CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

Let's be honest though, the ones here complaning non stop will never be happy.

Or maybe we're just fed up of being none stop disappointed with news and info to do with halo 4. It's a never ending cycle.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Or maybe we're just fed up of being none stop disappointed with news and info to do with halo 4. It's a never ending cycle.

I can understand for sure, but either way the game has gotten a lot better from the vanilla state it started with. I do agree De-Scope/NS should be in Halo but besides those a lot has improved.

What I find hard to understand is that shouldnt getting no sprint be easer than no bloom in reach. This has nothing to do with ghost. The fact is we should have have it by now. This is too fustrating. People couldn't make nobloom mods in reach. How can they make no sprint and even alter weapons rof and bloom in this game? Did modders get better or is it just easier to make. If its the latter we shoulds get one soon I hope.Is it really that hard to do?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think we're all scratching our heads over here tburner...

I liked the hype though, at least it got me excited for half of my day. At least I know how excited I'll be when someone decides to finally do something about sprint. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

What I find hard to understand is that shouldnt getting no sprint be easer than no bloom in reach. This has nothing to do with ghost. The fact is we should have have it by now. This is too fustrating. People couldn't make nobloom mods in reach. How can they make no sprint and even alter weapons rof and bloom in this game? Did modders get better or is it just easier to make. If its the latter we shoulds get one soon I hope.Is it really that hard to do?

Megalo

And removing sprint takes me about 20 seconds with a flash drive.

• Upvote (+1) 5

One thing I'm looking forward to is it shouldn't take too long to test considering there are players in our community who have been testing the no sprint gametypes for months now.

Hopefully ghosts decides to look into the efforts the community put in.

Quinn in chat now.

I hope he's not getting bombarded with hate. He's the last person who should be targeted

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would someone want to provide more insight and context on sprint? Right now I'm reading what I already read yesterday on the forums.

Also, they stopped talking about it and kinda get side tracked easily.

edit: That first strike video was pretty serious. I really thought they would bite their tongue more with some of their comments. I also assume they had to cut it out cause of lethal at the end.

They weren't the most professional overall, but I could respect most of what Saucey said. In past videos I wasn't fond of his approach, but I feel his opinions and talking points have more substance behind them. Keep up the good work!

Ghost and 343 failed us. When they first asked Ghost if he wanted no sprint gametypes to test he should ahve said yes, even if it wasn't the right time to implement them (I don't agree with that). He could have kept those gametypes and have them saved forever, tested them and implemented them LATER...instead he passed up on getting NS gametypes and then 343 basically changed their minds from what i'm understanding, now we're stuck with sprint and MODDED no sprint gametypes. Also, I disagree 100000000% with Ghost about sprint being cool in this game. It's Sprint...it will never work with halo.

I just don't understand how you pass up a gametype that you can use later......if you have it saved. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Until someone writes an article or starts a thread about it, I won't know what was fully said so I can't comment. Hopefully it's soon because unfortunately the thread was locked yesterday and we weren't allowed to discuss it further.

That being said if we don't stop posting about the sprint debate it's likely that this thread will get locked too.

To clear it up, Ghost has been ASKING for NS for month but hasn't gotten it from 343. He WANTS to test it but can't with modded gametypes.

To add on to this.. The supposedly famous twitch chat by Quinn was made during a time Ghost was asking for NS gametypes

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ghost and 343 failed us. When they first asked Ghost if he wanted no sprint gametypes to test he should ahve said yes, even if it wasn't the right time to implement them (I don't agree with that). He could have kept those gametypes and have them saved forever, tested them and implemented them LATER...instead he passed up on getting NS gametypes and then 343 basically changed their minds from what i'm understanding, now we're stuck with sprint and MODDED no sprint gametypes. Also, I disagree 100000000% with Ghost about sprint being cool in this game. It's Sprint...it will never work with halo.

I just don't understand how you pass up a gametype that you can use later......if you have it saved. 

I didn't have the offer to have a game type. It was a hypothetical question at one point early on, and at the time being with no test options, I decided to stick with Sprint in the playlist. It was a blind decision for Team Throwdown - something that I would never feel comfortable executing.

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 3

I didn't have the offer to have a game type. It was a hypothetical question at one point early on, and at the time being with no test options, I decided to stick with Sprint in the playlist. It was a blind decision for Team Throwdown - something that I would never feel comfortable executing.

-Ghost

Understood. I misinterpreted the part about quinn offering the gametype(s). It's really depressing man.

Very disappointing, this is a issue that should of been solved months ago.

Well I still see no reason to bother playing Halo 4, they are lucky that they even have a half ass Forge to work with honestly. Otherwise I and many others would simply not bother anymore with Halo 4 after all these disappointments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We are now open, if you didn't see in the other thread...

-Ghost

To clear it up, Ghost has been ASKING for NS for month but hasn't gotten it from 343. He WANTS to test it but can't with modded gametypes.

-Ghost

I think we'd be slightly better off if you gave your full reasoning in the thread yesterday just so there wasn't a bunch of hype for today. It would have at least taken some of the blame off of yourself knowing that quinn never offered you the game type.

So I got to the party late, what is the solution from here? Will 343 offer you a gametype? If so do you plan on testing it? If you do plan on testing it, will you seek out to some of the community members who have been testing it for months?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully with Ghost's statement right there you will all realize that up to this point, No Sprint has NEVER been an option for Ghost.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully with Ghost's statement right there you will all realize that up to this point, No Sprint has NEVER been an option for Ghost.

I'll always look for both sides of the story before making a judgement. Right now I only heard from ghost, not quinn. There's no reason for me to think Ghost is lying, but you guys have to realize just how big the issue is, especially when you seem to have 2 very conflicting reports.

Since it sounds like you listened AboveInfinity, maybe you can answer my question about what to expect in the future?

I'll always look for both sides of the story before making a judgement. Right now I only heard from ghost, not quinn. There's no reason for me to think Ghost is lying, but you guys have to realize just how big the issue is, especially when you seem to have 2 very conflicting reports.

Since it sounds like you listened AboveInfinity, maybe you can answer my question about what to expect in the future?

3+ accounts of Ghost explaining he wasn't offered a gametype vs. one (possible trolling) Twitch chat message from Quinn... Is picking a side that hard?

As for the future... Getting the gametype is up to Quinn, and I don't doubt Ghost wouldn't mind testing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Megalo

And removing sprint takes me about 20 seconds with a flash drive.

This, there is going to be no difference between a modded gametype with NS and an "official" version. As Scott and Sauce said, whats the harm in testing it.

I do appreciate what you have done for halo ghost if it weren't for you i'm sure there would be no developer support, or great competitive settings. Thank you

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3+ accounts of Ghost explaining he wasn't offered a gametype vs. one (possible trolling) Twitch chat message from Quinn... Is picking a side that hard?

As for the future... Getting the gametype is up to Quinn, and I don't doubt Ghost wouldn't mind testing it.

It's not like I disagree with anything or am calling you or anyone else wrong. Why is it so bad to want to hear both sides of the story before making a judgement?

I hope that after the support shown for trying out no sprint gametypes on tonight's show we get something from 343 to test out. Lethul ended it on a bit of a sour note, but otherwise it seemed fairly reasonable.