CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

It would actually be:

Selective - Random - A - B - A - B - Etc.

For example, the initial spawn could be an OS, then the second one would be random between the two (Railgun OR OS) and after that, they will alternate.

That is only if you put an initial drop there that never respawns. That is a whole separate object completely unrelated to the random drop ordiances. 

The way we do rockets in v4 is by making 1 initial drop pod, Then two random drop pods with the same weapon. 

That is only if you put an initial drop there that never respawns. That is a whole separate object completely unrelated to the random drop ordiances. 

The way we do rockets in v4 is by making 1 initial drop pod, Then two random drop pods with the same weapon. 

I know, I've forged my own maps using static timers.

What I'm saying is, the initial is a selective (you have to choose railgun or OS), whereas the first 'static' random drop is going to be random (OS or Railgun)

Here is my opinion for v5 settings. I have 11 different settings and personally I think these are the best maps/settings for v5.

Team Slayer: Haven, Abandon, Pitfall, Onyx,

CTF: Pitfall, Skyline, Simplex

EXT: Station 9, Haven,

Ricochet: Pitfall, Skyline

Here is my opinion for v5 settings. I have 11 different settings and personally I think these are the best maps/settings for v5.

Team Slayer: Haven, Abandon, Pitfall, Onyx,

CTF: Pitfall, Skyline, Simplex

EXT: Station 9, Haven,

Ricochet: Pitfall, Skyline

One of your CTF's needs to be a Slayer

I really wish they'd come up up with a fix for the KotH glitch. It's WAY better than this terribad ricochet thing.

Yeah, it makes me sad hill is broken. I would love Haven Hill over Haven extraction...

Why though :(

It's 6 obj: 2 ext, 2 flag, 2 rico. and 5 slayer. That's the format Ghost is using, but I wish it was 4 slayer, 7 obj. Or even 3, 8. I don't like slayer

I really wish they'd come up up with a fix for the KotH glitch. It's WAY better than this terribad ricochet thing.

Again, for the millionth time, why is ricochet bad?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why is it good though? because it's different?

I don't care if it makes it into the settings, but I see it as a gametype that stems from Assault, then gets worse from there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's 6 obj: 2 ext, 2 flag, 2 rico. and 5 slayer. That's the format Ghost is using, but I wish it was 4 slayer, 7 obj. Or even 3, 8. I don't like slayer

Yea I know its a format, but WHY do we have to use it? MLG did it for time constraints, team slayer is the least skillfull gametype yet it gets 5 slots. It should be a 3/8 split imo, used for tiebreakers.

4 flag 3 ext 4 slayer please :frankerz:

3 Flag, 1 Hill, 1 Ball, 2 EXT, 1 Ricochet, 3 slayer :(

I'd ask why you believe Ricochet is a competitive gametype, but I honestly don't feel like coming back and reading your 4 paragraphs of bullshit trying to convince people a casual gametype is a competitive gametype.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I know, I've forged my own maps using static timers.

What I'm saying is, the initial is a selective (you have to choose railgun or OS), whereas the first 'static' random drop is going to be random (OS or Railgun)

But you don't have to have an initial at all. So the correct thing to say is "the initial can be selective"

That would have avoided any confusion.

So what are the confirmed gametypes so far? I know the ones in the original post are for sure, but are there any more?

Sometimes a team has trouble coming to a decision. You need a final say.

No one is more qualified than Ghost for that position. He isn't perfect (no one is), but he has his hand in the forum community as well as the pro community, more than anyone else. The guy puts in more work than anyone on the subject, and he has a buttload of real competitive experience again probably a lot more than 99% of you here.

And at the end of the day the settings are made for tournament, and tournaments are for pros (well they aren't for fucking casuals are they?) so of course pros will get a big say. The best forum-goers can do is be productive instead of bitch and whine that 'it isn't fair'. Create short, sharp, reason-filled posts which focus on a particular issue. A good template to follow is identifying the issue, briefly describing why it is a serious issue that needs to be addressed (if its not, don't post), and offer at least one possible solution and again briefly describe why it is a better solution (if its not, don't post). Did I mention keep it short?; ain't nobody got time to read walls of text, everyone got time to read a few lines though.

But I love making walls of text. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I still think Station 9 would be the best Ricochet map.

Sounds really bad. Here is the strategy. Move w/ team, throw ball down each hall and then run towards it. Bland, boring gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sounds really bad. Here is the strategy. Move w/ team, throw ball down each hall and then run towards it. Bland, boring gameplay.

Well I completely disagree and think that depending on the settings (remove the icon above the carrier but change his armor color) it could be interesting. Should be tested at least.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well I completely disagree and think that depending on the settings (remove the icon above the carrier but change his armor color) it could be interesting. Should be tested at least.

Can't change armor color. But is it really that difficult to see someone holding a ball?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is it good though? because it's different?

I don't care if it makes it into the settings, but I see it as a gametype that stems from Assault, then gets worse from there.

And that's where we differ. I don't see it as a spin off of Assault, I see it as a football spin off. And, with the NFL being crazy huge in America, it makes sense to try to appeal to some of that audience. If you want me to, I'll post an essay later on why I think ricochet can become the most competitive game type we have in H4, but if not, I won't bother. But yes, being different is one thing, but only a small portion of it.

Yea I know its a format, but WHY do we have to use it? MLG did it for time constraints, team slayer is the least skillfull gametype yet it gets 5 slots. It should be a 3/8 split imo, used for tiebreakers.

I completely agree. 3/8 with the slayers at 3, 5, and 11. We have enough obj games with ctf, rico, ext, king that we can have a variety of game types in between the slayers

I'd ask why you believe Ricochet is a competitive gametype, but I honestly don't feel like coming back and reading your 4 paragraphs of bullshit trying to convince people a casual gametype is a competitive gametype.

I'd write another 4 paragraphs on the topic, but seeing as how your response last time was "How about we have this discussion when v6 is being talked about?", I'm not even going bother. I already know that you can't provide any counter arguments to my points and until you do, I win.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And that's where we differ. I don't see it as a spin off of Assault, I see it as a football spin off. And, with the NFL being crazy huge in America, it makes sense to try to appeal to some of that audience. If you want me to, I'll post an essay later on why I think ricochet can become the most competitive game type we have in H4, but if not, I won't bother. But yes, being different is one thing, but only a small portion of it.

I completely agree. 3/8 with the slayers at 3, 5, and 11. We have enough obj games with ctf, rico, ext, king that we can have a variety of game types in between the slayers

I'd write another 4 paragraphs on the topic, but seeing as how your response last time was "How about we have this discussion when v6 is being talked about?", I'm not even going bother. I already know that you can't provide any counter arguments to my points and until you do, I win.

Slayers take the least team work and you don't have to be the better team to win. So ideally we go 8-3 format for tiebreakers. Maybe if this game took more individual skill Slayers could be more relevant but I simply feel they aren't.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't mind reading an essay on Ricochet.

That's a unique point, but I personally think it would be a pointless endeavor.

Slayers take the least team work and you don't have to be the better team to win. So ideally we go 8-3 format for tiebreakers. Maybe if this game took more individual skill Slayers could be more relevant but I simply feel they aren't.

What? I feel like you said the same exact thing I did, just reversed