CyReN

V5 Discussion Thread

So these settings are pretty much useless now right?

#sorryGhost

Might be played at AGL 10 assuming they still throw H4. And any other locals in the future. 

Might be played at AGL 10 assuming they still throw H4. And any other locals in the future. 

Locals? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's a good one.

Locals? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's a good one.

Probably not many but you never know. Gandhi's casting a small 2v2 one on the same weekend as AGL 10. 

I know this may sound crazy, but Ricochet can be a very fun and intense gametype to play

Your saying this like i haven't played it already. it sucks

I wouldnt be surprised if 343 didnt even give them the map codes atfer the movement to Halo 3, this is a subject AGL brought up on the live show and it is a legit concern imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your saying this like i haven't played it already. it sucks

I've played it. Like I said I find it fun and very competitive when playing a good team.

This game can't even beat out a game from 5 years ago. Sad. v5 settings will likely be played once or twice seriously and then canned

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you care about v5 settings (and everyone reading this thread cares to some extent), then you probably care about sprint because it ruins the game to a large degree. No sprint H4 with DMR starts is to our current settings as Reach's NBNS v7 settings are to default Reach. I also find it hard to believe 343 wouldn't create an official gametype with sprint (maybe even with descope) considering how badly the general Halo community is doing. It'd take 5 seconds to whip up some gametypes and watch the Throwdown playlist population triple.

You mean go from 1% to 3% of the online population?

343 knows what we want from Halo at this point. We've spent a year telling them.

By jumping back to Halo 3 we're sending a stronger message to the developers than any forum posts could- that we simply will not play their game if they don't make Halo what we want it to be. Jumping back to Halo 3 also doesn't mean we're cutting ties with 343- it just means we don't like their game.

Ghost put in countless sometimes thankless hours into this game, and because of it we got about a year of competition out of Halo 4. That is honestly an outstanding achievement considering how awful the game is. Unfortunately, its pretty clear that everything we can do to make the game more competitive has been done. NS isn't coming. Descope, flag juggling, no glitched KOTH, etc isn't coming. I think the entire community has more or less agreed that its time to jump ship and play a Halo game we'll enjoy. It's not a reflection of dissatisfaction with v5, its a combination of dealing with over a year of a terrible game, no more big tournaments happening, and Halo 3 becoming free being a real option to push an old Halo game ahead of H4 in population.

If that doesn't send a message to 343 and Microsoft that the new direction of Halo is a failure than nothing will. And sending that message and hopefully securing the future direction of the next Halo games is FAR more important than continuing to attempt to support a game that's on its last breaths.

Firstly I'm Not a MLG/AGL style of player I play for the most part Normal MM sometimes I really enjoy it sometimes I want to pull a BikeLock and Ninja Rage kick my H4 disk.

But this post works for all types of Halo players just watching so many pros/MM kids Steam H3 and really really enjoying themselves again.

343 has to see what's going on the big question is what will they do with the info Given to them.

P.S. I'm still playing H4 98.22% of the time

You mean go from 1% to 3% of the online population?

I made that post before everyone switched to H3.

This game can't even beat out a game from 5 years ago. Sad. v5 settings will likely be played once or twice seriously and then canned

TEAM THROWDOWN
throwdown.png
  • 19 CURRENTLY PLAYING

That is so sad....

57440c662b904ca9e5df9ac5c81a1302.png

while on H3 MLG theres over 300 (im watching Naded Stream)

p.s. THE Stream pop out/Stream widow looks really clean on here.

My h3 counter this afternoon broke 1200...

Can't wait to see the month top xbl games. Halo 4 isn't long away from falling off the list.

At this point it doesn't even bother me that Team Throwdown has that few people playing. The game is horrible compared to H3 when looking at the funfactor and pretty much everything else but the netcode. 343 deserves that shit imo, ghost doesnt though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 deserves that shit imo

Especially when they blame Legacy Tech limitations for being unable to update playlists for Halo 3.

It's very annoying, considering they weren't prevented from adding a launch message telling us to check out Halo 4 like we've never played it. Let's also not forget to mention they provided the game-changing TU to Reach and changed playlists on that game; that was when they were a much smaller company.

343 deserves that shit indeed. The entire franchise is theirs now, but focus on their own special garbage, where removing sprint or flinch is too tall of an order.

At least they get it though. <_<

• Upvote (+1) 2

I made that post before everyone switched to H3.

Perhaps... but if you look at the numbers objectively you see that TTD never really challenged Infinity Slayer.

If Halo 4 and Halo 3 were F2P at the same time, do you guys think the results would have been much different?

Halo 3 is a horribly coded game. But unlike Halo 4 it stays true to the core of Halo so people enjoyed it. That paired with it being the flagship title for competitive Halo certainly helped. In comparison, Halo 4 drove pros to different games and to quit gaming all together. This game has to be the biggest failure in modern gaming by FAR. The Throwdown playlist isn't bad. But no matter how much lipstick you put on a pig, it's still a god foresaken ugly pig

Imo it was better when 343 was a smaller group of people, it seemed like back then they cared more about Halo's game play, but now I don't know. They even claim to be all about the story and Canon of the Halo Universe yet they can not understand how the weapons or armor actually functions in Canon.. its really sad at this point.

The only thing I actually like about 343 is some of their art style, they do Forerunner technology, aesthetics, textures, really well for the most part.

Quality>Quantity, to many people with their hands all up in the pot, and to many are inexperienced when it comes to knowing what actually works in Halo.