CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

So what is preventing  us from getting and official No Sprint right now (if the option was there 2 months ago) ?  I'm very interested on listening to Ghost's answer and 343i's response(whoever has the power to answer that).

It seems that ola likes the ark. Great to see him being open minded and testing new/newer maps.

Ghost also seems to have a hard one for Ark. Some tweaking and it's probably gonna be in v5 from the looks of it.

My feedback from that

Consult the author about Orion to improve its aesthetics. Wasnt a fan of the map being dismissed within about 3 minutes when the whole community wants it in. Should be ruled out because of appearance alone, when Simplex/Dispatch/S9 are all worse to look at.

Wheres the hill testing?

Ark. Great map, but ext is its weakest gametype for sure. Slayer and hill are better. There was very few converts in those games. Either swap gametype, or move the placements to back rockets/satellite (behind cover) and crates to make them easier to convert. Currently teams defending have way too easy of a time, and it turns into glorified slayer. Let Chef/Fated do spawns too, they are the experts.

My feedback from that

Consult the author about Orion to improve its aesthetics. Wasnt a fan of the map being dismissed within about 3 minutes when the whole community wants it in. Should be ruled out because of appearance alone, when Simplex/Dispatch/S9 are all worse to look at.

Wheres the hill testing?

Ark. Great map, but ext is its weakest gametype for sure. Slayer and hill are better. There was very few converts in those games. Either swap gametype, or move the placements to back rockets/satellite (behind cover) and crates to make them easier to convert. Currently teams defending have way too easy of a time, and it turns into glorified slayer. Let Chef/Fated do spawns too, they are the experts.

Agreed on pretty much all of this. Orion needs to put almost all the colors off the blocks and use extraction cylinders to show the colors for callouts. Some object usage are also questionable.

As pistola mentioned, the first extraction is pretty much the first who gets it. Gets the extraction, converting that is almost impossible because it is so open. Still watching the rebroadcast, but would like to see how hill plays on it.

Thats really frustrating that they dismissed Orion so quickly (they only played it once) when the community has voiced that mostly everyone would like to see it in v5. Sure it could use a little bit of tweaking with colors etc, but the gameplay on the map is fantastic and fun and completely unique from anything we see on any other map currently. I understand they loved The Ark and they should because its a great map, but there is definitely room for Ark Extract and Orion TS in v5 and I'm very displeased that they were so quick to dismiss Orion because of things that can be easily fixed within a couple of days i.e. the color placement on the map

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just got word from Ghost himself that he will be doing a live show "either toinight or tommorow to explain" the current sitaution with V5. I Know there is a decent amount of interest in this, and the other thread has been locked, so wanted to give you guys an update here.

Make sure to watch the show! Support Halo, and Ghost, (who has given countless hours of his life trying to improve this game and all you guys do is bitch).

LOG1C

Just got word from Ghost himself that he will be doing a live show "either toinight or tommorow to explain" the current sitaution with V5. I Know there is a decent amount of interest in this, and the other thread has been locked, so wanted to give you guys an update here.

Make sure to watch the show! Support Halo, and Ghost, (who has given countless hours of his life trying to improve this game and all you guys do is bitch).

LOG1C

inb4 "omg are we gonna get no sprint?" comments

Not sure why the v4 discussion thread needed to be locked because of an announcement tomorrow.. what could possibly be going on that makes discussion pointless??? I am really curious and I think something big is going to happen tomorrow/whenever this show is.

Knowing the timing of this live show would be great, too.

I tried to get word from ghost, but he didnt want to put a time frame on it (or tell me if he does have 1).

I tried to get word from ghost, but he didnt want to put a time frame on it (or tell me if he does have 1).

Did he say if it was going to be a Beyond First Strike or on his own channel?

It will be a Beyond First Strike, and it will be airing tomorrow. We haven't settled on a time yet, but I'll keep you posted. Appreciate your patience.

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 2

It will be a Beyond First Strike, and it will be airing tomorrow. We haven't settled on a time yet, but I'll keep you posted. Appreciate your patience.

-Ghost

Thanks! Can't wait.

Author of Orion is fixing the visuals as we speak.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Author of Orion is fixing the visuals as we speak.

just curious but what do visuals have to do with anything? we already have station 9, simplex and dispatch which are complete shit to look at, they make my eyes bleed... and feel like forged maps, but they play so gooooooooooooood so i would assume that visuals don't mean anything and its all about the gameplay.

just curious but what do visuals have to do with anything? we already have station 9, simplex and dispatch which are complete shit to look at, they make my eyes bleed... and feel like forged maps, but they play so gooooooooooooood so i would assume that visuals don't mean anything and its all about the gameplay.

Those 3 maps came out much earlier in competitive settings as opposed to Orion which is still kinda new. Also, that was back when we were just focused on getting competitive settings into the game as all we had at the time was crap so I don't think aesthetically pleasing maps was a top priority.

Now that we have decent settings and a wider competitive audience than what it was 4 months ago, we can start trying to make the aesthetics look good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, Schnitzel made some interesting aesthetic changes. Some of the clutter is gone, which gives the map a slightly more open feel.

Also, new callouts:

"One shot, red smiley face'"

Yeah, Schnitzel made some interesting aesthetic changes. Some of the clutter is gone, which gives the map a slightly more open feel.

Also, new callouts:

"One shot, red smiley face'"

by the time you finished that he got away...

looking forward to seeing this seeing this version of the map

by the time you finished that he got away...

looking forward to seeing this seeing this version of the map

lol it's a joke callout :p

Those 3 maps came out much earlier in competitive settings as opposed to Orion which is still kinda new. Also, that was back when we were just focused on getting competitive settings into the game as all we had at the time was crap so I don't think aesthetically pleasing maps was a top priority.

Now that we have decent settings and a wider competitive audience than what it was 4 months ago, we can start trying to make the aesthetics look good.

I still havent heard many say orion looks bad

I still havent heard many say orion looks bad

Neither, but I heard yesterday that people play testing it for v5 dismissed it in the first 3 mins because of the aesthetics so idk. :/ I guess it can't hurt to make it look better, just like how Onyx got a lot of its recognition early on for surpassing expectations as a forge map.