CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

Does anyone wanna play some matchmaking? I want to play with people who are actually cool and fun to play with. If you wanna play, add me. GT- The Goodpasture

I would love to see some new Extraction based maps. Station 9 plays very well IMO and brings a fresh element to Halo. Also I would like to see the Concussion Rifle thrown in the mix, at least for Extraction. Imagine a clutch Concussion shot knocking someone off the beacon. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not sure if this is the place for this but can we at least get sprint and armor abilities taken out for v5 settings? I mean i know the v4 settings are here to stay but pitfall is coming out soon and i assume they will take the place of adrift ctf and abandon ts. Also the community is coming back and we are on an up rise I think taking sprint and AA's out will bring back some of the hard core guys that left when reach/h4 came out.

I really think this whole "we can't distance ourselves too far from other playlists to draw casuals into throwdown" approach isn't working.  What it has done is just made Throwdown another playlist similar to all the others, except in Throwdown if you are a casual you get absolutely donged on.  I'm of the view that Throwdown needs to do more to differentiate itself from other playlists so that casuals actually think of it as an alternative to infinity slayer/legendary slayer/slayer pro.  Removing sprint and backing out of lobbies would be a great start.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I really think this whole "we can't distance ourselves too far from other playlists to draw casuals into throwdown" approach isn't working. What it has done is just made Throwdown another playlist similar to all the others, except in Throwdown if you are a casual you get absolutely donged on. I'm of the view that Throwdown needs to do more to differentiate itself from other playlists so that casuals actually think of it as an alternative to infinity slayer/legendary slayer/slayer pro. Removing sprint and backing out of lobbies would be a great start.

I second this.

I would like to see vertigo extraction tested. I don't think it will work well with TS. I would also like to see Onyx flag and slayer. If you need an extra person to test these settings with, I would be glad to help :)

Can't wait for v5, good luck with the testing and everything Ghost! ;D

Also, may I ask what was wrong with KOTH? I've heard that it's broken or something, but I have never found out what. Thanks ;D

• Upvote (+1) 1

Orion would be nice to have, we need another asym map. I don't think Vertigo will play well by just watching gameplay of it.

Can't wait for v5, good luck with the testing and everything Ghost! ;D

Also, may I ask what was wrong with KOTH? I've heard that it's broken or something, but I have never found out what. Thanks ;D

The hill scoring is glitched atm when more than one person enters the hill at the same time, you get more points for each new person in there. Ghost doesn't feel comfortable putting it in and I think the twist he's talking about is the "Everyone Counts" option.

• Onyx TS
  • Pitfall TS
  • Simplex CTF
  • Station 9 Ext

I'm down with those unless gametypes such as Oddball and KoTH get fixed.

I dont really know what this Orion map is, link anyone?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Orion TS & KoTH (if we get a fix with the new maps)

I think this and Ender CTF would be great to be given a chance and tested. 

Ghost, you mentioned that you would like to have a two snipe forge map to replace Dispatch on the Back 2 Basics show, Ender is your map. It plays great with two snipers. It isn't completely open like dispatch so sniping won't be nearly as easy to snipe on and the map plays incredibly smooth. Not to the mention the aesthetics on this map are remarkable for a forge map or for really any map.  

I think this and Ender CTF would be great to be given a chance and tested. 

Ghost, you mentioned that you would like to have a two snipe forge map to replace Dispatch on the Back 2 Basics show, Ender is your map. It plays great with two snipers. It isn't completely open like dispatch so sniping won't be nearly as easy to snipe on and the map plays incredibly smooth. Not to the mention the aesthetics on this map are remarkable for a forge map or for really any map.  

I did mention this, but I had no idea that Pitfall was coming out at that moment in time. Unfortunately for Ender, Pitfall CTF will now be filling that void.

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 2

Suggested gametypes:

Abandon TS

Dispatch CTF

Haven Ext

Haven TS

Onyx TS

Pitfall CTF

Pitfall KotH

Pitfall TS

Skyline CTF

Skyline TS

Station 9 Ext

I would try testing Dispatch with one sniper on either green/yellow sticks with OS being green/yellow sticks.

Also I'd like to see Dispatch extraction replace Station 9, but if it doesn't, I wouldn't have an issue with that. And with Onyx CTF being suggested, I don't see it working because of the spawns.

Possible gametypes: Orion KotH / Orion TS / Sanctuary CTF

If you need help with testing, let me know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We all know Pit TS is gonna be there come August 20.

As far asymms go I think Vertigo is more High Ground or Burial Mounds than Lockout or Dammy or anything competitive. I'd pretty shocked if it ended up playing well, I'd be even more shocked if it ended up in v5, because that would mean taking a couple of looks at the map and putting it in sight unseen without any real testing.

Y U NO MONOLITH?? Don't know what this KOTH spin is that you're talking about but Mono is a nice map for KOTH.

I have to question Adrift staying. It's just not a good map, but clearly you have your reasons. I wouldn't oppose a second gametype for Abandon, such as EXT.

Not familiar with Orion or Ender. Onyx is meh, Dispatch is meh x2, I kind of like Station 9 (dodges thrown objects), I've always thought Simplex was a snoozefest. Yeah that last game of this past tournament was exciting but just about every other time it's boooooring. Lotus was a great map, why was that removed?

I obviously have not played the map, however I think vertigo is too big for competitive play. Especially slayer. However Pit TS and Pit CTF seem to be two amazing gametypes 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We all know Pit TS is gonna be there come August 20.

As far asymms go I think Vertigo is more High Ground or Burial Mounds than Lockout or Dammy or anything competitive. I'd pretty shocked if it ended up playing well, I'd be even more shocked if it ended up in v5, because that would mean taking a couple of looks at the map and putting it in sight unseen without any real testing.

Y U NO MONOLITH?? Don't know what this KOTH spin is that you're talking about but Mono is a nice map for KOTH.

I have to question Adrift staying. It's just not a good map, but clearly you have your reasons. I wouldn't oppose a second gametype for Abandon, such as EXT.

Not familiar with Orion or Ender. Onyx is meh, Dispatch is meh x2, I kind of like Station 9 (dodges thrown objects), I've always thought Simplex was a snoozefest. Yeah that last game of this past tournament was exciting but just about every other time it's boooooring. Lotus was a great map, why was that removed?

Pretty sure it was because of the spawns. 

The time has finally come for us to begin our testing phase of the v5 map variants and game types.  I have adjusted current map variants quite a bit in order to improve spawn consistencies, weapon layouts, and geometry. I will be testing these settings periodically in the next few weeks here. So if you're looking to obtain these test settings, you'll have to either get invited to test, or wait until the settings start spreading through file shares. These test settings will be labeled with a "TEST" at the end of each title, i.e. "Abandon TEST." Nevertheless, I have already decided upon a few set map variant and game type combinations for the v5 set:

• Abandon TS
  • Adrift CTF
  • Haven TS
  • Haven Extraction
  • Pitfall CTF
  • Skyline CTF
  • Skyline TS

These combinations have been decided upon because of numerous prioritized reasons. Thus, we are left a total of (4) four potential combinations. These slots can be filled by past, current, and new combinations. We already have decided on (3) three Team Slayers, (3) three Capture The Flags, and (1) one Extraction. So, we will need to fill in (2) two Team Slayers, (1) one Capture The Flag, and (1) one Extraction. To kick things off, I've also decided to list some potential slot-fillers:

• Simplex TS
  • Onyx TS
  • Vertigo TS
  • Pitfall TS
  • [Orion TS]

• Simplex CTF
  • Onyx CTF

• Vertigo Extraction
  • Station 9 Extraction
  • Dispatch Extraction
  • [Abandon Extraction]

Now, these suggestions are merely here to spark some testing and imagination. I will be adding any suggestions posted in this thread up to the collection above in order to give every combination an equal opportunity.  I'm sure that there are many folks wondering, "What about 'King of the Hill?' What about 'Ricochet?'"  Well, I plan on releasing v5 alongside the Champions Bundle on August 20th. So, I won't have much time to test Ricochet. Regarding "King of the Hill," I'll be testing a new spin on it periodically, but we'll need to test it out just as much as Ricochet since it's a drastic twist. We've reached a certain standard with our settings ever since v4, and I plan on building upon that standard with each upcoming version.

Anyways, I'll have roughly 24-36 hours to set up and test Pitfall CTF, Pitfall TS, Vertigo TS, and Vertigo Extraction if I want to do implement them within v5. So, I will certainly need everyone's help with testing if we want to play Pitfall and/or Vertigo in the Team Throwdown playlist upon launch (August 20th). When I say help, I mean that we will need to have every other game type and map variant sorted out before August 12th. That way, when I can finally test the Champions Bundle, I'll be able to decide which game types deserve to be in the v5 rotation.  I know that it's a big request, but I also know that we can complete it as a community.  We've been exponentially gaining traction here within these last few months, and I want to continue that recent tradition.  Frequent this thread, leave your constructive criticism below, and stay tuned to my Twitter for test session tweets. Thank you for your time and attention. I look forward to making these v5 settings the best ones yet!

-Ghost

Mine would have to be

• Abandon TS
  • Adrift CTF - As long as spawns are fixed. Otherwise I think this should be gone. Pitfall CTF replacing this and Ender CTF replacing dispatch CTF would be better IMO
  • Haven TS
  • Haven Extraction
  • Pitfall CTF
  • Skyline CTF
  • Skyline TS

Pitfall TS

Orion TS

Onyx CTF

Vertigo or station 9 extraction (I would like to see Orion extraction tried also though, as it's similar to KoTH)

If you ever need a tester, my GT is UnloadedVelociT. Have actual Game testing experience too :) Just shoot an invite if I'm on.