CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

Bloom has been in 11 versions of competitive Halo, too.

Bloom has been in every Halo game ever made. The ridiculous, visible, utility weapon bloom was only in Reach for 6 versions due to lack of developer support leading up to v7 and the 343/Bungie switch.

Pit is overused. Would have rather seen a different map remade. It is also very easy to make in forge unlike other competitive maps (Guardian, Construct).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yep. Not on all weapons, but it's existed.

No it didn't.

In previous Halo games, the spread was based entirely on if you were holding the trigger or not. Pacing/burst fire was totally unnecessary, and the accuracy could be maintained by tapping the trigger. Halo CE's Assault Rifle was always random, while the other two automatics(Plasma Rifle, Pistol) could remain accurate with nearly no hindrance to your rate of fire. This even happened in Halo 3, which is perfectly demonstrated in

video.

In Reach and Halo 4, the spread is completely determined by time between shots as opposed to holding the trigger between shots.

Ok then you're just spouting @&[email protected] But like you said before, "you haven't been apart of the seen for awhile". Seriously though, the power positions on simplex rely on team mates positioning, where as one man on Onyx in top Gold can do serious work. Simplex is like the easier version of onyx. Onyx punishes bad pushes and rewards cohesive teams.

And simplex doesn't? I'll give you that Onyx is more complicated and tests teams from a technical standpoint, but I don't think it necessarily rewards cohesive teams any better than simplex.

I've been off these forums for like 5 months and there's still arguments going on about bloom.

Unbelievable.

I've been off these forums for like 5 months and there's still arguments going on about bloom.

Unbelievable.

You missed the fun argument of Station 9 and how it was the downfall of competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No it didn't.

In previous Halo games, the spread was based entirely on if you were holding the trigger or not. Pacing/burst fire was totally unnecessary, and the accuracy could be maintained by tapping the trigger. Halo CE's Assault Rifle was always random, while the other two automatics(Plasma Rifle, Pistol) could remain accurate with nearly no hindrance to your rate of fire. This even happened in Halo 3, which is perfectly demonstrated in

video.

In Reach and Halo 4, the spread is completely determined by time between shots as opposed to holding the trigger between shots.

Fair point... the line between bloom and spread is sometimes very close... especially when it comes down to rapid tapping/holding down a trigger.

My mistake.

You missed the fun argument of Station 9 and how it was the downfall of competitive Halo.

Was that the 6th..... No, 7th downfall of competitive Halo? I think I lost track.

Pit is overused. Would have rather seen a different map remade. It is also very easy to make in forge unlike other competitive maps (Guardian, Construct).

Guardian and Construct would be heavily broken with sprint, sadly. Construct would just be people sprinting off the second floor to the basements, and Guardian would have so many getaway spots.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bloom has been in every Halo game ever made. The ridiculous, visible, utility weapon bloom was only in Reach for 6 versions due to lack of developer support leading up to v7 and the 343/Bungie switch.

Halo 1 had no bloom. It had spread. There is a significant difference. Not even the AR and PR had bloom.

Halo 2 only had bloom on weapons like the Plasma rifle so it was irrelevant. Spread was what precision weapons had.

Halo 3 was the same as Halo 2.

Halo 1 had no bloom. It had spread. There is a significant difference. Not even the AR and PR had bloom.

Halo 2 only had bloom on weapons like the Plasma rifle so it was irrelevant. Spread was what precision weapons had.

Halo 3 was the same as Halo 2.

I'm aware. I made the mistake of referring to bloom and spread as the same thing. My apologies.

Sorry to bump my own question guys but is v5 vertigo meant to still have the EMPS in use? Because in the version I have ( off ghosts file share) they still are.

I thought ghost was going to forge over them?

Sorry to bump my own question guys but is v5 vertigo meant to still have the EMPS in use? Because in the version I have ( off ghosts file share) they still are.

I thought ghost was going to forge over them?

If he doesn't and still also has that lift to main tower then I have no hope for the map.

I'm aware. I made the mistake of referring to bloom and spread as the same thing. My apologies.

Even if spread and bloom are looked at as the same, they were not in every version of Halo because they are good. They were in because they were forced upon us and there was no way around them.

Even if spread and bloom are looked at as the same, they were not in every version of Halo because they are good. They were in because they were forced upon us and there was no way around them.

I know, I never claimed they were good. I hate them as much as the next guy.

Yes, the EMP's and lift is still on Vertigo.

While I didn't expect the lift to be blocked, I was under the impression that the EMP's would be blocked for the final version.

They most likely were kept to alleviate a standoff due to the map's size and sightlines.

damn...putting ricochet, Vertigo and Pitfall into v5? Ghost really wants this job, promoting the champions bundle like this.  I have seen very few positive reactions from the pro's on twitter about his final v5 settings so I know it's not popular.  And since, these pros are really the only people who are going to be playing these settings, they should get their opinions heard.  Sad, Ghost is going to alienate the few players/teams who still compete to appease his royals in Seattle.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, the EMP's and lift is still on Vertigo.

While I didn't expect the lift to be blocked, I was under the impression that the EMP's would be blocked for the final version.

They most likely were kept to alleviate a standoff due to the map's size and sightlines.

You can't honestly be arguing that the EMP's have a positive aspect.

I won't try and argue that the EMP has a positive aspect, But i also don't think it really has any negative aspects either.

You can't honestly be arguing that the EMP's have a positive aspect.

Your going to have to take my word when I tell you I argued against them. A lot.

Your going to have to take my word when I tell you I argued against them. A lot.

I don't doubt you did. I honestly didn't think anybody would honestly believe the EMP would be good, but apparently ghost does.