CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

I think Ricochet can likely be tuned in such a way that allows it to act very similar to Assault, and perhaps decreasing the Goal/Capture score points width would be a good move to make players focus more on the Capture, Control, aspect.

Ricochet if tuned, set up, correctly would likely play alot like our beloved Classic Capture the Flag if we disable the Carrier Waypoint and Auto Pick-Up, it would allow you to make some interesting plays I think and strategies as well.

I immediately smh when he said it. I understand what he was doing as a commentator...but the gun is one the easiest weapons in halo history. No one misses with the Rail. No one. I would lvoe to see it removed completely from competitive settings. The consussion rifle has more potential uses than the rail and it takes WAAAAAAAAAY more skill to use.

The Rail can be replaced by a sticky det or rockets on certain maps. 

*raises hand* i'm with it

Quoted for F'in truth! Rail gun is pathetic. And who ever said they rarely see people go on a tear with it, Needs to play against better opponents...

*Raises hand* Also with it.

I think the concussion rifle is a good weapon, but it wouldn't make sense to just plop it any map to replace railgun. Case in point, it sucks on haven. It'd be more sensible to place weapons that work on that specific map, instead of putting the best competitive weapons just because they are good- if that was the case we'd have snipers on every map.

I'd say scrap the concussion on haven, not worth timing. It should be reduced to just above needler status. It should be considered for other maps, but isn't good enough to replace railgun on mohawk spawn.

I enjoy watching slow Ts some times I admit. The pennance games in Reach and Halo 3 Pit Ts games were pretty intense to watch. Narrows. At least they had a good set of power weapons to break it up opposed to guardian Ts lol. Im not saying I would vouch for put Ts in v5 but its not as bad as people make it out to be.

I think it's funny that you don't know what accurate/inaccurate means.  

I am very aware of the Definition of the Word Accuracy and i know the gun is Accurate in a sense because the bullet shoots Straight. but heres 2 reasons why it isnt accurate.

1: the Bullet is slow (you can't control that)

2: the bullet begins to drop at mid range because of Gravity (you can't control that)

Accuracy: the condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; freedom from error or defect; precision or exactness; correctness.

if you shoot this gun at somebody there is a 70/30 chance it will hit you, but not directly. it takes only 3 shots to kill an enemy with Direct shots. if you want a guarnteed kill you have to be atleast in the range of you being about the length of top middle on haven (landing to landing)  to get a guaranteed kill otherwise you will have to aim for the ground because it is a greater chance of hitting him. but then that makes it not a 3sk if your not hitting them directly so you have a greater chance of being 4 shot by someones BR because the bullet is so slow! so yes because the bullet shoots STRAIGHT that makes the gun accurate. but because the bullet is slow its not PERFECT accuracy so therefore it isn't PERFECTLY accurate. predicting moves is all you, not the gun.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I am very aware of the Definition of the Word Accuracy and i know the gun is Accurate in a sense because the bullet shoots Straight. but heres 2 reasons why it isnt accurate.

1: the Bullet is slow (you can't control that)

2: the bullet begins to drop at mid range because of Gravity (you can't control that)

Accuracy: the condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; freedom from error or defect; precision or exactness; correctness.

if you shoot this gun at somebody there is a 70/30 chance it will hit you, but not directly. it takes only 3 shots to kill an enemy with Direct shots. if you want a guarnteed kill you have to be atleast in the range of you being about the length of top middle on haven (landing to landing)  to get a guaranteed kill otherwise you will have to aim for the ground because it is a greater chance of hitting him. but then that makes it not a 3sk if your not hitting them directly so you have a greater chance of being 4 shot by someones BR because the bullet is so slow! so yes because the bullet shoots STRAIGHT that makes the gun accurate. but because the bullet is slow its not PERFECT accuracy so therefore it isn't PERFECTLY accurate. predicting moves is all you, not the gun.

stop talking, please. By your logic, rockets are inaccurate as @#@#$, all projectile weapons are inaccurate, so we shouldn't use them. 

If the weapon is completely consistent (it behaves the same way every time you shoot it), it is accurate.

Your definition has nothing to do with your arguments. I could quote the same definition and argue everything the opposite way.

If by "accurate" you mean hitscan, then say hitscan.

Sorry if I sound pissed, I'm just getting annoyed at all of this talking in circles.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Haven Extraction

Pitfall TS

Pitfall CTF

Onyx TS

Onyx CTF

Station 9 Extraction

Skyline CTF

Simplex CTF

These are honestly the only game types in my opinion that I would want in 100%. Adrift CTF, Haven TS, Skyline TS, and maybe Abandon are below average game types in all honesty. Hopefully Onyx CTF is added, and some new maps come out that work well

Haven Extraction

Pitfall TS

Pitfall CTF

Onyx TS

Onyx CTF

Station 9 Extraction

Skyline CTF

Simplex CTF

These are honestly the only game types in my opinion that I would want in 100%. Adrift CTF, Haven TS, Skyline TS, and maybe Abandon are below average game types in all honesty. Hopefully Onyx CTF is added, and some new maps come out that work well

Those are all symms, plus you need 3 more ts gametypes and one less CTF.

Obviously these are already in:

• Abandon TS
  • Adrift CTF
  • Haven TS
  • Haven Extraction
  • Pitfall CTF
  • Skyline CTF
  • Skyline TS

I would like to see these maps finish the 11 gametypes:

• Station 9 Extraction
  • Onyx Flag
  • Pitfall Slayer
  • Onyx Slayer

Station 9 - Best gametype in the game by far. Requires so much teamwork and coordination, love it! 

Onyx Flag - We have been missing the "Midship" flag gametype in Halo 4.

Pit SLayer - It's strange to rule Simplex out of the ruleset, but I feel Onyx Flag/Slayer is better than both Simplex gametypes and we need a 2 snipe slayer map. Will be interesting to see how pit TS plays on Halo 4, but hopefully it plays good. Would create some sexy standoffs near the end of the game. 

Onyx Slayer - Really fast paced gametype, and like on the slayer it sort of brings that "Midship slayer" gametype into the mix, where you hold setups, wait for a ****** to make a mistake then rush the other teams base and repeat. Sick to watch and play.

The only weapon in the sandbox that should be easy to use is the rocket launcher, that's what it's designed for. Concussion Rifle needs to completely replace the Rail Gun for the rest of competitive Halo. Also the gun is 100% accurate, the projectile just travels slower than most guns so ppl can duck dive and dodge as they see fit, which can make you miss...that does not mean the gun is inaccurate.

Salute to Ghost for testing the C. Rifle

Now can we also test:

90s OS

2:30 or 2:00 Rockets

8 clip Sniper

No ordnance

AA's on map

pretty plz

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only weapon in the sandbox that should be easy to use is the rocket launcher, that's what it's designed for. Concussion Rifle needs to completely replace the Rail Gun for the rest of competitive Halo. Also the gun is 100% accurate, the projectile just travels slower than most guns so ppl can duck dive and dodge as they see fit, which can make you miss...that does not mean the gun is inaccurate.

Now can we also test:

90s OS

8 clip Sniper

No ordnance

AA's on map

pretty plz

2 minute rockets would be interesting. Mite make Adrift ctf faster by allowing more rocket pushes.

8 bullet snipers would be AMAZING but i don't think it can happen. I believe i was told in the V4 thread that you cannot adjust the ammo amount in ordnance spawned weapons like we currently use. And ghost wont go away from the ordnance spawns because weapons disappear after a very short time on spawn if not grabbed. (I believe that's correct. Someone correct me if i'm wrong please)

2 minute rockets would be interesting. Mite make Adrift ctf faster by allowing more rocket pushes.

8 bullet snipers would be AMAZING but i don't think it can happen. I believe i was told in the V4 thread that you cannot adjust the ammo amount in ordnance spawned weapons like we currently use. And ghost wont go away from the ordnance spawns because weapons disappear after a very short time on spawn if not grabbed. (I believe that's correct. Someone correct me if i'm wrong please)

The pace of the game would be a lot better with 2 min Rockets, especially on Adrift. 120 seconds is not quick like some ppl think it is, but the difference is amazing when compared to 3 full mins. I don't know too much about using drop spawns and how long it takes for the weapons to disappear. I'm good with either choice, but the sniper needs an ammo reduction.

Now can we also test:

90s OS

8 clip Sniper

No ordnance

AA's on map

pretty plz

It's accurate? but.. :p

Also, I think you meant 8 bullet sniper (that + no ordnance would be awesome, esp. with the Pit). I agree with 90s OS. Not too sure about 2 min rocks, 2:30 might be better. It just feels weird having snipes and rockets on the same time..

AAs on map maybe. They're annoying to time because they spawn based on when the person with the AA's body decays (even if you drop spawn / set max count higher, I've tested all of this). Stupid holdover from Reach. Another thing is, Halo 4 being an unfinished game, about half of the armor abilities look the same and none of them are easily distinguishable when they're on the ground.

If what you're talking about would be something like the Jetpacks on Sanc, I would be OK with it.

What happened to the Construct remake Gh05t showed on Gandhi's stream? That looked so good and now he hasn't mentioned in months.

What happened to the Construct remake Gh05t showed on Gandhi's stream? That looked so good and now he hasn't mentioned in months.

Are you referring to Orion? It's not an exact remake by any means but it certainly resembles Construct. Ghost has put Orion up for testing and discussion for v5 and I think that it would be a perfect and unique choice for one of the TS slots. It's unlike anything else we currently have in rotation due to its vertical style and just plays incredibly. Orion for v5 please please please <3

The pace of the game would be a lot better with 2 min Rockets, especially on Adrift. 120 seconds is not quick like some ppl think it is, but the difference is amazing when compared to 3 full mins. I don't know too much about using drop spawns and how long it takes for the weapons to disappear. I'm good with either choice, but the sniper needs an ammo reduction.

If no one's near the weapon, it will despawn after 13 seconds (at the start of the game it's basically 3 seconds, since the weapons drop when the loadout screen begins), which means you won't be able to make an opening push for them unless they spawn right on top of you.

The opening push is the only issue I have with it though. 13 seconds should be plenty of time for every other new spawn. If after 13 seconds you still haven't gotten the weapon, you either weren't paying attention or the other team is doing a good job at holding you off of it. Ordnance rockets should stay, and they should be reduced to two minutes, but for lesser weapons I have no issue with dropping them in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love to see King of the Hill tested more, not only because maps geared towards said gametype should receive more attention, but because I believe that King of the Hill requires more communication, teamwork, and skill than Extraction. 

In no way am I saying Extraction is a bad gametype either.

Weapons will only disappear after 12 seconds if we use the static drop spawn method. We can very well use the same dynamic timer the ordnance's use right now without having to deal with the forced ammo from ordnance. This was one of Brad's gripes about Ghost's settings when he agreed to use his settings. 

If no one's near the weapon, it will despawn after 13 seconds (at the start of the game it's basically 3 seconds, since the weapons drop when the loadout screen begins), which means you won't be able to make an opening push for them unless they spawn right on top of you.

The opening push is the only issue I have with it though. 13 seconds should be plenty of time for every other new spawn. If after 13 seconds you still haven't gotten the weapon, you either weren't paying attention or the other team is doing a good job at holding you off of it. Ordnance rockets should stay, and they should be reduced to two minutes, but for lesser weapons I have no issue with dropping them in.

salute

I will just post my list for 11 no sprint gametypes. Because anything with sprints is just a disservice to the competitive/Halo community at this point especially with Pitfall coming. 

• Abandon TS
  • Haven TS
  • Skyline TS
  • Onyx TS
  • Orion TS
  •  
  • Onyx CTF
  • Pitfall CTF
  • Skyline CTF
  • Haven Extraction
  • Abandon/Pitfall/(forge map) Extraction

You need a 1 minute timer for extraction, 45 seconds is too short with no sprint. 90 OS/Camo (ya you can have a classic camo), 120 snipe, 150 Rockets/Rail.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The opening push is the only issue I have with it though. 13 seconds should be plenty of time for every other new spawn.

Yeah but this can be resolved by the first weapon lying on the ground as start, with the same weapon on static timers not appearing at start.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah but this can be resolved by the first weapon lying on the ground as start, with the same weapon on static timers not appearing at star.

hmm

Are you referring to Orion? It's not an exact remake by any means but it certainly resembles Construct. Ghost has put Orion up for testing and discussion for v5 and I think that it would be a perfect and unique choice for one of the TS slots. It's unlike anything else we currently have in rotation due to its vertical style and just plays incredibly. Orion for v5 please please please <3

Nah ghost was making his own, I presume it got scrapped.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In my opinion, I feel we as a community shouldn't be moving onto v5 without really knowing your stance on sprint. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but i'm just curious how come you won't respond to people about this topic Ghost. If you have or if someone knows if he did can you direct me to it? I can't seem to find him mentioning anything anywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah but this can be resolved by the first weapon lying on the ground as start, with the same weapon on static timers not appearing at start.

couldn't you also have the starting weapon as ordnance for Rockets?  Then the rest on drop spawn

Actually Ghost, could you ask 343i to have an option to fix the despawning issue?