CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

I'm surprised that there were complaints about Orion's aesthetics. It always came off as one of the cleaner and more well defined forge maps to me.

Oh well, it should be interesting to see what the updated version looks like.

inb4 "omg are we gonna get no sprint?" comments

Not sure why the v4 discussion thread needed to be locked because of an announcement tomorrow.. what could possibly be going on that makes discussion pointless??? I am really curious and I think something big is going to happen tomorrow/whenever this show is.

Knowing the timing of this live show would be great, too.

Because there was a lot of confusion between what was really happening. There were conflicting reports about who did what regarding sprint. Yeah I don't think it should have been locked or have posts discussing it deleted, but oh well.

Well we will find out tonight and see what is going on than. Once someone figures out at what time it is on, let us know!

Well we will find out tonight and see what is going on than. Once someone figures out at what time it is on, let us know!

dcd72fc7a10c23ae911eae0a0f6420bb.png

Because there was a lot of confusion between what was really happening. There were conflicting reports about who did what regarding sprint. Yeah I don't think it should have been locked or have posts discussing it deleted, but oh well.

My bet is that Quinn was trolling on Twitch all along and that he never offered us No Sprint. He trolls quite a bit so it wouldn't be a huge surprise to me. We'll see tonight, though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks don't have access to social media at work. Might be home in time to watch this. Depends on traffic.

My bet is that Quinn was trolling on Twitch all along and that he never offered us No Sprint. He trolls quite a bit so it wouldn't be a huge surprise to me. We'll see tonight, though.

That very well could be possible, but between that and ghost's tweets, things just didn't quite add up all the way so I can't blame people for asking what was going on. 

Those 3 maps came out much earlier in competitive settings as opposed to Orion which is still kinda new. Also, that was back when we were just focused on getting competitive settings into the game as all we had at the time was crap so I don't think aesthetically pleasing maps was a top priority.

Now that we have decent settings and a wider competitive audience than what it was 4 months ago, we can start trying to make the aesthetics look good.

then why not remove those eyesores now and put better looking maps in to replace them? The Ark, The Park and Select are all highly pleasing to look at and play exceedingly well.

if quin was trolling then ghost would never have agreed with it in the first place.

Extremely excited for this live show announcement. Even if sprint stays in, it will be nice to finally gain some clarity on the issue.

Also, I've very pleased that the author of Orion is cleaning it up a tiny bit to knock off the tiny criticisms about its appearance because it is a fantastic map that should absolutely be in v5 and should not be held out because of tiny visual issues

• Upvote (+1) 1

if quin was trolling then ghost would never have agreed with it in the first place.

Ghost never agreed with anything afaik. He just stated he's an advocate for NS and that he's been asking 343i for the gametype and hasn't received it. 

then why not remove those eyesores now and put better looking maps in to replace them? The Ark, The Park and Select are all highly pleasing to look at and play exceedingly well.

I'm pretty sure Dispatch and S9 are going for v5, Simplex might stay for CTF but I'm not sure yet. Ghost is still testing with others.

Ghost never agreed with anything afaik. He just stated he's an advocate for NS and that he's been asking 343i for the gametype and hasn't received it.

"To be honest, we were given that option a few months ago, when our playlist had no grounds to stand on yet."

sfWpGlA.jpg

I assume the clarity will be that Quinn actually did offer the remove sprint from throwdown months ago, most likely when it was starting up. However, at the time no sprint caused much debate about breaking maps and the game etc, so Ghost probably wanted to test it thoroughly before implementing it. Throwdown didn't have a leg to stand on as it is, and implementing no sprint was most likely viewed as a risk by ghost.

He may have asked for a gametype and never received one to test. Quinn may have offered to remove it in throwdown, but ghost didn't want to risk the change right away.

All i know is you don't need to lock discussions, leave ambiguous answers, and create some sort of cliff hanger on what could be a rather simple answer and discussion.

"To be honest, we were given that option a few months ago, when our playlist had no grounds to stand on yet."

sfWpGlA.jpg

Yeah, the option but never received the actual gametype. Things change in time, but as I said, we'll see what's up tonight.

Sure Ghost locked the thread to build anticipation, but I feel like whatever he has to say tonight its gonna be game changing. If this is the moment we finally find out if its Sprint or NS from here on out into the years final tournaments. It is going to be interesting. All I know is after that post I am sure he's got something important to say.

lol it's a joke callout :P

one that i will definitely use to piss someone off...lol

thank u

I assume the clarity will be that Quinn actually did offer the remove sprint from throwdown months ago, most likely when it was starting up. However, at the time no sprint caused much debate about breaking maps and the game etc, so Ghost probably wanted to test it thoroughly before implementing it. Throwdown didn't have a leg to stand on as it is, and implementing no sprint was most likely viewed as a risk by ghost.

He may have asked for a gametype and never received one to test. Quinn may have offered to remove it in throwdown, but ghost didn't want to risk the change right away.

All i know is you don't need to lock discussions, leave ambiguous answers, and create some sort of cliff hanger on what could be a rather simple answer and discussion.

I understand where Ghost is coming from..somewhat. He didnt want to do anything that would jeopardize the game or his relationship with 343...BUT... If I was in charge of creating competitive gametypes and 343 mentioned...."hey would you like a no spri.."

"YES and thank you!!!!!!! no need to finish that sentence"

It would be a no brainer. We don't play on btb maps or squad battle maps, we have a bunch of small/medium sized maps that would obviously  play GREAT without sprint, so i wouldn't have to think twice about implementing it. This is no-sprint we are talking about, something that has worked in Halo since 01, there should never be any second guessing on whether it would work in a halo game in 2013...it's still Halo. 

I've played a lot of no sprint on most of the maps we have now...there is zero issue with them and sprint working together. It feels like Halo, no frankie.

Hopefully this isn't a situation like MLG 2011 where there is hesitation on implementing something that will change the game for the better and the community suffers because of it. Hopefully this is just a "waiting on 343" type of thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FORWARD HAT GHOST IS REAL.

but seriously a lot of things will be resolved tonight about NS and the future. Sorry for the small delay from yesterday, it will be worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guest Sergeant Smacky

dat pr circus doe

FORWARD HAT GHOST IS REAL.

but seriously a lot of things will be resolved tonight about NS and the future. Sorry for the small delay from yesterday, it will be worth it.

hmmm...

#6pmEST

#ForwardHatGhost

#343Notayame

#Coachayme

#EricKeepingItReal

#THETRUTHWILLSETYOUFREE

• Upvote (+1) 2

#6pmEST

#ForwardHatGhost

#343Notayame

#Coachayme