CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

I nominate, Landfall slayer (with a few tweaks to areas on the map) for v5 settings.

What kind of tweaks?

Sorry to be that guy who doesn't have Skyline, but yeah that's me. I never played it. I've seen it plenty of times and it looks good, but never felt the need to purchase it. Is it a stand alone map? Or part of a pack?

Surely you guys can't blame me for not wanting to give 343 and more of my money.

Theres a good chance that in MM TTD, you will be able to play (at the most) 7 gametypes if one of the 8 has no dlc.

Opinion: Skyline sucks with Sprint. So much clutter to escape and break lines of sight with. Oh and I think it would be better with the lifts blocked off, they devalue top mid a lot be making bottom mid a direct transition point.

hmmm.....do you have a version with them blocked off? top mid really doesn't feel like a power position at the moment and the whole run away, drop bottom mid, lift up thing is very annoying.

hmmm.....do you have a version with them blocked off? top mid really doesn't feel like a power position at the moment and the whole run away, drop bottom mid, lift up thing is very annoying.

Just the Unity Horizon variant we were playing 2v2 on the other day. It doesn't look difficult to do though.

Just the Unity Horizon variant we were playing 2v2 on the other day. It doesn't look difficult to do though.

i'm not too great with forging but ill look at it later to see if i can block them...I know the map will play a lot better without them. I can just think about it now...i'm salivating

Theres a good chance that in MM TTD, you will be able to play (at the most) 7 gametypes if one of the 8 has no dlc.

possibly blocking off the shotgun side of the map, (the control panel area) I think that adds a bit too much depth to the map, maybe not even all of it just certain entry points.

I feel that if there were well placed power weapons/powerups on this map it could be really great for slayer, I've thought that since its' release. 

My fileshare, a map called Horizon. Its a 2s map. It has some of the bases cut off too, but they take 2 seconds to delete in forge.

Or, if u want to do it yourself, theres a piece in the structure called Skyline wall. Its plain white. Make a box around the lifts.

My fileshare, a map called Horizon. Its a 2s map. It has some of the bases cut off too, but they take 2 seconds to delete in forge.

Or, if u want to do it yourself, theres a piece in the structure called Skyline wall. Its plain white. Make a box around the lifts.

played horizon the other night with Matt and some other guys, it was great. I'll look at the structure and see what i can do it with....i'm really really loving the setting/gametype/map discussions right now.

Orion aint got no chance of getting into v5, a damn shame too, offers something different from the other maps and actually has vertical based gameplay.

I think Onion got a chance.

I think Onion got a chance.

Gonna cry about that?

(onions make you cry)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gonna cry about that?

(onions make you cry)

I've tested Onion with LR a few days ago and it did bring tears of joy.

The hill scoring is glitched atm when more than one person enters the hill at the same time, you get more points for each new person in there. Ghost doesn't feel comfortable putting it in and I think the twist he's talking about is the "Everyone Counts" option.

I watched some game play where Quinn said that in this KoTH you don't get more points for each person within the hill.

I watched some game play where Quinn said that in this KoTH you don't get more points for each person within the hill.

If the issue is within "the more people in the hill, the more points" then go to 0: 20 of the video and listen to what Quinn says.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The issue is that even with the setting to not accumulate 1 point per person per second in the hill you can still force it to do so if multiple players enter the hill in the same frame (ie: they're all waiting on the next hill's rotation and it spawns on them).

Personally I think this is a minor issue that is dealt with by anyone playing KotH in regular MM anyway and that it adds a bit more depth to the gametype. But others consider it to be too obscure a bug to make the gametype playable.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sometimes I wait 20 lol. Other day my screen went dim twice before I got a game. TV got bored. :kappa:

Sent u an inv like 10 times where are you haha

I have never seen such a playlist have this many quitters....

Sent u an inv like 10 times where are you haha

I have never seen such a playlist have this many quitters....

Oh, right my bad. Was catching up with Gandhi's Thoughts, I'll be on tomorrow, though.

And yeah I get at least 1 quitter each game if I run solo. #BringBackIngameRanks

He's not referring to the glitch.

There are two types of KoTH (actually a third but I'm excluding that)

-Single Scoring

-Everyone Counts

In single scoring, its designed so that everyone can stand in the hill... but the timer only adds points for 1 player. This is the version that has always been in Matchmaking, and it is the version Quinn is referring to. However, it is currently glitched so that (if you are lucky) if two people walk in at the same time the hill might start counting double points, and quite sporadically.

In everyone counts scoring, it doesn't matter whether you do the glitch or not, it is DESIGNED to count for every player in the hill (as long as they are on the same team)

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think that ghost has started to finalize the gametypes and I think that all maps are going to set in stone once pitfall gets released. i think theres not going to be any big changes in V5.

i think that ghost has started to finalize the gametypes and I think that all maps are going to set in stone once pitfall gets released. i think theres not going to be any big changes in V5.

that's not good

Surely Ark and Pit getting added in is a big change no?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Actually, we are pretty far from setting everything in-stone. I originally had a release date set for August 20th, but 343 Industries will be too busy dealing with the Halo 4 Global Championships to accommodate our v5 settings into Team Throwdown on that date. So thankfully, we have much more time to test the game types! Thus, I've been recently working on finalizing Adrift CTF, Haven Extraction, Haven TS, Skyline CTF, and Skyline TS. However, I do have a few updates for us:

• Adrift CTF, Haven Extraction, Haven TS, and Skyline CTF will most certainly be v5 game types
    • Testing has been going extremely well with these game types - expect to see them finalized here soon
  • The Ark is a new map that has been receiving its fair share of testing for Extraction
    • It will eventually go head-to-head with other potential Extraction game types (Station 9, Dispatch, Vertigo, etc.) in order to decide which one is best-suited for our community
  • Orion (v3.2) has been downloaded to my console and is currently receiving a standard weapon and spawn overhaul
    • I will be contacting the creator in the new future in order to get everything finalized for future testing
  • Orion TS will be a "toss-up" among the v5 Team Slayer game types
    • It will eventually go head-to-head with other potential Team Slayer game types (Vertigo, Pitfall, etc.) in order to decide which one is best-suited for our community
  • Onyx will be getting its spawn system tweaked here shortly in order to effectively test a CTF game type
    • We will eventually decide upon one (1) CTF and one (1) TS from this game type pool - Simplex CTF, Onyx CTF, Simplex TS, Onyx TS
  • I will be testing a 90-second Overshield in the coming weeks
    • We will eventually decide upon either a 2-minute Overshield or a 90-second Overshield - it cannot be both, i.e. 90-second for TS, 2-minute for OBJ
  • Upon release, Pitfall and Vertigo will receive spawn and weapon overhauls before they proceed to our thorough testing sessions

I'm hoping that these updates will keep people informed. If anyone has any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks everyone for helping out!

-Ghost

I'l leave feedback later, but an Orion v3.3 just came out I think FYI

edit - Might be wrong :S

Actually, we are pretty far from setting everything in-stone. I originally had a release date set for August 20th, but 343 Industries will be too busy dealing with the Halo 4 Global Championships to accommodate our v5 settings into Team Throwdown on that date. So thankfully, we have much more time to test the game types! Thus, I've been recently working on finalizing Adrift CTF, Haven Extraction, Haven TS, Skyline CTF, and Skyline TS. However, I do have a few updates for us:

• Adrift CTF, Haven Extraction, Haven TS, and Skyline CTF will most certainly be v5 game types

• Testing has been going extremely well with these game types - expect to see them finalized here soon
  • The Ark is a new map that has been receiving its fair share of testing for Extraction

• It will eventually go head-to-head with other potential Extraction game types (Station 9, Dispatch, Vertigo, etc.) in order to decide which one is best-suited for our community
  • Orion (v3.2) has been downloaded to my console and is currently receiving a standard weapon and spawn overhaul

• I will be contacting the creator in the new future in order to get everything finalized for future testing
  • Orion TS will be a "toss-up" among the v5 Team Slayer game types

• It will eventually go head-to-head with other potential Team Slayer game types (Vertigo, Pitfall, etc.) in order to decide which one is best-suited for our community
  • Onyx will be getting its spawn system tweaked here shortly in order to effectively test a CTF game type

• We will eventually decide upon one (1) CTF and one (1) TS from this game type pool - Simplex CTF, Onyx CTF, Simplex TS, Onyx TS
  • I will be testing a 90-second Overshield in the coming weeks

• We will eventually decide upon either a 2-minute Overshield or a 90-second Overshield - it cannot be both, i.e. 90-second for TS, 2-minute for OBJ
  • Upon release, Pitfall and Vertigo will receive spawn and weapon overhauls before they proceed to our thorough testing sessions
I'm hoping that these updates will keep people informed. If anyone has any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks everyone for helping out!

-Ghost

This is probably a long shot, but would you mind having a look at Salem? Link to the thread can be found in my sig or have a look in my FS (GT: Obi Wai Kenobi). It is damnation successor that also has the verticality on the map which is lacking in the map pool imo.

Thanks for the updates, looking forward to v5. Expecting it to be some great settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1