CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

There's WAY too many spawns on Abandon. I'm not sure what Ghost was thinking placing all of them, or maybe they're all from the default version. Either way, beach spawns need to go but I agree blocking it off would definitely look dumb. No one's going to go out there so who cares if it's blocked off or not?

Bickering about these details seems pointless since v5 has sprint. It's Reach all over again. We finally got NBNS and the game got fun, but it was too late. You'd think we would have removed Sprint asap in H4, but apparently people are too afraid to mod a dying game.

Bickering about these details seems pointless since v5 has sprint. It's Reach all over again. We finally got NBNS and the game got fun, but it was too late. You'd think we would have removed Sprint asap in H4, but apparently people are too afraid to mod a dying game.

I was hoping at this point we could see no sprint at an AGL event.

Or even modded gametypes such as assault and oddball.

What is there to lose? Why not make the last H4 event the most competitive?

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's WAY too many spawns on Abandon. I'm not sure what Ghost was thinking placing all of them, or maybe they're all from the default version. Either way, beach spawns need to go but I agree blocking it off would definitely look dumb. No one's going to go out there so who cares if it's blocked off or not?

I think crates look sexy, but getting rid of the spawns themselves mean more than the actual wall, so its a compromise I'm more than willing to make.

Only recently has 343 and the community been accepting of modded settings. Its not impossible for there to be some 180 in the Throwdown settings; that's what ZBNS was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was hoping at this point we could see no sprint at an AGL event.

Or even modded gametypes such as assault and oddball.

What is there to lose? Why not make the last H4 event the most competitive?

Brad said he wants to fully support 343 for that dev support so clearly he won't be using any modded settings that go against what 343 are doing. It would be better for competitors and spectators but yeah.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So in another thread, Ghost gave a very detailed, thorough explanation as to why KotH is not considered for v5 settings. Is there an equally strong argument as to why Odball is not considered for settings?

I know that the throwing of the ball mixes things up and complicates how the game coudl be run competitively, but I'd think that the new mechanic could really add a new level of strategy to the game if played on a map that turns the mechanic into something to build competitive strategy around, rather than leave it as a mere gimmick that hurts gameplay. Do we not have Oddball anymore simply because we don't have maps already around or forged to make for good Oddball games? Or is Oddball gone for some other reason?

Official v5 gametypes via Ghosts Twitter:

Haven TS

Abandon TS

Onyx TS

Pitfall TS

Vertigo TS

Skyline CTF

Simplex CTF

Haven EXT

Station 9 EXT

Pitfall Ricochet

Simplex Ricochet.

TS: Vertigo, Abandon, Onyx, Pit, Haven

Flag, Simplex, Skyline

Ext: Haven, station 9

Ricochet, Pit, Simplex

Ghost better get ready..... He's already been twitter attacked by ryanoob

• Upvote (+1) 1

People should of seen this all coming... I mean, i said Ricochet was a lock like almost 3 weeks ago, No one wanted to believe me though.

I'm very happy with the settings with the only exception being; Station 9. But no Dispatch, and no Adrift makes V5 100x better then V4.

GG.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ricochet may have just killed whatever shred of competitive Halo that was left.  I can't wait until tournament time when everyone realizes how broken and pathetic that gametype is.  And he kept Station 9?  Dear God, why did we let Ghost make these decisions?

Edit: I just saw that Vertigo TS is in the rotation as well.  Well that confirms it, either Ghost was never qualified to do this job from the beginning or he really has very little say in all this and the higher ups at 343i are "influencing" all his decisions.  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

So in a 5 game series, you would need 3 objective gametypes right? So there is the potential for a series with 2 ricochet matches?  Or would those just be put off for the less common continuation series?

So in a 5 game series, you would need 3 objective gametypes right? So there is the potential for a series with 2 ricochet matches?  Or would those just be put off for the less common continuation series?

Each BO5 will have a CTF, an EXT, a RIC, and Two TS's.

Anyone who has any questions can bring them up now. Numerous hours of discussion were poured into selecting gametypes. Believe me.

Edit: I just saw that Vertigo TS is in the rotation as well. Well that confirms it, either Ghost was never qualified to do this job from the beginning or he really has very little say in all this and the higher ups at 343i are "influencing" all his decisions.

Coming from someone who says 'Ricochet is Random' without any argument or serious attempt to explain why... Makes me giggle.

https://twitter.com/NTN_RyaNoob/status/385099536516911104

Sorry If I overstep at all, but I haven't been upset at anything in a long time.(I don't get upset easily)

The part when you told Ghost "Fuck You" on twitter wasn't nice at all. Not an excuse to tell someone that.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd love to hear more of the reactions from the people who are planning on competing at AGL 10.

All 12 of them?