CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

Does our input even matter?

It doesn't seem like it.

From what I understand it comes down to:

You're input will be listened to, along with 9,001 other people, but pro opinion and adviser opinion is listened to more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've believed from v1 these threads are just for us to vent...nothing more. I have seen nothing to think otherwise, the opinions of 10 pro players and getting on 343's good side >>>> the rest of the community.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Does our input even matter?

It doesn't seem like it.

Should it even matter at this point? Does anyone really care that much about the future of competitive Halo 4? Your desired maps and game types will be used at which tournament exactly? These are the things that I am thinking about and honestly I just don't care anymore. Sure I'll watch AGL 10, then what? Wheres that 343i 4v4 tournament? What incentive is there for me or anyone else to try and go pro in Halo 4? Mikwin just retired because he was losing money doing this. Theres not many people better than him at Halo 4. At this point I have no choice but to accept the situation and move on. 

Should it even matter at this point? Does anyone really care that much about the future of competitive Halo 4?

It doesn't matter now.

But it did when v1 - v4 was being discussed.

To think that our opinions were taken into consideration for these settings... No pro wanted ricochet, no pro wanted pit or vertigo(that I've seen). 

• Upvote (+1) 3

To think that our opinions were taken into consideration for these settings... No pro wanted ricochet, no pro wanted pit or vertigo(that I've seen). 

wait...what? That's not what we've been told....uh oh

popcorn.gif

Station 9 is still in.

I played Simplex ricochet in 4v4 customs. It was actually pretty decent. Only problem was that it is a nadefest.

Yes, the EMP's and lift is still on Vertigo.

While I didn't expect the lift to be blocked, I was under the impression that the EMP's would be blocked for the final version.

They most likely were kept to alleviate a standoff due to the map's size and sightlines.

Wow...just played it and it is pretty disappointing. I just assumed the EMP would be blocked too.  :mellow:

I played Simplex ricochet in 4v4 customs. It was actually pretty decent. Only problem was that it is a nadefest.

Simplex has always been sort of a nade fest.

Ghost felt very strongly about Simplex RIC so I recommend you all go give it a shot :)

I know I'm abit l8 but Ricochet in v5....

cant.gif

Sit down frosty, you're bad  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Simplex has always been sort of a nade fest.

Ghost felt very strongly about Simplex RIC so I recommend you all go give it a shot :)

Why not use one of the Forge maps specifically made for Ricochet that Tashi and Certain Affinity have been testing?

serious question:

has anyone played the settings or just bashing looking at the list?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Simplex has a lot of problems for ricochet.

One side has several advantages over the other. Since the bases are inverted, it is easier to run the ball in from the purple spawn on one side, and it is easier to run in from gold on the other side. It is also possible to throw the ball directly from purple to the back of the base and it will roll in, but only on one side, meaning that one team gets an easy score every purple spawn while the other team doesn't.

Furthermore, because of how the bottom bases are forged, if you bank the ball off the ramp for the bottom of one base, it will go straight, but on the other side, if it hit's that ramp, it will always go off to the left. This means that one side gets an easy throw from top mid to the score, while the other team can't do the same throw nearly as easily because they have to make up for the ball veering to the left. (Test it yourself if you don't believe me)

The team that gets the easy purple throw is also the team that has access to the straight ramp. This means that one team has a significant advantage over throwing the ball in. I also feel that they have an easier time running the ball in from purple side due to the inverted bases, and it is easier to get a run in on purple than Gold so it isn't really balanced that way either.

So basically one team has to overcome a slew of disadvantages in order to win. It is basically Beaver Creek CTF all over again, just not as obvious.

• Upvote (+1) 5

And simplex doesn't? I'll give you that Onyx is more complicated and tests teams from a technical standpoint, but I don't think it necessarily rewards cohesive teams any better than simplex.

Any power position on simplex is significantly weakened or strengthened depending on your teammates. Top Purp - Top mid.. The same concept obviously applies to Onyx but the point is pushing to power positions isn't as simple as sprint there, shoot the guy, win. That's because how open onyx is, this theme is magnified on LAN.

It's been in over 10 versions of competitive Halo for a reason.

Sprint has been in 11

Pit slayer is not good, it is much worse with halo 4s mechanics

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can we expect more arena styled map designs in the future with you behind the multiplayer helm Quinn? Halo CE and 2, are great for really solid inspiration and ideas,as well as Quake and Unreal, your old franchise, in my opinion as a designer :).

I'm gonna troll every time Pit Slayer comes up. It is a legitimate joke w/ sprint.

serious question:

has anyone played the settings or just bashing looking at the list?

I've played all but the 2 Ricochets in customs with friends. Everything felt good, except for Pit TS and Vertigo TS. Pit TS with sprint feels awful, and Vertigo TS wasn't fun. Vertigo has no competitive merit imo. 

You tested these settings with me, and you ended up only saying one thing - "I spawned four times in the same place." I tended to that matter accordingly. You have yet to post any other feedback about that testing session.

Everyone's input matters. I read every post and every tweet.

-Ghost

who wanted Vertigo?