CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

As long as we get help promoting it, then we could get a large turnout I think

I would send each teamcaptain a pm with the info on which gt they can download the gametypes. To keep that a bit more secret and less easily for microsoft to find out about and put the bamhammer to use.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would send each teamcaptain a pm with the info on which gt they can download the gametypes. To keep that a bit more secret and less easily for microsoft to find out about and put the bamhammer to use.

But what if people just find that gt and report it?

I think a better solution is to put up a list of people who have obtained the NS gametype via temp history and then ask players who don't have the NS gametype yet to grab it from one of the players who has, then add those players who just got the NS gametype to the initially mentioned list.

It could work, but it could be rather annoying once we get into the hundreds of people.

Another solution is to find somebody with a 2 week gold and make a dummy account to FS the gametypes (or somebody who just doesn't care).

#youjustdid

I can't stop watching the video in your sig.

As for Orion - I think the changes are quite nice. IMO it deserves more testing especially considering the community support (dat twitch chat).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't stop watching the video in your sig.

As for Orion - I think the changes are quite nice. IMO it deserves more testing especially considering the community support (dat twitch chat).

Absolutely agree. Orion needs to be tested WAY more for v5. Its a perfect unique TS map that has three hugely important weapons on the map (OS, Snipe, Rockets) with rare verticality to it and could also open the door for KoTH to make a return to the competitive scene. A must have for me

The time has finally come for us to begin our testing phase of the v5 map variants and game types.  I have adjusted current map variants quite a bit in order to improve spawn consistencies, weapon layouts, and geometry. I will be testing these settings periodically in the next few weeks here. So if you're looking to obtain these test settings, you'll have to either get invited to test, or wait until the settings start spreading through file shares. These test settings will be labeled with a "TEST" at the end of each title, i.e. "Abandon TEST." Nevertheless, I have already decided upon a few set map variant and game type combinations for the v5 set:

• Abandon TS
  • Adrift CTF
  • Haven TS
  • Haven Extraction
  • Pitfall CTF
  • Skyline CTF
  • Skyline TS

These combinations have been decided upon because of numerous prioritized reasons. Thus, we are left a total of (4) four potential combinations. These slots can be filled by past, current, and new combinations. We already have decided on (3) three Team Slayers, (3) three Capture The Flags, and (1) one Extraction. So, we will need to fill in (2) two Team Slayers, (1) one Capture The Flag, and (1) one Extraction. To kick things off, I've also decided to list some potential slot-fillers:

• Simplex TS
  • Onyx TS
  • Vertigo TS
  • Pitfall TS
  • [Orion TS]

• Simplex CTF
  • Onyx CTF

• Vertigo Extraction
  • Station 9 Extraction
  • Dispatch Extraction
  • [Abandon Extraction]

Now, these suggestions are merely here to spark some testing and imagination. I will be adding any suggestions posted in this thread up to the collection above in order to give every combination an equal opportunity.  I'm sure that there are many folks wondering, "What about 'King of the Hill?' What about 'Ricochet?'"  Well, I plan on releasing v5 alongside the Champions Bundle on August 20th. So, I won't have much time to test Ricochet. Regarding "King of the Hill," I'll be testing a new spin on it periodically, but we'll need to test it out just as much as Ricochet since it's a drastic twist. We've reached a certain standard with our settings ever since v4, and I plan on building upon that standard with each upcoming version.

Anyways, I'll have roughly 24-36 hours to set up and test Pitfall CTF, Pitfall TS, Vertigo TS, and Vertigo Extraction if I want to do implement them within v5. So, I will certainly need everyone's help with testing if we want to play Pitfall and/or Vertigo in the Team Throwdown playlist upon launch (August 20th). When I say help, I mean that we will need to have every other game type and map variant sorted out before August 12th. That way, when I can finally test the Champions Bundle, I'll be able to decide which game types deserve to be in the v5 rotation.  I know that it's a big request, but I also know that we can complete it as a community.  We've been exponentially gaining traction here within these last few months, and I want to continue that recent tradition.  Frequent this thread, leave your constructive criticism below, and stay tuned to my Twitter for test session tweets. Thank you for your time and attention. I look forward to making these v5 settings the best ones yet!

-Ghost

How about removing Abandon TS and Adrift CTF. Replacing those would be Onyx TS and CTF. The gametypes would be:

Onyx TS

Haven TS

Vertigo TS

Pitfall TS

Skyline TS

Onyx CTF

Dispatch CTF

Pitfall CTF

Simplex CTF

Station 9/Vertigo Extraction

Haven Extraction

• Upvote (+1) 1

Onyx CTF

Select CTF

Ender CTF

Pitfall CTF

Simplex TS

Haven TS

The Park TS

The Ark TS

Orion TS

The Park EXT

Orion EXT

Abandon EXT

Yep

Looks like a no sprint tourney will happen soon then :D

4s or 2s though is the question

Should be a free or low cost NS 4v4 tourney to get out the exposure and show people it can work with proper map flows.

I've changed my list.

Slayer:

Haven

Abandon

Skyline

Pitfall

Onyx

Flag:

Adrift 3 (No At-Home)

Pitfall 5

Skyline 5

Simplex 5

Ext:

Haven

Abandon

Onyx CTF Select CTF Ender CTF Pitfall CTF Simplex TS Haven TS The Park TS The Ark TS Orion TS The Park EXT Orion EXT Abandon EXT

I see what you did there, but that's 12 gametypes man :p

I'd like to see interesting gametypes be tested like Abandon 1 flag and is KoTH on the table still for v5? There is such a lack of variety with just CTF, Slayer and extraction 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to see interesting gametypes be tested like Abandon 1 flag and is KoTH on the table still for v5? There is such a lack of variety with just CTF, Slayer and extraction 

I don't think 1 flag is a possibility in Halo 4.

I don't think 1 flag is a possibility in Halo 4.

Its been done through both a forge glitch and a mod. 

Therefore it's not going to make it into MM unless 343 release it as an official gametype.

It's not really a glitch. It's just burying one team's flag slightly under the ground, allowing players to cap at that flag but not take the flag out.

The only thing that's "wrong" with that implementation is that both teams get "capture" and "defend" markers for all rounds.

I've changed my list.

Slayer:

Haven

Abandon

Skyline

Pitfall

Onyx

Flag:

Adrift 3 (No At-Home)

Pitfall 5

Skyline 5

Simplex 5

Ext:

Haven

Abandon

No Orion TS? I would much much rather that over Pitfall TS since Pitfall CTF is already in there and TS on that map can be too standoffish. Also I would like to see how Onyx CTF works before automatically plugging Simplex back in over it. Other than that, pretty solid list

No Orion TS? I would much much rather that over Pitfall TS since Pitfall CTF is already in there and TS on that map can be too standoffish. Also I would like to see how Onyx CTF works before automatically plugging Simplex back in over it. Other than that, pretty solid list

After playing Orion V3, it really just doesn't play well in my eyes.

After playing Orion V3, it really just doesn't play well in my eyes.

What is different about it? I havent gotten a chance to play it

What is different about it? I havent gotten a chance to play it

Just some cosmetic changes.

Not happening.

I know everybody is tweeting out! but if it ever gets fixed to where everyone can use it and there's no problems, we should do it!