CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

Quinn offered it though, that's what a lot of people were saying and there was even a picture showing the conversation Quinn had with someone in a twitch chat where he basically says he offered a NS gametype to Ghost.

I don't know where that picture is, but I'm sure someone does.

All I know is that someone lied to someone somewhere in this story. Things don't appear to be too clear.

It was hypothetical and he was hypothetically offered it before TTD came out. He made the decision not to because the community had no legs to stand on and he wanted to keep it as vanilla as possible to try and bring in the population.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Quinn offered it though, that's what a lot of people were saying and there was even a picture showing the conversation Quinn had with someone in a twitch chat where he basically says he offered a NS gametype to Ghost.

I don't know where that picture is, but I'm sure someone does.

All I know is that someone lied to someone somewhere in this story. Things don't appear to be too clear.

^This. Also in 343's chat during the Championship Bundle reveal, a few of 343's employees said that they did offer Ghost no sprint and he said no.

It was hypothetical and he was hypothetically offered it before TTD came out. He made the decision not to because the community had no legs to stand on and he wanted to keep it as vanilla as possible to try and bring in the population.

And this is why Ghost said no.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If 343 gives ghost nosprint, We will use nosprint. Ghost is just as aware as everyone that spring is trash.

Ghost never actually denied using it as it was never actually given to him, He was just asked hypothetically.

I think theres no need to discuss this. Lets discuss actual V5 settings, eh? Not complain about something outside his control

If 343 gives ghost nosprint, We will use nosprint. Ghost is just as aware as everyone that spring is trash.

Ghost never actually denied using it as it was never actually given to him, He was just asked hypothetically.

I think theres no need to discuss this. Lets discuss actual V5 settings, eh? Not complain about something outside his control

The point is that Ghost probably won't block the EMP buttons on Vertigo based off of other decisions he made in the past.

Examples:

-Denies NS gametype. (Even though it wasn't even possible? But yet got offered it by a 343i employee. No logic in saying it's not his fault).

-Skyline lifts didn't get blocked.

-Ricochet put in v5.

-Station 9 in v5.

-Scattershot in v5.

-Railgun in v5.

All of those examples clearly show that Ghost doesn't follow what the majority wants. EMP isn't going anywhere most likely.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ghost wants no sprint. I have heard him state it multiple times. He doesn't like sprint. 

If you are going to find disagreement with him, then disagree with stuff that he actually believes. 

Good: I disagree that vertigo should have EMP (something he believes)

Bad: I disagree that the starting weapon should be Boltshot (something he clearly doesn't believe)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've never reall encountered an issue with the emp. But I don't share ghosts opinion that the emp is needed to break that power position... (I believe that's what ghost said anyways) Vertigo needs that solid position to dictate some sort of flow or objective to the map.

There is a fair bit of warning when someone hits the emp too. You usually have time to bail out before losing all your shields

The point is that Ghost probably won't block the EMP buttons on Vertigo based off of other decisions he made in the past.

Examples:

-Denies NS gametype. (Even though it wasn't even possible? But yet got offered it by a 343i employee. No logic in saying it's not his fault).

He didn't deny an NS gametype. He was never offered an NS gametype.

-Skyline lifts didn't get blocked.

I agree that lifts need blocked, but the only poll on the subject was a biased one. 

-Ricochet put in v5.

The only poll for ricochet was a biased one, and the poll was mostly a tie.

-Station 9 in v5.

The only poll was a biased one that was retweeted by pro-station 9 people, but station 9 was the majority in that poll.

-Scattershot in v5.

No arguments. I find Needler to be a bigger sin tho.

-Railgun in v5.

I haven't seen any polls to indicate that the majority like or dislike Railgun. It seems pretty split and many of the anti-railgun people only dislike it because of host advantage and not because it is actually a bad gun.

All of those examples clearly show that Ghost doesn't follow what the majority wants. EMP isn't going anywhere most likely.

Of the examples you posted, all of the data that could be used to find the majority was biased data by OP's with an agenda. The information in all of them should be disregarded (and I agree with two of them so I am not saying this to push my own adenda). Of those polls, one of them he went with the majority vote (though it was his poll)

There are no polls about whether the EMP should stay or go, so we don't actually know what the majority want. Chances are that most want it gone, but a little bit of twitter power could easily change the tide of any poll posted. 

EDIT: I posted a poll for EMP so the last paragraph is now a lie

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ghost wants no sprint. I have heard him state it multiple times. He doesn't like sprint.

If you are going to find disagreement with him, then disagree with stuff that he actually believes.

Good: I disagree that vertigo should have EMP (something he believes)

Bad: I disagree that the starting weapon should be Boltshot (something he clearly doesn't believe)

What did Ghost put into v5 based on what the majority of the community wanted?

What did Ghost put into v5 based on what the minority of the community wanted?

What did Ghost put into v5 based on what the majority of the community wanted?

What did Ghost put into v5 based on what the minority of the community wanted?

Station 9

Asym slayer (though nobody thought vertigo would be the one chosen)

Pit

Removed Adrift

Removed Dispatch

Better spawns

Concussion rifle

Also, your response has absolutely nothing to do with what I actually posted btw. You question doesn't make sense in context of what you quoted. I simply said to not hate ghost for stuff unless he actually believes it because people were saying that ghost wants to keep sprint (which he doesn't).

If you are going to hate him, hate him for something he actually did. Like adding vertigo, or ricochet, or keeping station 9, or something else that is controversial. Don't hate him for not taking no sprint because he never had the opportunity to use no sprint without modded settings. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Station 9

Asym slayer (though nobody thought vertigo would be the one chosen)

Pit

Removed Adrift

Removed Dispatch

Better spawns

Concussion rifle

Also, your response has absolutely nothing to do with what I actually posted btw. You question doesn't make sense in context of what you quoted. I simply said to not hate ghost for stuff unless he actually believes it because people were saying that ghost wants to keep sprint (which he doesn't).

If you are going to hate him, hate him for something he actually did. Like adding vertigo, or ricochet, or keeping station 9, or something else that is controversial. Don't hate him for not taking no sprint because he never had the opportunity to use no sprint without modded settings.

Look at the post by Mayday a few posts up. It basically says that 343i employees said that Ghost denied no sprint.

From what I understand, is that Ghost was offered NS by Quinn. Ghost says no. (I guess Quinn didn't even know if he could get a official gametype. So I guess it was more of a "if I can get NS for you, do you want NS?" Type of offer). And then Ghost asks for it and he doesn't get a response.

Since 343i hasn't responded, that leaves everyone in the dark. Which makes 343i look like the "bad guy."

Then you have 343i saying Ghost said no to NS. Which makes Ghost look like the "bad guy."

According to 343i, when Quinn offered NS, Ghost said no. According to Ghost, 343i ignored him when he asked. These two, I guess, "facts" don't really agree with each other.

Soooooooo off of all this information, something, somewhere, is corrupt.

EDIT: The original quote I did was out of context. But it was for you to point out things that v5 got/ didn't get by Ghost, based on the majority and minority. Then I wanted to see what was more dominate, the majority or minority opinion. I should of also of asked what majority and minority ideas got ignored for v5. The point was to make Ghost look like he doesn't listen to the majority community opinion as much as he could and that he often trusts his gut more often.(Vertigo, no KoTH, ricochet, station 9. These are gut decisions). Which led me to saying all this stuff to show how mysterious he is and how no matter what we say, he'll listen to his gut in end.

But I'm done with it all now. I just wanted NS.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm curious about Pitfall TS in Halo 4. How does it play relative to past Pit TS gametypes? (I'm genuinely curious and would like to hear from people who have actually tested it in H4).

I'm curious about Pitfall TS in Halo 4. How does it play relative to past Pit TS gametypes? (I'm genuinely curious and would like to hear from people who have actually tested it in H4).

When i tested it, I felt standoffs happened quite a bit less often because of sprint. It's just so easy to grab a teammate and sprint into their open side of the map. I found at times it got quite hectic with everyone playing it so aggressively. Sorta ruined the flow of the map because sprint and nodescoping have made taking almost any route you want to take a viable option. Fighting is common everywhere on the map, not just concentrated to the hallways and needle spawns, like before. Some times you'll play a real passive team that just holds there side though, and it can still win you games, but i found being really aggressive and sprinting into their open side turned out in your favor more often then not. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who cares about sprint or no sprint at this point?

For halo 4? I dont care  that much, for Halo 5, I CARE... A LOT.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you care about v5 settings (and everyone reading this thread cares to some extent), then you probably care about sprint because it ruins the game to a large degree. No sprint H4 with DMR starts is to our current settings as Reach's NBNS v7 settings are to default Reach. I also find it hard to believe 343 wouldn't create an official gametype with sprint (maybe even with descope) considering how badly the general Halo community is doing. It'd take 5 seconds to whip up some gametypes and watch the Throwdown playlist population triple.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you care about v5 settings (and everyone reading this thread cares to some extent), then you probably care about sprint because it ruins the game to a large degree.

True, but after v5 are people really going to be playing? Or maybe they already left.

snip

Think for a second. All the info we have seen on the subject has come from ghost himself. 

He may have thought at one point that 343i would be willing to give him NS, but he was mistaken. 

343i then told him NS is a no-no.

Never has a 343i employee posted/tweeted/anything related to giving us No sprint. The "Offer" that people refer to was Ghost saying that 343i might be able to give no sprint and asking the community if they wanted it. 

We, as the stupid crowd mentality we are took that to mean "343i is 100% set on giving us No sprint and Ghost turned them down" 

I was there. I saw it happen. 

He was never able to get No sprint. He has talked to Quinn about No-sprint, but Quinn never at any point said that he would give no-sprint. 

Ghost wants no sprint. He has said this over and over and over and over and over. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel strongly about it for the same reason I still hate Halo 3. 

Just because the feelings are old, doesn't mean I am going to forget them. 

It's easy to get worn down by shittier and shittier situations. That is why so many people here praise Halo 3. They have had worse so they forget that Halo 3 was such a train wreck. The memories of someone eating 9 shots in a row from mid range and then turning around to 4 shot them and walking away with full shield aren't fresh in their minds any more so they only look at the good points. 

I am not like that. I refuse to look at things from a subjective standpoint. I always look at things like this objectively (which honestly isn't a good thing in the real world). My Ex called me a psycopath because I said would be willing to murder one person myself if I knew it would save two people. 

The fact is that people let their emotions get in the way of the truth. I try my hardest every day to not fall for the same thing. I do fall for it, but I try my hardest not to. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Think for a second. All the info we have seen on the subject has come from ghost himself.

He may have thought at one point that 343i would be willing to give him NS, but he was mistaken.

343i then told him NS is a no-no.

Never has a 343i employee posted/tweeted/anything related to giving us No sprint. The "Offer" that people refer to was Ghost saying that 343i might be able to give no sprint and asking the community if they wanted it.

We, as the stupid crowd mentality we are took that to mean "343i is 100% set on giving us No sprint and Ghost turned them down"

I was there. I saw it happen.

He was never able to get No sprint. He has talked to Quinn about No-sprint, but Quinn never at any point said that he would give no-sprint.

Ghost wants no sprint. He has said this over and over and over and over and over.

Okay I see what you mean.

Hopefully this EU NS thingy starts a trend and 343i picks up on it and releases an official gametype.

Did Ghost answer my question? Who wanted Vertigo?

Vertigo is an asym map (something the community requested) and a disc map. The more disc maps, the better.

Vertigo is the worst map in v5 and on top of that no one requested it.

Try again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Vertigo is the worst map in v5 and on top of that no one requested it.

Try again.

There was plenty of talk of including Vertigo

There was plenty of talk of including Vertigo

Amongst who?

I only saw a couple posts suggesting that Vertigo should be in v5.