions bundle was released August 20th - counting today it's been two weeks.

In terms of updates, all we've heard is that he's decided to extend testing for Pitfall and Vertigo. But besides that nothing has been posted in this thread to update us on v5.

Didn't you just say that about Station 9? That had to have been our reason for disliking it right?

This is getting old.

Adapt v2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't see the Halo to Starcraft comparison. Entry level Halo is super simple - move, shoot, melee, grenade. The complexity only shows if you're actively trying to get significantly better at the game.

Entry level Halo is arguably more simple than entry level CoD. The only big difference is how fast the game is perceived to play - because kills & deaths happen so much faster in CoD it's easier for a positive feedback loop to be generated quickly.

Halo would be perceived as fun for more people if it was a little faster paced. H4's current BR's minimum kill time is pretty good, but it could be a bit faster & movement speed/physics could be a lot better in terms of making the game feel fast.

IDK about that one. The minimum is quite close to the average and bumping up the average killtime somewhat would just recreate the useless starting weapon that was the 5sk BR.

If anything IMO the minimum should go down a lot and the average should come down, too. IMO shooting for something like .5 minimum and 1.2 average (a second or less average for pros) is optimal (pun intended).

Something that I find gets overlooked is that casuals will have longer average killtimes and so will be more adversely affected by things like running away easily (esp. an issue with sprint, since that is what all casuals are playing with outside of lolFlood), inability to work as an individual (leads to frustration with terrible teammates in matchmaking, since that is what even the most experienced FPS players will have when entering the Halo scene), etc, even if they don't notice it. Keeping the game-wide average lower than the H4 BR's will ensure that players entering the game will be more likely to stay, and decreasing the minimum more than the average will increase the aiming skillgap. The length of the average killtime will still keep the game away from feeling like CoD with near instakills.

TL;DR Decreasing both the minimum and average killtimes will entice casuals and competitive players without making the game CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ghost originally said early September release, to prepare for Sturgis, but now that Indy is in November, we should expect a delay.

Keep giving your feedback :D

For the record I agree with samyboy.   Dispatch isn't inherently broken, it's just so damn basic.   And there is nothing exiting about the sniper triple kills/exterms on dispatch seeing as it takes so little skill to snipe on that map.

There is nothing interesting about that map besides maybe ring 3.   

Better exists, and dispatch is the worst of the 3 arena forge maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ghost originally said early September release, to prepare for Sturgis, but now that Indy is in November, we should expect a delay.

Keep giving your feedback :D

Would rather just have a v5 sooner and then a v6 before november.  Why wait?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would rather just have a v5 sooner and then a v6 before november.  Why wait?

6b561104549135d9eb1e32fcabc2a01f.png

I guess Ricochet is now looking more hopeful for v5. If that comes in, that will provide us with more variation and hopefully we won't have to play maps like S9/Dispatch any more.

Why not (3) CTF's, (2) EXT's, (1) RIC, and (5) TS'S?

Idk, you'll have to ask him. My guess is he wants an equal amount of OBJ's spread across the board.

I'm guessing he'll pick Pit and Skyline for Ricochet but who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I'm just going to throw out what I think the gametypes should be. I haven't played much Ricochet but from what I have played if feel like it would play best on tight more or less closed of maps (so the ball doesn't get thrown off often). So I was thinking Ender might actually make a decent map for it though I haven't played Ricochet on it. might be worth a test, as I definitely see it being better for the gametype than a lot of dev maps.

TS: Abandon, Pitfall, Haven, Orion, Onyx

CTF: Skyline, Onyx

EX: Ark, Haven(abandon?)

RIC: Pitfall, Ender

Onyx could easily be replaced with simplex, but I'm a proponent of change just from a spectators standpoint, I think simplex has been thoroughly exhausted. Pitfall has proven it is worthy of a ricochet run as far as I'm concerned and as a classic map I think it's already had it's day when it comes to CTF. I am so tired of Haven, but we do need a certain amount of dev maps and I wouldn't know what to replace it with (maybe a landfall variant would be better?). So yeah, that's my take.

• Upvote (+1) 1