CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

Could AGL use no sprint settings for one tournament to convince 343 that at least throwdown would player better and be more competitive?

Brad said they want to fully support 343 so I don't think they will unless they give Ghost NS gametypes and we put it into Throwdown first.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Because, they're egomaniacs. Every last bit of design they've done on this game reflects the philosophy that the gamers shall only do what the devs want them to do. Bungie was easygoing and only cared about the customers having fun, while 343 is a bunch of control freaks. There's also the fact that coming out with no sprint would mean admitting that they were wrong, which for some reason is on par with death to a lot of people out there. That's the reason CTF hasn't been fixed yet either. 343 = a bunch of menopausal soccer moms.

I don't know that much about Quinn's statement about making NS available, but he's fairly new there, right? It's possible he could have just jumped the gun on his own, and 343 never had any intention of making it available.

Lastly, going back to what I said about CTF... sprint is pretty fucking bad, but the fact that the sprint debate has absolutely taken over the community while at the same time you all could give a fuck about flag drop and the flagnum makes me lose just a little bit of respect for you people.

bungie cared huh?

No doubt.

Well, if I have to choose from the list that Ghost provided in the OP.  These are the 11 gametypes I'd like to see:

• Abandon TS
  • Adrift CTF
  • Haven TS
  • Haven Extraction
  • Pitfall CTF
  • Skyline CTF
  • Skyline TS
  • Onyx TS
  • Pitfall TS
  • Simplex CTF
  • Station 9 Extraction

Are you referring to Orion? It's not an exact remake by any means but it certainly resembles Construct. Ghost has put Orion up for testing and discussion for v5 and I think that it would be a perfect and unique choice for one of the TS slots. It's unlike anything else we currently have in rotation due to its vertical style and just plays incredibly. Orion for v5 please please please <3

No it wasn't Orion it was a direct remake of construct. But I would take Orion in v5 as well.

Yeah no, it's easily demonstratable that the opposite is true.  Plus you aren't considering how terrible jumping was in reach.  It pretty much removed an entire halo metagame of sick jumps etc.

Not even going to bother replying to that

I think the Vast majority of this Forum would want no sprint.

Casual viewers/newcomers dont want it though

I think its time I do a doubles no sprint tourney once I figure out a way to release gametypes without some shit reporting me

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think its time I do a doubles no sprint tourney once I figure out a way to release gametypes without some shit reporting me

39579353.jpg

Is it just going to be no sprint or are you going to do the other stuff too? (camo powerup, etc)

39579353.jpg

Is it just going to be no sprint or are you going to do the other stuff too? (camo powerup, etc)

No just basic settings but with no sprint (to push those evil no sprint gametypes). Will see if modded files can, well, literally be files

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess the only way to do that is by moving the gametype to a USB then extracting the gametype using Horizon or another Xbox 360 tool. Then uploading it here for everyone to reverse the process to put back onto their Xbox 360's, but I don't know how well some people would take to that.

I guess the only way to do that is by moving the gametype to a USB then extracting the gametype using Horizon or another Xbox 360 tool. Then uploading it here for everyone to reverse the process to put back onto their Xbox 360's, but I don't know how well some people would take to that.

As long as I can actually save the files and export them then that should work.

As long as I can actually save the files and export them then that should work.

Yer its a fairly quick process, may not seem it at first but once you get the steps down can be done in a minute or two. If you haven't used Horizon before then here's a thread I made ages ago when the fileshare system wasn't up and running. http://www.forgehub.com/forum/forge-design-discussion/142847-sharing-maps-gametypes-%5Btutorial%5D.html

Yer its a fairly quick process, may not seem it at first but once you get the steps down can be done in a minute or two. If you haven't used Horizon before then here's a thread I made ages ago when the fileshare system wasn't up and running. http://www.forgehub.com/forum/forge-design-discussion/142847-sharing-maps-gametypes-%5Btutorial%5D.html

Yeah I use horizon for basic gametypes, just cant remember if I can export/save them so that I can share. Couldnt be bothered to check haha

Yeah I use horizon for basic gametypes, just cant remember if I can export/save them so that I can share. Couldnt be bothered to check haha

Haha fair enough, hopefully people take to it as it's the safest way to share stuff.

Haha fair enough, hopefully people take to it as it's the safest way to share stuff.

Yep

Looks like a no sprint tourney will happen soon then :D

4s or 2s though is the question

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yep

Looks like a no sprint tourney will happen soon then :D

4s or 2s though is the question

Depends on the quality on the maps tbh, not seen many 2v2 maps that really work. Although saying that I haven't tried them with no sprint.

Depends on the quality on the maps tbh, not seen many 2v2 maps that really work. Although saying that I haven't tried them with no sprint.

Luckily the map pool for 2s is quite large, and trying to choose the 11 gametypes is a bit of a headache at the moment

Luckily the map pool for 2s is quite large, and trying to choose the 11 gametypes is a bit of a headache at the moment

I'd say 4s - a 4v4 no sprint tourney would help to convince players that no sprint works for 4v4 with Halo 4's maps at a high level. It would be a great way to help with the push for NS.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd say 4s - a 4v4 no sprint tourney would help to convince players that no sprint works for 4v4 with Halo 4's maps at a high level. It would be a great way to help with the push for NS.

Would love to see a 4v4 No Sprint tournament as well, people need to realize No Sprint works perfectly for Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As long as we get help promoting it, then we could get a large turnout I think

• Upvote (+1) 1