CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

I have 5% hope that we'll get NS in Halo 4. This is coming from someone who is still overly optimistic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's not like I disagree with anything or am calling you or anyone else wrong. Why is it so bad to want to hear both sides of the story before making a judgement?

I totally get where you are coming from.

I can't imagine quinn wanting to help after having to listen to a lot of hate.

Lets leave this thread to discussion on V5 GAMETYPES.

Sprint isn't being discussed from here on out or your posts will be removed.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I can't imagine quinn wanting to help after having to listen to a lot of hate.

it's life. If you don't give the ppl what they want...they will give you shit for it. It happens in all phases of life...video games are no different. What Quinn and the rest of 343 needs to do is give us the halo we want and everyone will be happy and we will love them for it. We will play the shit out of their halo game, the population will rise again and the game will flourish. If they do the opposite, then they must love being hated/despised. 

We need to get v5 test lobbies going.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone sum up the show for me. I am at the cottage with crappy Internet and really want to know what went down.

I don't understand HOW this is still an issue. Halo 4's maps are designed to work with sprint, so let it be. There really isn't anything wrong with what we have now; this is just going to divide the community again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

it's life. If you don't give the ppl what they want...they will give you shit for it. It happens in all phases of life...video games are no different. What Quinn and the rest of 343 needs to do is give us the halo we want and everyone will be happy and we will love them for it. We will play the shit out of their halo game, the population will rise again and the game will flourish. If they do the opposite, then they must love being hated/despised. 

We need to get v5 test lobbies going.

Agreed 100% Why can't they give us what we want, they want us to be happy, we want to be happy, it's a COMMUNITY playlist. I don't understand why they can't just do it. It fucking frustrates me knowing that an official NS gametype is ALL we ask for, they don't need to do anything else. We'll do the testing, the forging, the re-scaling. Then we can play a slightly more enjoyable game until H5 releases.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand HOW this is still an issue. Halo 4's maps are designed to work with sprint, so let it be. There really isn't anything wrong with what we have now; this is just going to divide the community again.

I disagree 100%. Have you played NS customs on v4 maps with 120/125% base movement? It plays amazing. All disc maps bar Adrift play great and hardly anyone likes Adrift to begin with.

S9 needs to go IMO but if it's really popular, it can be rescaled, just like all the other Forge maps, both from v4 or upcoming one's being considered for v5. (Orion, Ark etc).

Abandon, Haven and Skyline all play perfect with 120/125 + NS. Oh, and guess what, Pit's coming out in a few weeks which obviously plays better with NS than Sprint, as seen when comparing H3 Pit to Reach Pit w/ Sprint.

So i missed a good big of that Round table discussion with Ghost and crew... Was it pretty much confirmed that Sprint is here to stay in H4? Cause that's what my twitter, Facebook & XBL friends list is suggesting. I think half of my halo friends just sent out "I quit till H5" Or "Retiring from halo, it's been fun" messages.

Agreed 100% Why can't they give us what we want, they want us to be happy, we want to be happy, it's a COMMUNITY playlist. I don't understand why they can't just do it. It fucking frustrates me knowing that an official NS gametype is ALL we ask for, they don't need to do anything else. We'll do the testing, the forging, the re-scaling. Then we can play a slightly more enjoyable game until H5 releases.

Oh i'm not just talking about NS/Throwdown. Getting no sprint is just another step to getting real halo back. We need a halo game out the box that everyone can enjoy with mechanics similar to the first 4 games (reach had great mechanics just like 1-3), none of this de-scope, built in sprint stuff.

I'm watching neighbor stream H3 now with pro's playing customs. Looks like Halo.

I disagree 100%. Have you played NS customs on v4 maps with 120/125% base movement? It plays amazing. All disc maps bar Adrift play great and hardly anyone likes Adrift to begin with.

S9 needs to go IMO but if it's really popular, it can be rescaled, just like all the other Forge maps, both from v4 or upcoming one's being considered for v5. (Orion, Ark etc).

Abandon, Haven and Skyline all play perfect with 120/125 + NS. Oh, and guess what, Pit's coming out in a few weeks which obviously plays better with NS than Sprint, as seen when comparing H3 Pit to Reach Pit w/ Sprint.

Very good point, but I still think it will divide the community on the topic just like it did in the past

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh i'm not just talking about NS/Throwdown. Getting no sprint is just another step to getting real halo back. We need a halo game out the box that everyone can enjoy with mechanics similar to the first 4 games (reach had great mechanics just like 1-3), none of this de-scope, built in sprint stuff.

I'm watching neighbor stream H3 now with pro's playing customs. Looks like Halo.

I know, but baby steps. H5 is still a long way off, and we won't be seeing any proper gameplay for months. 

Getting NS is our top priority as a community right now. If 343 can't even do that and listen to what we want, then I have zero hope for H5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Very good point, but I still think it will divide the community on the topic just like it did in the past

The community is already divided, too late for that. Besides, the supporters for Sprint are in the vast minority. People have quit and are quitting BECAUSE we still have Sprint.

I have yet to see any tweets/posts etc of people saying they're going to quit if Sprint is removed. That's the thing, casuals don't CARE about Sprint, the ONLY reason why casuals want sprint to stay is because they're used to it from other FPS games that they've previously played or from when they started with Halo Reach.

Every legitimate reason points towards the fact that Sprint is not Halo, it doesn't belong in Halo, it's not balanced and it ruins maps. There is literally no argument as to why Sprint should stay in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

divide what community?

(reach had great mechanics just like 1-3), none of this de-scope, built in sprint stuff.

Reach's base movement was the worst in the series (ignoring sprint).  IF you take sprint out of h4 it's movement >>>>>>> reach.  

Plus if the primary utility weapon had severe randomness incorporated with it.. (until NBNS).

Guest Sergeant Smacky

cn we discuss no sprint doe?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Reach's base movement was the worst in the series (ignoring sprint).  IF you take sprint out of h4 it's movement >>>>>>> reach.  

Plus if the primary utility weapon had severe randomness incorporated with it.. (until NBNS).

I'll give you the base movement, but no one in the competitive competitive includes bloom when they discuss the mechanics of Reach. It's irrelevant after the patch...it never existed. When you hear me say reach had good mechanics, think ZBNS Reach....nothing else.

Doubt clarified, why would those statements were made then( back when it was said that Quinn offered No Sprint) if it wasnt really true ?

The community is already divided, too late for that. Besides, the supporters for Sprint are in the vast minority. People have quit and are quitting BECAUSE we still have Sprint.

I have yet to see any tweets/posts etc of people saying they're going to quit if Sprint is removed. That's the thing, casuals don't CARE about Sprint, the ONLY reason why casuals want sprint to stay is because they're used to it from other FPS games that they've previously played or from when they started with Halo Reach.

Every legitimate reason points towards the fact that Sprint is not Halo, it doesn't belong in Halo, it's not balanced and it ruins maps. There is literally no argument as to why Sprint should stay in Halo.

Not really talking about the casuals, but I get what you're saying. Point taken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The gametypes I would like to see for v5:

No sprint TS gametype

No sprint, flag juggling CTF gametype

No sprint Hill gametype

No sprint, no throw Oddball gametype

Srs comment: Why did the thread need to be locked for a day? Why couldn't we discuss other map-related stuff during that time?