CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

Consider it a sneak preview of unity v4.

Plasmas can launch that shit down to OS very easily from other positions such as sword or the streets

#SavingHalo

So much potential for Vertigo as well. Are you just placing the weapons the map (ala Legendary slayer) or drop spawn?

legendary style, drop spawn is just too crap with the despawning.

legendary style, drop spawn is just too crap with the despawning.

Didn't you tell me about how to get drop-spawning to work successfully, or was it someone else?

Place a copy of the drop-spawned weapon normally and set the respawn time to "never"

Didn't you tell me about how to get drop-spawning to work successfully, or was it someone else?

Place a copy of the drop-spawned weapon normally and set the respawn time to "never"

I did, its ok for dubs, but we just decided its too much of an annoyance that some of the weapons just werent in play at all.

If ghosts tops using ordnance drops I can't wait to see which players and coaches are really about that life when it comes to timing weapons

Maps suitable for Ricochet?

After the gametype & the endzones/hoops have been sized appropriately perhaps the following could work:

Pitfall

Skyline

Monolith

maybe Onyx?

Because everyone can be a snipe-god on Dispatch and everybody loves to snipe on easy maps. Dispatch is the worst map in the current settings followed closely by Station 9 imo.

Yes Abandon Slayer is better than Station 9, I hope you are trolling.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yes Abandon Slayer is better than Station 9, I hope you are trolling.

uhh, I'm lost in this conversation. Abandoned slayer is GREATLY better then station 9, And obviously Dispatch...

• Upvote (+1) 2

uhh, I'm lost in this conversation. Abandoned slayer is GREATLY better then station 9, And obviously Dispatch...

I am done. 

Unless your have played Station 9 on a team and not in random 8s you dont have the full picture imo

Station 9 is amazing. Linear gameplay is good for Halo. Adapt.

D-Doju?!

Station 9:

Arm extraction, sit and wait.

Other team - rush one side and convert.

Boring

• Upvote (+1) 8

i will take that was a compliment since doju usually have good post.

take it however you want, station 9 is still a boring map based around "do you we push 3 down 1 tunnel? all 4 down 1 tunnel? or split into 2 groups and push both tunnels" 

Station 9:

Arm extraction, sit and wait.

Other team - rush one side and convert.

Boring

It takes teamwork and smart decision-making to rush one side. I don't know how you call that boring.

People hate Adrift because it's different from what people are used to. People don't like change. I'm not saying Adrift is an amazing map but the reason it gets a lot of its hate is because people are sheep in the Community. If Ninja or Gandhi says "This map blows", a lot of people are going to follow suit, just because.

Nah, that's not really fair.  I hated adrfit at first because it had the shittiest spawn system I've ever seen.  That's been more or less fixed now though so it's not as bad anymore, and I'd rather see Adrift than dispatch as well.

Dispatch is just too damn.... simple.  there's nothing interesting about it other than ring 3.  It's the worst of the 3 arena-forge maps.

Also I don't want to see Vertigo either.   IT really is a complete clusterfuck of random coverpoints, but maybe it can play.  I'm not really sure.  It certainly is an interesting map at the very least- I'm just not sure how it work in competitive play.  In the end I'll trust the playtesters on this one.--- I think extraction would work better than slayer on it.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Nah, that's not really fair.  I hated adrfit at first because it had the shittiest spawn system I've ever seen.  That's been more or less fixed now though so it's not as bad anymore, and I'd rather see Adrift than dispatch as well.

Dispatch is just too damn.... simple.  there's nothing interesting about it other than ring 3.  It's the worst of the 3 arena-forge maps.

Also I don't want to see Vertigo either.   IT really is a complete clusterfuck of random coverpoints, but maybe it can play.  I'm not really sure.  It certainly is an interesting map at the very least- I'm just not sure how it work in competitive play.  In the end I'll trust the playtesters on this one.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's the sole reason why people hate Adrift, but when I ask a lot of people why they hate Adrift, they can't come up with a better argument than, "It's boring."

I don't the reason that people hate Adrift are that they are sheep, in any conceivable way. The map is fundamentally flawed. But in a sense, it isn't what they are used to.

This is my recent breakdown of Adrift:

-The map is linearly massive.

-As a flag carrier, you have to cross the entire map while not being able to sprint, having a waypoint over your head, and not being able to drop the flag (343's big ideas)

-The only map I think is legitimately designed with Sprint in mind because the map is incredibly long from end to end and provide hallways that nearly force it.

-I have a personal problem with the lifts because they shoot you a freaking mile from one corner to the base. I would rather have these lifts than not have them, but I still think they were implemented very poorly.

*-The middle of the map is the most vertical part of the map and therefore my favorite part of the map. However, this map promotes circular flow because the outsides of the map connect together, completely around the middle, and provide for safer transition due to being more separated from the rest of the map. The only reason to ever use the middle is for moving to and from the attics. Otherwise it's pointless crossmap shooting between the tunnels. Think of the boxes of a tic-tac-toe board, there is the central box with 4 corner boxes (Lifts / Bases) connected with boxes inbetween those (The large tunnels).

-The bases are obnoxiously easy to hold because the routes are narrow, funnel-like connections that are easy to lock down. The lifts help a little bit, but it's not too hard to watch the lift and the route next to it.

-Have your seen

? I'm not calling this map worse than sword base (as I thought the Onyx 1% Arena match was depressing), but this is still VERY bad, even with radar.

That's about it for me. My suggestions in a nutshell are opening the map more, condensing the map entirely (not too much in the middle though, unless the layout is changed), cutting the two corners of the map as well as shortening the tunnels so players are funneled through the middle better. It would take a massive overhaul (like, having to use a forge canvas and recreate it), but Adrift is just bad at its current state.

That said, I would MUCH RATHER have this map over Dispatch. It's an improvement of a 343 forge example that people think needs to be in tournaments for familiarity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I'm not saying it's the sole reason why people hate Adrift, but when I ask a lot of people why they hate Adrift, they can't come up with a better argument than, "It's boring."

I find it boring to watch sometimes, but not to play. Sure, it's really frustrating if there's even one person in the party who doesn't understand how spawns work, but that just means the map has a pretty high barrier of entry for success.

In terms of gameplay it's one of the more unflinchingly methodical maps we've seen in a while. Pushes have to be coordinated extremely efficiently to work, and if we end up with only one map playing at such a pace I think that can still be a good thing for the map pool overall.

Is Adrift a good map I'd want to see again? No.

Does it foster a different style of gameplay than a lot of other maps? Yes.

Does that make it worth keeping? Debatable, but in my opinion, yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well i have not played halo 4 for awhile and probably wont until adrift is taken out 

my reason why it sucks because i get off every time the map is voted for, simple right?

I find it boring to watch sometimes, but not to play. Sure, it's really frustrating if there's even one person in the party who doesn't understand how spawns work, but that just means the map has a pretty high barrier of entry for success.

In terms of gameplay it's one of the more unflinchingly methodical maps we've seen in a while. Pushes have to be coordinated extremely efficiently to work, and if we end up with only one map playing at such a pace I think that can still be a good thing for the map pool overall.

Is Adrift a good map I'd want to see again? No.

Does it foster a different style of gameplay than a lot of other maps? Yes.

Does that make it worth keeping? Debatable, but in my opinion, yes.

Yeah, it's not the best map ever made but it sure as hell beats Dispatch.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1