CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

I was just watching a Halo 3 montage and thought about something really bad...

Pit CTF without flag juggling...

Thoughts?

Are we going to test Ricochet and see if its a good gametype for v5.... Right?  :(

It won't be in for v5 since it's going to release the same day (August 20th) as the Champions Bundle, which has Richochet. Hopefully it'll be competetive enough for v6 though! :)

Thoughts?

Capping flags will be a lot easier, which is a bad thing.

Thoughts?

I wouldnt dwell on it too much. Just know it might be impossible to do the plat jump and that there is absolutely no way to sneak the flag.

:(

flag caps depend on whether or not you can make the usual jumps.

does anyone know if he has a poll or plans to remove sprint in V5?

I wouldnt dwell on it too much. Just know it might be mm impossible to do the plat jump and that there is absolutely no way to sneak the flag.

:(

I know, those were the two things I was thinking about.

It really, really sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, but without flag juggling, you can't do plat to green box and you can't sneak through sword, os, etc

Not happening

Yeah, but without flag juggling, you can't do plat to green box and you can't sneak through sword, os, etc

They never scale remakes of maps too well. I can't comment on anniversary edition though.

The thing is how do we know for a fact? Has it been confirmed that you can't make those jumps with the flag? I too assume you most likely won't but I haven't seen footage or anything.

Not happening

Has he provided some solid reasoning as to why not? Something other than alienating the community further which doesn't hold any weight in my eyes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They never scale remakes of maps too well. I can't comment on anniversary edition though.

The thing is how do we know for a fact? Has it been confirmed that you can't make those jumps with the flag? I too assume you most likely won't but I haven't seen footage or anything.

I'm just assuming... Especially cause the map in general will be fit for sprint, you may need sprint to make the jump.

My list would consist of:

Onyx TS

Pitfall TS

Onyx CTF

Station 9 EXT

I would love Vertigo or Abandon EXT to work out but I don't see it doing so. Vertigo from, what I saw, seems a bit to big for 4v4. Also Onyx CTF seems to play better than Simplex CTF from my experience with the two. 

Has he provided some solid reasoning as to why not? Something other than alienating the community further which doesn't hold any weight in my eyes.

1. In order for no sprint to be balanced, the speed would have to be at 125%, but there's no option for that in the base spartan settings and can only be done by modding.

2. The maps for Halo 4 play well with sprint 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. In order for no sprint to be balanced, the speed would have to be at 125%, but there's no option for that in the base spartan settings and can only be done by modding.

And the halo reach maps didn't play well with sprint and then better without?

Not good enough.

Also may I ask whats wrong with 120 speed?

• Upvote (+1) 1

And the halo reach maps didn't play well with sprint and then better without?

Not good enough.

Also may I ask whats wrong with 120 speed?

The thing is sprint isn't broken in Halo 4 like it was in Reach. 120 speed isn't fast enough and 130 is too fast. 125 is the perfect median.

343 could easily do 125% speed. Arent the 180 sec timers also 'modded'..?

• Upvote (+1) 4

The thing is sprint isn't broken in Halo 4 like it was in Reach. 120 speed isn't fast enough and 130 is too fast. 125 is the perfect median.

But I think the community would settle for 120 if it means we can remove Sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Doesn't change the fact that maps like onyx skyline simplex and the pit will play better but whatever I suppose.

I personally don't care if sprint is removed or not. The only thing that I feel is a must for Halo 4 now is descope and that ain't happening.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gametypes ghost has confirmed:

• Abandon TS
  • Adrift CTF
  • Haven TS
  • Haven Extraction
  • Pitfall CTF
  • Skyline CTF
  • Skyline TS

What to add in

Slayers:

Orion

Onyx (If pit does not work)

Ctf:

Onyx

Ext:

Station 9 

I feel that Simplex has run its course and although it is a good map Onyx just seems like a better fit if we are trying to make the best gametypes possible.

Station 9, needs a massive Upgrade, way to may Pre-Fabricated Objects are used, making the scale of the Map a bit large, if it was scaled better it would play better.

Simplex needs a decent Upgrade, its never reached its full potential and does not provide much for the players to work with overall.

Station 9 in my honest opinion, relies way to much on Prefab Object's, to really be improved it would have to be completely reforged, from the ground up. Though I will do some tweaking to Simplex to add some of my own desires for that Map into it if it must stay.. but Onyx is better for the gametypes to be honest. Right now, I do not want to see Simplex remain in rotation unless it is updated, it needs more structure, height variation, and routes, to provide more draw, strategy, to the Map as well as diversity.

I just really feel that no Map should be designed like a simple Donut honestly, every map needs alot of flavor and some strategic routes in its design as well as proper scaling.

Station 9, needs a massive Upgrade, way to may Pre-Fabricated Objects are used, making the scale of the Map a bit large, if it was scaled better it would play better.

Simplex needs a decent Upgrade, its never reached its full potential and does not provide much for the players to work with overall.

Station 9 in my honest opinion, relies way to much on Prefab Object's, to really be improved it would have to be completely reforged, from the ground up. Though I will do some tweaking to Simplex to add some of my own desires for that Map into it if it must stay.. but Onyx is better for the gametypes to be honest. Right now, I do not want to see Simplex remain in rotation unless it is updated, it needs more structure, height variation, and routes, to provide more draw, strategy, to the Map as well as diversity.

I just really feel that no Map should be designed like a simple Donut honestly, every map needs alot of flavor and some strategic routes in its design as well as proper scaling.

Theres a smaller version out of station 9 out. It played somewhat better.