CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

Not really talking about the casuals, but I get what you're saying. Point taken.

I didn't mention the competitive community because we're all in favour of NS, no questions asked. We all know WHY it's bad for Halo, we all HATE it and we all see NO reason that it should be in current or future Halo titles.

Sprint is uncompetitive therefore calling yourself a competitive player and being in favour of Sprint is an oxymoron. 

Lets leave this thread to discussion on V5 GAMETYPES.

Sprint isn't being discussed from here on out or your posts will be removed.

What ever happened to free speech? Guessing we can't talk about descoping or flag juggling then :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'll give you the base movement, but no one in the competitive competitive includes bloom when they discuss the mechanics of Reach. It's irrelevant after the patch...it never existed. When you hear me say reach had good mechanics, think ZBNS Reach....nothing else.

I already included that in my comment at the end.  I said, and here I quote, "until NBNS".  Still though, please don't say "it never existed." It certainly existed and was the reason why I and many, many people and my friends left halo reach.  I didn't even know about NBNS until halo 4 was about to be out because I simply stopped caring about reach.

Also I'm sorry I don't have much to say about v5 since I agree with most people here and the point that pitfall obviously needs to come in.

H5 is still a long way off, and we won't be seeing any proper gameplay for months.

Proper gameplay? There's a good chance we won't be seeing that ever.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Proper gameplay? There's a good chance we won't be seeing that ever.

I was just referring to actual gameplay of Halo 5, not in regards to true "Halo" gameplay. :P

So if no sprint is a no go then why the hell are we still bothering with this mess? There's two other infinitely more competitive Halo games still on the xbox live servers, just saying.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Im sorry to hear that NS is a no-go but I understand the restrictions. Anyway I would like to briefly touch on the lack of testing of Orion simply because of its appearance despite the awesome gameplay and uniqueness of the map. I think Ghost and co really really need to include Orion as a TS slot especially with SecretSchnitzel updating the aesthetics because the community has voiced immense support for the map and it has hardly been tested when I know for a fact that it plays awesome. Please give Orion a good long look. Please

So if no sprint is a no go then why the hell are we still bothering with this mess? There's two other infinitely more competitive Halo games still on the xbox live servers, just saying.

Yeah I just played Halo 3 and had the most fun I've had online in a long time haha I'm done with Halo 4 for now.

IF you take sprint out of h4 it's movement >>>>>>> reach.

I can say this isint true. Halo 4 without sprint (whilst being much better than sprint) is clunky and sluggish compared to the other games.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think the Vast majority of this Forum would want no sprint. Also there was a poll not to long ago that Ghost had started to see what people actually thought should stay in and halo. 70% wants no sprint! so i think that the answer is there but 343 has to make up their mind! all post on here are just people opinions about how we want no sprint but in reality the only person that can give us what we want is Quinn. not Ghost. dont get me wrong Ghost plays his role but in reality Quinn is the one you guys should be complaining too! Tweet at him if you must...

I can say this isint true. Halo 4 without sprint (whilst being much better than sprint) is clunky and sluggish compared to the other games.

H4 compared to reach movement wise is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reach, in H4 you get moving rather quickly and can change direction nearly instantaneously, the speed is also in a good balance for the kill times and maps. in reach, it would take 20mins to go from 0 - 10...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah no, it's easily demonstratable that the opposite is true.  Plus you aren't considering how terrible jumping was in reach.  It pretty much removed an entire halo metagame of sick jumps etc.

As much as I love humoring the idea of going back to 3 or NBNS Reach I don't think it would ever happen. But if we did it sure would light a fire under 343. 

As much as I love humoring the idea of going back to 3 or NBNS Reach I don't think it would ever happen. But if we did it sure would light a fire under 343. 

I think everyone feels the same way. Let me put up a poll.

just watched the firs strike episode..

so let me get this right, ghost has been asking for no sprint for months, but, at the same time doesn't know how he would receive the gametype, doesn't think it will work with the maps and doesn't want to upset the developers? this doesn't add up..

Isn't mini-slayer in Team action sack a modded gametype? And lightning flag has no sprint in it... so they should be able to give Ghost the settings but idk what it is. Why is it ok to have mini-slayer in as a modded gametype but not NS throwdown? Either way lightning flag is in with no sprint, so its either modded or is the actual NS settings.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't mini-slayer in Team action sack a modded gametype? And lightning flag has no sprint in it... so they should be able to give Ghost the settings but idk what it is. Why is it ok to have mini-slayer in as a modded gametype but not NS throwdown? Either way lightning flag is in with no sprint, so its either modded or is the actual NS settings.....

Not to mention Flood has NS, too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed 100% Why can't they give us what we want, they want us to be happy, we want to be happy, it's a COMMUNITY playlist. I don't understand why they can't just do it. It fucking frustrates me knowing that an official NS gametype is ALL we ask for, they don't need to do anything else. We'll do the testing, the forging, the re-scaling. Then we can play a slightly more enjoyable game until H5 releases.

Because, they're egomaniacs. Every last bit of design they've done on this game reflects the philosophy that the gamers shall only do what the devs want them to do. Bungie was easygoing and only cared about the customers having fun, while 343 is a bunch of control freaks. There's also the fact that coming out with no sprint would mean admitting that they were wrong, which for some reason is on par with death to a lot of people out there. That's the reason CTF hasn't been fixed yet either. 343 = a bunch of menopausal soccer moms.

I don't know that much about Quinn's statement about making NS available, but he's fairly new there, right? It's possible he could have just jumped the gun on his own, and 343 never had any intention of making it available.

Lastly, going back to what I said about CTF... sprint is pretty fucking bad, but the fact that the sprint debate has absolutely taken over the community while at the same time you all could give a fuck about flag drop and the flagnum makes me lose just a little bit of respect for you people.

• Downvote (-1) 3

People merely going back to older games again wouldn't light a fire. I was talking more about AGL in my post. Why the hell is AGL still bothering with this train wreck of a game? They should just let it die and run one of the other two Halo games still on xbox live.

Because, they're egomaniacs. Every last bit of design they've done on this game reflects the philosophy that the gamers shall only do what the devs want them to do. Bungie was easygoing and only cared about the customers having fun, while 343 is a bunch of control freaks. There's also the fact that coming out with no sprint would mean admitting that they were wrong, which for some reason is on par with death to a lot of people out there. That's the reason CTF hasn't been fixed yet either. 343 = a bunch of menopausal soccer moms.

I don't know that much about Quinn's statement about making NS available, but he's fairly new there, right? It's possible he could have just jumped the gun on his own, and 343 never had any intention of making it available.

Lastly, going back to what I said about CTF... sprint is pretty fucking bad, but the fact that the sprint debate has absolutely taken over the community while at the same time you all could give a fuck about flag drop and the flagnum makes me lose just a little bit of respect for you people.

Priorities. Sprint is MUCH worse than CTF. CTF is crap in H4 but it's still playable. (Really didn't wanna use that word). Sprint on the other hand just breaks the game, ruins map flow, power positions etc and really just needs to go. We understand that descope isn't coming back for H4 so Sprint is the highest priority on the list.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People merely going back to older games again wouldn't light a fire. I was talking more about AGL in my post. Why the hell is AGL still bothering with this train wreck of a game? They should just let it die and run one of the other two Halo games still on xbox live.

I get that, but that still doesn't mean we cant try killing two birds with one stone. fun Halo game to play in the mean time and reason for 343i to try harder. And as for your rant on why we are all bent out of shape on Sprint and nothing else, sam has it right. We are taking this case by case based on priority/severity, Almost all of us (especially me) are well aware of the issues that still plague H4, we just need to fix what is most important to us first and gradually make our way down the list. Would you rather flag juggling with sprint still on?

Because Mini Slayer isn't a modded gametype. 343 created it from scratch using the tools they have had at their disposal since day one. The modders simply cracked whatever and found these options. 

There is no doubt that Mini Slayer wouldn't exist without the modded version being popular but let's not make the mistake that gametypes like Mini Slayer & Lightning Flag in Matchmaking are modded. 

343i can easily give anyone a no sprint gametype easily, but obviously we don't know the whole story and never will. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I get that, but that still doesn't mean we cant try killing two birds with one stone. fun Halo game to play in the mean time and reason for 343i to try harder. And as for your rant on why we are all bent out of shape on Sprint and nothing else, sam has it right. We are taking this case by case based on priority/severity, Almost all of us (especially me) are well aware of the issues that still plague H4, we just need to fix what is most important to us first and gradually make our way down the list. Would you rather flag juggling with sprint still on?

Why just pick one?

Halo 4 CTF is fucking terrible. Sprint may be the bigger issue, not by much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could AGL use no sprint settings for one tournament to convince 343 that at least throwdown would play better and be more competitive?

I really hope Orion makes it into v5, it plays great.

One small suggestion that I have: lowering the platform on rocket spawn so that you can shoot from one street to the other.