Onyx TS

Vertigo TS

Skyline CTF

Simplex CTF

Haven EXT

Abandon EXT

Skyline Ricochet

Pitfall Ricochet

If I had to choose between Vertigo and Station 9 for EXT over Abandon, I'd go with Vertigo. Though I doubt Station 9 is going anywhere.

First of all thank you so much philosopher for posting this! If you could keep those updates coming regularly, discussing the next v is going to be much easier and transparent for the rest of us!

I'm really happy with most of the things considered (ricochet leggo). However one thing really bugs me and that's s9 ext. If vertigo turns out to play not good enough to replace it, I'd much rather see the ark getting the spot. Not only does the map look 100x times better, it's also more competitive and fun to play.If you could provide any info on the ark (maybe in your next update) it'd highly appreciated.

First of all thank you so much philosopher for posting this! If you could keep those updates coming regularly, discussing the next v is going to be much easier and transparent for the rest of us!

I'm really happy with most of the things considered (ricochet leggo). However one thing really bugs me and that's s9 ext. If vertigo turns out to play not good enough to replace it, I'd much rather see the ark getting the spot. Not only does the map look 100x times better, it's also more competitive and fun to play.If you could provide any info on the ark (maybe in your next update) it'd highly appreciated.

Abandon EXT needs some love too :'(

If you wouldn't mind linking me to the file share of "The ark" in a finished state for testing, i will gladly pass it along and suggest playing it next time im involved in some testing. (Just to try and make sure it gets some testing) 

And thank you, I'm going to try and keep it up to date as possible, As much as ghost wants to talk to me anyways. Some people gotta remember though that sometimes there just isn't anything to update ya'll with. But i'll try and give as much info as i can once i get it.

If you wouldn't mind linking me to the file share of "The ark" in a finished state for testing, i will gladly pass it along and suggest playing it next time im involved in some testing. (Just to try and make sure it gets some testing) 

The Ark

I would recommend messaging Fated to make sure you get the correct version though, as there's a possibility that the one I linked isn't the correct version. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Abandon EXT needs some love too :'(

Haven't played it since it was in v2 or 3, forgot which had it.

Is it still 2 plot? Have the extract locations changed?

Also where can I download it?

Based on that update I would like to see Simplex flag over Onyx flag, and Orion as the last slayer.

Replace railguns with conc rifles or single clip shotgun on Haven.

Move Haven ext. locations to top mid, bottom open, and bottom blue and red streets.

Don't really care what the other extraction is because I havn't played Vertigo before.

Only one ricochet, on Skyline, and another flag map in Pit.

thanks for clearing that up

And now because of the DLC, Orion has essentially been ruled out because we have a substantial amount of quality dev maps.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Haven't played it since it was in v2 or 3, forgot which had it.

Is it still 2 plot? Have the extract locations changed?

Also where can I download it?

Ghost hasn't made a 1-Plot version yet, and it isn't being consider for v5 at the moment, so we'll see if it comes back in future updates

90 second OS: Is getting tested... Is it likely to be used? if i had to guess as of right now, No it wont. Well 90s OS does increase game flow a little bit, It also completely messes with Abandoned TS because you now don't have to choose between getting Os, Sniper or Rail gun, ruining the asym gameplay of the map. It became far to easy to gain control of one item then because of the time drop difference, move and get control of the rest of the items. I personally feel, And ghost as well, feels the map plays better when you have everything spawn every 2 minutes and depending on your teams situation, choose which item to get and make your play for position. Pitfall slayer was mostly agreed to already be fast enough without 90s timer and no effect to the game will come of it. Onyx slayer or Simplex slayer are the only likely candidates for 90s OS but i feel like ghost doesn't want to have one map have a 90s OS well another has 2 minute.

You could argue that the asym quality gameplay could be rotating as a unit trying to control the power weapons/ups. Chill out has rockets and camo every 2 mins, and OS every min and that map plays great.

How is Pitfall TS a fast gametype? We all know how it is going to end up playing at the top level of play, please remember that you guys playing random 8s isn't the same as top teams playing for money.

Maybe we as a community can raise money (albeit not a lot) for top teams to compete in scrims, streaming and testing v5 settings and the teams will play seriously since they are playing for money and then we can see how these settings truly play out.

EDIT: And please kill station 9

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm working on a new asym map for extraction. I know that Station 9 isn't your favourite map...

Tell me if you are interested.

Vertigo or Abandon needs to take over station 9, more disk maps and more complexity from both being asyms

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'd really like to see either Vertigo or this Ark map take the stop of Station 9. I guess "The ark" is getting a real good look for V5, ghost just forgot to mention it to me. Vertigo or The Ark will get my vote for sure. It is ghosts show though, i can push them all day but in the end it's his choice. (well mostly...)

Really happy about all these map changes but is there a specific reason that Pifall CTF wasn't chosen? I don't think it plays that bad in this game personally

Really happy about all these map changes but is there a specific reason that Pifall CTF wasn't chosen? I don't think it plays that bad in this game personally

I believe Ghost doesn't want a map to have more than 2 gametypes and Pitfall will most likely be used for Slayer and Ricochet. Idk why Slayer and not CTF but yeah. lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mainly because he's trying to stick to only 2 gametypes per map, and there are better ctf maps then pitfall. Hes also trying to support the communities opinion as best he can and ricochet has had a lot of support but lacks viable maps to play on.

Pit in H4 is the same scale (to my knowledge) as H3 Pit. When you add Sprint in, it makes the "all 4 down, pull flag" scenario, completely useless. You can Sprint from Court spawn to their Training in a matter of 5-7 seconds. If CTF was played, I doubt we'd be seeing scores surpass 2 caps when two fairly equally skilled teams play each other. 

What is the scoring system for v5 ricochet?

Or better yet, what's been tested?

What i tested yesterday was default i believe. 20 for throwing, 50 for walking it in, 250 to win. There didn't seem to be to much wrong with that on skyline, the game lasted quite a while before a winner got 250. Pit though was over really fast, It was almost always a guaranteed walk in if you got a couple dead and had ball.

I'm not certain what exactly ghost has in mind but i would assume high scores to win will be tested. As well as higher/low point totals for throwing and walking in points. Next time we speak i'll be sure to find out for sure.

What i tested yesterday was default i believe. 20 for throwing, 50 for walking it in, 250 to win. There didn't seem to be to much wrong with that on skyline, the game lasted quite a while before a winner got 250. Pit though was over really fast, It was almost always a guaranteed walk in if you got a couple dead and had ball.

I'm not certain what exactly ghost has in mind but i would assume high scores to win will be tested. As well as higher/low point totals for throwing and walking in points. Next time we speak i'll be sure to find out for sure.

I would definitely recommend falling more towards low scores with hard goal than high scores with easier goals. Having easier goals can make it feel really random and takes a good deal out of strategy out of the game because you will just try to rush every possession. It'd sort of be like playing CTF to 10 caps with 15 second spawns and a fast moving flag carrier. Obviously, it would still take skill, but each point should feel like a meaningful goal was worked for and accomplished. It shouldn't become something that is expected for each possession. Just my opinion as some food for thought.

Also, would I be correct in assuming you guys are using 10 second respawns for Ricochet? If it feels too easy to score, lowering it to 5 would make it a lot more feasible for a team to stop a touchdown after going all down. Trading kills is usually very favorable for the team on the defensive in objective gametypes like Flag or Assault, but for Ricochet I can imagine trading is good because as long as you have one man standing after the dust clears, he can grab the ball and walk it in. Lowering the respawn time would make trading less favorable because the team on the defensive could trade and get back into the action quickly while the guy they traded with would respawn back in their base away from the objective.