CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

Whatever happened to that Construct remake Ghost?

I do, desire an answer to this question.

You could say it's relevant to my interests.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think the reasoning behind the construct remake is because of the screen lag for lan tourneys and the splitscreen. its really bad on simplex i saw, but i would like to see it come back. i barely saw it in MLG halo 3 so it would be interesting to see!

i think the reasoning behind the construct remake is because of the screen lag for lan tourneys and the splitscreen. its really bad on simplex i saw, but i would like to see it come back. i barely saw it in MLG halo 3 so it would be interesting to see!

Oh that was my favorite map, by far. Closely followed by Narrows. And mostly because the better team always won on both of those maps and they were just plain fun. Such feels thinking about it.

And yeah, the frame rate issues are certainly present and noticeable. I understand that. But we have simplex and dispatch being utilized, I don't see the harm in at least 1 more. a good remake, that actually works well with Halo 4 (which I honestly believe construct would fair very well), and just give it a go. At least find a solid remake of it and give it a few goes.

ATTENTION: GHOST/QUINN MADE ERRORS IN RELEASING THE V4 MAPS AND GAMETYPES.

Some gametypes are not weapon tuned, some are. All of them are lacking 2x Overshield and 3 minute timers, and because of this, static weapons (Rockets, Railguns) will spawn sporadically and cannot be predicted properly.

Also, Simplex's railgun is meant to be Static and is not...

I reccomend everyone reach out to Ghost to get him to fix the gametypes

Edit: Testing all of the gametypes right now

Slayer -
2X OS and 3 minute Timers are Broken

CTF 5 - 2x OS and Timers broken
CTF Adrift - Not sure yet

Ext- Timers and OS working

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh that was my favorite map, by far. Closely followed by Narrows. And mostly because the better team always won on both of those maps and they were just plain fun. Such feels thinking about it.

And yeah, the frame rate issues are certainly present and noticeable. I understand that. But we have simplex and dispatch being utilized, I don't see the harm in at least 1 more. a good remake, that actually works well with Halo 4 (which I honestly believe construct would fair very well), and just give it a go. At least find a solid remake of it and give it a few goes.

I have a solid remake. I spent like hours a few weeks ago searching for and testing all the Construct remakes I could find. Most of them really sucked, but my friends and I found the best one and modified it heavily to work properly and look neat while being as faithful as possible. It's on my file share if anyone wants to take a look at it.

GT: KazuhLLL

Some gametypes are not weapon tuned, some are. All of them are lacking 2x Overshield and 3 minute timers, and because of this, static weapons (Rockets, Railguns) will spawn sporadically and cannot be predicted properly.

Slayer - 2X OS and 3 minute Timers are Broken

Interesting mistake to be made. Ghost is usually very matriculate about the way he does things.

Anybody with him on their friends list should attempt to get a hold of him.

Otherwise, tweet at him and such. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

I have a solid remake. I spent like hours a few weeks ago searching for and testing all the Construct remakes I could find. Most of them really sucked, but my friends and I found the best one and modified it heavily to work properly and look neat while being as faithful as possible. It's on my file share if anyone wants to take a look at it.

GT: KazuhLLL

I'll certainly take a look at it when I get on in a few minutes.

If anyone wants to try to run a few customs and see how it plays, I would be more than game.

GT: Multichem

Interesting mistake to be made. Ghost is usually very matriculate about the way he does things.

Anybody with him on their friends list should attempt to get a hold of him.

Otherwise, tweet at him and such. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Yes it does, more than 600 people have already downloaded them. It's a huge slip up

Slayer - 2X OS and 3 minute Timers are Broken

CTF adrift seems to be fine, but remember the CTF adrift in v3 is different than V4. 

OS is broken in Slayer and CTF though, confirmed after playing Abandon & Simplex in Slayer Pro, Multi-Team and Throwdown.

No double over shield in slayer or extraction abandon? When will this be fixed ? I got absolutely melted today when I picked it up.

CTF adrift seems to be fine, but remember the CTF adrift in v3 is different than V4. 

OS is broken in Slayer and CTF though, confirmed after playing Abandon & Simplex in Slayer Pro, Multi-Team and Throwdown.

Oh no, the maps aren't meant to have those settings in MM at the moment. We are talking about the gametypes in Ghost's fileshare.

Played the v4 settings last night on stream, and loved it. it was awesome playing a game that felt like halo again.

Oh no, the maps aren't meant to have those settings in MM at the moment. We are talking about the gametypes in Ghost's fileshare.

Would just like to reiterate this again for people new to the thread.

The V4 settings in OGhostayame fileshare have flaws and should not have been released in their current condition.

The settings have the incorrect timers for power weapon spawns, along with a single layer overshield.

Please spread the word.

I have just finished reviewing every game type and map variant for the v4 settings.  I've seen many complaints in this thread and on Twitter about a "single-layer Overshield," and a few others about the Static Ordnances being faulty.  Well, for those of you who don't know, Quinn del Hoyo changed up the Overshield's functionality.  Originally, back in January, Kevin Franklin helped me out with a double-layer Overshield by just implementing a hidden "second-layer."  Well, Quinn saw how he did it, but wanted to improve on its responsiveness.  Thus, he took out the hidden extra layer and then gave the original "single-layer" a damage resistance boost that matches the resistance of the original "double-layer Overshield."  So, if you guys would like to test out his new adjustments, just pick up the Overshield and throw grenades at your feet. You'll notice that each grenade only takes off roughly 30% of your shields.  Therefore, this "double-layer Overshield" is much more effective and understanding than its previous version.

Now, in regards to the Static Ordnances (static timers), I have tested every Rocket Launcher and Railgun to ensure that they are on 3-minute static timers. However, I did come across an Initial Drop with a 116-second Resupply when it came to v4 Simplex. I'm not sure how this snuck in there to be honest, but I've reverted it back to the 3-minute static timer in the updated version. Every other map responded perfectly with dropping these static weapons at 3-minute intervals, i.e. 12:00, 9:00, etc.  I'm not sure if someone else has the wrong game types, but everything in my file share is now perfect.  If someone else could please go ahead and re-download each and every game type and map variant, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could test out the set.  I apologize for any inconveniences that this has caused thus far. Thanks for the heads-up!

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 6

I have just finished reviewing every game type and map variant for the v4 settings.  I've seen many complaints in this thread and on Twitter about a "single-layer Overshield," and a few others about the Static Ordnances being faulty.  Well, for those of you who don't know, Quinn del Hoyo changed up the Overshield's functionality.  Originally, back in January, Kevin Franklin helped me out with a double-layer Overshield by just implementing a hidden "second-layer."  Well, Quinn saw how he did it, but wanted to improve on its responsiveness.  Thus, he took out the hidden extra layer and then gave the original "single-layer" a damage resistance boost that matches the resistance of the original "double-layer Overshield."  So, if you guys would like to test out his new adjustments, just pick up the Overshield and throw grenades at your feet. You'll notice that each grenade only takes off roughly 30% of your shields.  Therefore, this "double-layer Overshield" is much more effective and understanding than its previous version.

Now, in regards to the Static Ordnances (static timers), I have tested every Rocket Launcher and Railgun to ensure that they are on 3-minute static timers. However, I did come across an Initial Drop with a 116-second Resupply when it came to v4 Simplex. I'm not sure how this snuck in there to be honest, but I've reverted it back to the 3-minute static timer in the updated version. Every other map responded perfectly with dropping these static weapons at 3-minute intervals, i.e. 12:00, 9:00, etc.  I'm not sure if someone else has the wrong game types, but everything in my file share is now perfect.  If someone else could please go ahead and re-download each and every game type and map variant, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could test out the set.  I apologize for any inconveniences that this has caused thus far. Thanks for the heads-up!

-Ghost

Interesting change to the overshield. Not exactly sure why it needed to be changed from what it was, but as long as it reacts the same to the damage you can take I don't care one bit. 

Thanks for checking everything out, Ghost.

You can go ahead and use This Thread for stuff like that.

Thanks, anyway we can get it pinned? Since it is a very important topic.

That would be up to the Admins, but I agree it's important. Criticism is the key to open the doors of perfection.

Also, as stated in the thread, it's never too soon to begin brainstorming the next iteration.

I'll be making an official v5 thread when the time comes. This topic is still highly necessary though!

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll be making an official v5 thread when the time comes. This topic is still highly necessary though!

-Ghost

I'll make sure to compile a list of concerns voiced within mine, and give them over to yours once it's up!

-Ghost

Glad you clarified the new Overshield, it makes so much sense! But I re-downloaded slayer yesterday around 6-8 pm EST and went on Haven and the Rail respawned at the first time like at 10:40, where it should have spawned at 12:00... I guess it could have been an observation error on my part.

Anyways, glad most of the problems are fixed!

According to the bulletin, every overshield in MM is supposed to be double layer. Ghost pulled the v4 gametypes from the v3 ones and set them up how V4 ones are supposed to be, hence there being no double layer atm.