CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

yes, it's not fun or competitive at all, because salot has gone and removed the alternate route that was provided by the lifts the map becomes a very linear map, you have no options to really move at all other then hold forwards, every path leads to the same place, the lines of sight are the same and the central set up over looks nearly every single spawn point to the point that you can't move off spawn without getting a few shots on you at least.

select is a 1000X better for a narrows type map.

Ill have to try it out.

I was under the impression is every bullet hits and the second is a headshot that its a 2sk, I could be wrong though.

Also, If there was to be an OS, it should be bottom mid because its supposed to be the low down defensive powerup and would create incentive to ever be bottom. Right now, the map is basically split in half because there is no reason to ever go to the bottom and you're just screwed going anywhere near there. It would also make it so that Haven has more going on because majority of the time, theres either just the snipe or nothing in play which makes for boring gameplay to both spectate and watch. 

Yeah, true. I'm not too picky where OS is placed on map, but I would prefer to see it over Railgun at least. 

I still use the bottom parts of the map to break setups and flank so they aren't completely useless but I get your point.

Can we start a movement trying to get OS to 90s timer? I feel we can get a poll going on and have someone stream the games, and see if games get a little bit more exciting. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is there a topic on here for current weapons and weapon times? It would be helpful for forgers to know what weapons are conducive of competitive play and how long they should take to spawn after being picked up.

As of now there is no thread that is confirmed on times of the weapons. But in the near future i'm sure times will be posted in here for V5 Settings!

The conc rifle debate is annoying. Its not seen as skillfull/good by people who havent used it too much, so it appears to weak, or "not competitive". Ive ran customs with the weapon in 4s/2s for over 6 months. Players good with it destroy you. A weapon with a high skill gap? A novel thing in Halo today.

Yes there is a Definitive skill gap with the Concussion Rifle because it is a 3sk. But the problem with it is that it isn't that accurate, as in a really weak Rocket if you want to put it into aspect. Rockets aren't that easy to aim unless its close range in a sense. And yes the Concussion Rifle is a "Power weapon" but it is actually harder to use than you would think! The reason being is because the time it takes for the "Bullet" to actually hit where you want it to go you could have already been 4 shot by someones BR because it so unaccurate. So that being said it's very debatable as to where you would actually place the weapon on the map. So far the only maps i would recommend the Concussion Rifle being placed is only on Skyline and maybe Onyx if placed correctly on the map. Skyline has some close hallways you could have the splash damage used effectively and it is great to keep people out of top middle! Onyx you could have it in 1 of 3 places on the map but you would have to do further testing to make sure it plays correctly! 

1: Replace the Scatter Shot with the Concussion Rifle

2: Replace the Suppressor at bottom yellow with the Concussion Rifle

3: Replace the Storm Rifle at top Green with the Concussion Rifle

On another note the Rail Gun is not Consistent because of the so called "Rail Gun Glitch" when you let go of the trigger and nothing comes out! Also when you have host on online matches the Rail Gun will follow you to the left or to the right in some cases. There is nothing wrong with the Power of the weapon it just isn't very liable to assure that you are "Good" with the power weapon because of those flaws.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hated how Ghost commentated when Ninja got the Railgun "the kid is so good with the weapon he never misses" That's because the gun aims itself for you practically.. No offence and I don't mean to get personal just made me cringe.  Whether the concussion rifle is a suitable skillful replacement, im not sure.

I immediately smh when he said it. I understand what he was doing as a commentator...but the gun is one the easiest weapons in halo history. No one misses with the Rail. No one. I would lvoe to see it removed completely from competitive settings. The consussion rifle has more potential uses than the rail and it takes WAAAAAAAAAY more skill to use.

The Rail can be replaced by a sticky det or rockets on certain maps. 

Can we start a movement trying to get OS to 90s timer? I feel we can get a poll going on and have someone stream the games, and see if games get a little bit more exciting. 

*raises hand* i'm with it

So after playing a few games over the last 2 days on the test maps I have some feedback.

Skyline

-I love the Concussion Rifle on this map

-In CTF I recall still spawning under benches relatively close to the center of the map. I was still able to just sprint in and grab the flag after a respawn. I honestly don't think the spawns can get much better though before it becomes an easier spawn trap than Onslaught. Sprint is the only reason these spawns don't work too. So sad :'(

Haven

-Concussion Rifle definitely doesn't seem as useful here. The map is too open for it to really be effective. I'm fine with the Railgun staying here or maybe even an OS but on Haven I didn't feel the need to focus on Conc Rifle control as much as I did on Skyline.

-Didn't have one issue with spawns

Adrift

-Spawns felt a little better to me but I still hate the map.

-I would suggest keeping the flag settings the same but lowering the score to win to 3 caps instead of 5. Even with flag at home to score turned off, most games go into overtime or last all 15 minutes. Then again most games go into OT on Skyline too. Maybe 343s version of CTF just sucks.....

• Upvote (+1) 3

As of now there is no thread that is confirmed on times of the weapons. But in the near future i'm sure times will be posted in here for V5 Settings!

Yes there is a Definitive skill gap with the Concussion Rifle because it is a 3sk. But the problem with it is that it isn't that accurate, as in a really weak Rocket if you want to put it into aspect. Rockets aren't that easy to aim unless its close range in a sense. And yes the Concussion Rifle is a "Power weapon" but it is actually harder to use than you would think! The reason being is because the time it takes for the "Bullet" to actually hit where you want it to go you could have already been 4 shot by someones BR because it so unaccurate. So that being said it's very debatable as to where you would actually place the weapon on the map. So far the only maps i would recommend the Concussion Rifle being placed is only on Skyline and maybe Onyx if placed correctly on the map. Skyline has some close hallways you could have the splash damage used effectively and it is great to keep people out of top middle! Onyx you could have it in 1 of 3 places on the map but you would have to do further testing to make sure it plays correctly! 

1: Replace the Scatter Shot with the Concussion Rifle

2: Replace the Suppressor at bottom yellow with the Concussion Rifle

3: Replace the Storm Rifle at top Green with the Concussion Rifle

On another note the Rail Gun is not Consistent because of the so called "Rail Gun Glitch" when you let go of the trigger and nothing comes out! Also when you have host on online matches the Rail Gun will follow you to the left or to the right in some cases. There is nothing wrong with the Power of the weapon it just isn't very liable to assure that you are "Good" with the power weapon because of those flaws.

How is it no accurate, it has no spread and bloom, its you that would make inaccurate.

And yes it is harder to use, thats the point! Thats a good thing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The reason behind the concussion rifle being inaccurate is because the actual "Bullet" is slow, so you have to aim/predict ahead of them in mid/long range battles.

The reason behind the concussion rifle being inaccurate is because the actual "Bullet" is slow, so you have to aim/predict ahead of them in mid/long range battles.

Thats a good thing again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How is it no accurate, it has no spread and bloom, its you that would make inaccurate.

And yes it is harder to use, thats the point! Thats a good thing.

you had asked how it is not accurate! and yes i do agree it is a good thing!

you had asked how it is not accurate! and yes i do agree it is a good thing!

It is accurate, its entirely predictable.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes the weapon is Accurate in a sense, but its how slow the bullet actually is that makes it inaccurate.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes the weapon is Accurate in a sense, but its how slow the bullet actually is that makes it inaccurate.

No it just makes it harder. Inaccurate would be to describe an AR or BR at long range, where you have no control of the accuracy of the gun.

I'l try get gameplay from the last Unity dubs tournament. In the finals, the winning team had Conc Rifle control the whole game and destroyed.

No it just makes it harder. Inaccurate would be to describe an AR or BR at long range, where you have no control of the accuracy of the gun.

I'l try get gameplay from the last Unity dubs tournament. In the finals, the winning team had Conc Rifle control the whole game and destroyed.

You have no control over how fast the bullet comes out of the gun. Which totally contradicts what you just said. You having to aim the gun is Accuracy but the BR and AR have an instant A to B Shot and that makes the gun Accurate. The concussion rifle has a Slow A to B shot which makes the gun inaccurate because you have no control what so ever of that part of the weapon. Yes there is a skill gap with this weapon i know people who are good at predicting straffes will be GOOD with this weapon. i do not need to see gameplay. thank you

• Downvote (-1) 1

You having to aim the gun is Accuracy but the BR and AR have an instant A to B Shot and that makes the gun accurate

Random spread/bloom etc

Anyways

I concur

You have no control over how fast the bullet comes out of the gun. Which totally contradicts what you just said. You having to aim the gun is Accuracy but the BR and AR have an instant A to B Shot and that makes the gun Accurate. The concussion rifle has a Slow A to B shot which makes the gun inaccurate because you have no control what so ever of that part of the weapon. Yes there is a skill gap with this weapon i know people who are good at predicting straffes will be GOOD with this weapon. i do not need to see gameplay. thank you

It's not often that a post not intended to be funny or snarky makes me burst out laughing anyway. Way to go, champ.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OS for 90 second timer 2013

1. For "let's keep the game like vanilla" people, decreasing OS respawn time to 90s is more like default (oh, how it hurts to say that sentence).

2. We have a 4 shot BR now, we can have the power items on faster timers.

It's not often that a post not intended to be funny or snarky makes me burst out laughing anyway. Way to go, champ.

I don't understand why you think this is funny most of this Is just examples to prove that the concussion rifle is indeed inaccurate.

I don't understand why you think this is funny most of this Is just examples to prove that the concussion rifle is indeed inaccurate.

I think it's funny that you don't know what accurate/inaccurate means.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think it's funny that you don't know what accurate/inaccurate means.

I'm dying, this conversation is making me lul...

Inaccurate = you cannot control the outcome

Requires prediction = if you can predict the enemy's strafe, you can hit them in the body/feet.

inaccurate =/= requires prediction.

inaccurate -> less skillgap

requires prediction -> greater skillgap

Since we're talking Skyline, do you think the map would be better if the central pillar was removed and/or those tarp jump ups were removed (in theory of course)?

Pillar, yes. Tarps, I don't really have an opinion on but I'm leaning towards thinking they should stay.

Not like we can do anything about either of those though.

Suggestions for testing:

-No Sprint 120% Speed

-Snipers on 2 minute timers, OS on 90 seconds, Rockets on 2 minute 30 seconds, 8 rounds per sniper ordnance drop

-Orion 1plot Extraction, Landfall 1plot Extraction, Pit CTF

-Adrift/Skyline Ricochet

I have a feeling Ricochet would be a better gametype for Adrift than CTF, because of the structure of the bases(restricted lines of sight from the rest of the map to the base). If we could somehow have neutral Bomb back, though, that would be even better for Adrift.

Also, is it possible for the Flagnum to have limited ammo? That would add some more depth to how it is used(less spamming maybe) and would make standoffs more tactical in my opinion.

Oh and no Pitfall TS if there are better alternatives. Pit TS has always been a standoff on pro/tournament level.

• Upvote (+1) 3