CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

I know everybody is tweeting out! but if it ever gets fixed to where everyone can use it and there's no problems, we should do it!

It's not implementable into matchmaking. Video coming out soon.

After playing Orion V3, it really just doesn't play well in my eyes.

Agreed, I only played Orion once but I enjoyed it, that was with NS. 

I can imagine Orion with Sprint in v5, it would just be a clusterfuck. 

I say we wait until we get NS for TTD (v6 please?) and then add in Orion if it's still popular by then.

I can imagine Orion with Sprint in v5, it would just be a clusterfuck. 

wut

wut

After playing Orion without Sprint, it's safe to say Orion would play much worse with Sprint in. Sure, it's probably been scaled for Sprint but that still doesn't mean gameplay will be much more hectic and chaotic. The design of the map highlights how much Sprint damages gameplay, just my personal opinion.

Imagine playing H3 Construct with Sprint. No thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After playing Orion without Sprint, it's safe to say Orion would play much worse with Sprint in. Sure, it's probably been scaled for Sprint but that still doesn't mean gameplay will be much more hectic and chaotic. The design of the map highlights how much Sprint damages gameplay, just my personal opinion.

Imagine playing H3 Construct with Sprint. No thanks.

That could be said about any map in this game.

That could be said about any map in this game.

Some maps worse than others, however I admit after playing NS, it's clouded my judgement about Sprint + maps.

Some maps worse than others, however I admit after playing NS, it's clouded my judgement about Sprint + maps.

We played just one game and it was just random teams so it was quite disorganised and it is very different than anything with have in Halo now so many players reject it but there is a lot to learn on that map. As players learn how to play it and develop strategies it will play very well, especially at a highly competitive level.

We need a map that isn't so linear, this is what we are missing but like I said its easily rejected because it's not shaped like dispatch, simplex and onyx.

The map is intended for KOTH so we should play that in a custom sometime.

We played just one game and it was just random teams so it was quite disorganised and it is very different than anything with have in Halo now so many players reject it but there is a lot to learn on that map. As players learn how to play it and develop strategies it will play very well, especially at a highly competitive level.

We need a map that isn't so linear, this is what we are missing but like I said its easily rejected because it's not shaped like dispatch, simplex and onyx.

This.

You dont discover the maps potential depth/meta from 1 random game.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love Orion and it's not often that I play one game on a map and love it, usually maps grow on me after time. Just after playing NS on it, it makes me sad that we have to go back to playing Sprint on that map. :P

If there's no sprint most of these maps won't work out. Especially vertigo extractions lol. First you have to decide if your keeping sprint or not. That determines what gametypes should be included. Halo classic= no sprint+descoping+no flinching+drop flag+ no extractions+ I can keep on going hahahhaaaah Stop changing halo it was fine the way it was. "If its not broken dont fix it" pce....

Pit CTF confirmed in by Ghost. Replacing Dispatch. *Looks towards sky and thanks invisible god*

The Pit is far from my favourite map in fact it's been over used in Halo and slayer has played quite badly in the past.

However I'm glad dispatch is going I just find it boring. It's a shame we most likely won't be getting no sprint yet because as it was in Reach Pit played better without.

Wish I lived closer to you so I could play xbc with you, you seem pretty cool, unless you don't mind trying sometime, why is the delay so much is it due to xbc or the game.

The Pit is far from my favourite map in fact it's been over used in Halo and slayer has played quite badly in the past.

However I'm glad dispatch is going I just find it boring. It's a shame we most likely won't be getting no sprint yet because as it was in Reach Pit played better without.

Wish I lived closer to you so I could play xbc with you, you seem pretty cool, unless you don't mind trying sometime, why is the delay so much is it due to xbc or the game.

H1 just plays particularly bad on XBC. The game was never coded for latency as it was a system link only game. So when you put it in an environment with latency, it's pretty frustrating. Basically anything around or over 100 ping off-host is where you start wanting to smash your controller. H2 on the other hand, plays very well on XBC even with 100 ping because the game was coded with latency in mind.

I'm on right now if you want to try.

Been waiting 10 minutes for a game.....

Sometimes I wait 20 lol. Other day my screen went dim twice before I got a game. TV got bored. :kappa:

90 Second OS? Can we start bitching about weapon times and positions?

I support 90s OS, 2 min Rockets, and Railgun being taken off of Ordnance so it can be spawned with less ammo with a much more reasonable timer than 3 minutes.

H1 just plays particularly bad on XBC. The game was never coded for latency as it was a system link only game. So when you put it in an environment with latency, it's pretty frustrating. Basically anything around or over 100 ping off-host is where you start wanting to smash your controller. H2 on the other hand, plays very well on XBC even with 100 ping because the game was coded with latency in mind.

I'm on right now if you want to try.

If you ever want to play on my 2box host vs me and my wife, just PM or IM me. I would play offhost but she would want to quit almost immediately. I'm in cali tho so it will probably suck quite a bit for ya.

V5/AGL Sturgis Gametypes (Sprint is confirmed for V5)

Slayer:

Haven

Abandon

Pitfall (If we can deal with a standoff on Haven TS, we can handle a standoff on Pitfall)

Skyline

Onyx

Flag:

Simplex 5

Skyline 5

Pitfall 5

Adrift 3 No At-Home

Extraction:

Haven

Abandon/Station 9/Vertigo

Pitfall (If we can deal with a standoff on Haven TS, we can handle a standoff on Pitfall)

But Haven has only one 12 bullet no descope sniper. Pit has two and they're buried in the back of each base..

But Haven has only one 12 bullet no descope sniper. Pit has two and they're buried in the back of each base..

Maybe Ghost will make an exception to the Ordnance rule (he did for Scattershots), considering the Snipers will be very powerful. He could reduce the amount of bullets in the Sniper (maybe even make TS have 4 rounds, and have CTF use 8-12

It's so inconsistent having some weapons via ordnance while others are spawned normally. Kinda bugs me but whatevs.

Maybe Ghost will make an exception to the Ordnance rule (he did for Scattershots), considering the Snipers will be very powerful. He could reduce the amount of bullets in the Sniper (maybe even make TS have 4 rounds, and have CTF use 8-12

Why not just not pick pitfall as a slayer map and pick a map like Orion or ark where the meta isn't totally exhausted?