Sign in to follow this  
Hitman

The most Clutch Player in Halo history?

Who is the must Clutch player in Halo history?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these players...

• Walshy
    • Pistola
    • Roy
    • Ogre 2
    • Ogre 1
    • T2
    • Snipedown
    • Shockwav3
    • Zyos
    • Legit
    • Formal
    • Neighbor
    • Ace
    • Elamite Warrior
    • Other (Explain)

There has been alot of "clutch" moments in Halo history from the 49-49 Warlock Walshy BxR double on Karma to win, The 2006 nationals upset of FB by Carbon, to the Neighbor clutch Oddball play to win 206-205 on Triggers Down vs Dynasty. These are the players who showed up for their team when they needed them the most, and excelled when the stakes were highest like MLG nationals, 1v1 tournaments, and huge events like Halo 4 GC.

Alot of people discuss who the best Halo player is, but the most clutch player is rarely discussed despite being very important. Feel free to post what you think the most clutch moment in Halo history is as well  ;)

/discuss

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd define clutch by winning, and Walshy certainly has a lot of that. Clutch doesn't really apply to Halo like it would to real sports. Pulling off huge snipes at the end of the game is probably the closest thing I can think of that would correlate. 

I'd define clutch by winning, and Walshy certainly has a lot of that. Clutch doesn't really apply to Halo like it would to real sports. Pulling off huge snipes at the end of the game is probably the closest thing I can think of that would correlate. 

Well then Ogre 2 is the most clutch player, because he won the most. Not necessarily what I am asking though, although winning certainly does correlate with playing well under pressure just look at Michael Jordan and his perfect NBA finals record. 

I can say Zyos is more clutch than players who have more wins then him such as Sayain, because although he did not always have the best teams he was a fantastic 1v1 player and showed up when it mattered and never backed down to top tier players like the Ogres.

Instead of talking about who's the most clutch player since Walshy is called Captain Clutch for a reason why not talk about the most clutch moments?

Well then either your definition of clutch or winning is incorrect. Clutch plays happen all the time, you don't need a sniper for that. For example you're 3 down, back open on Haven and you manage to juke two of them and stop the extraction therefore buying the needed time for your team mates. Clutch plays happen less in Halo 4 due to the skill gap but... Clutch snipes are just the beginning. Dem jukezz OP

Instead of talking about who's the most clutch player since Walshy is called Captain Clutch for a reason why not talk about the most clutch moments?

I said in the OP feel free to post what you think the most clutch moments are  ;)

Well then Ogre 2 is the most clutch player, because he won the most. Not necessarily what I am asking though, although winning certainly does correlate with playing well under pressure just look at Michael Jordan and his perfect NBA finals record. 

I can say Zyos is more clutch than players who have more wins then him such as Sayain, because although he did not always have the best teams he was a fantastic 1v1 player and showed up when it mattered and never backed down to top tier players like the Ogres.

It's just hard to find examples of what you are saying. I get it, its just hard to prove.

It's just hard to find examples of what you are saying. I get it, its just hard to prove.

That is what makes it an interesting discussion XD  Kind of surprised Walshy is so far ahead in the poll, his H2 heroics were amazing though.

Here are some of the most memorable clutch moments for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FsUl7Sx4hU

-T2, taking over the game and getting the (lucky) spawn at the end to finish the series vs 5K. 

-Captain Clutch living up to his nickname and playing flawlessly in the last minute of this tight slayer game including dat double kill BxR   :walshy:

-The whole 06' finals between Carbon and FB, once of the most intense and most memorable Halo series ever. 

-Gandhi's sniping against Final Boss on Sanctuary CTF, sometime in '06 - Some nice snipes allowed Carbon to score twice and give Final Boss their first ever series loss in H2. This game transformed Carbon's season and is when the rivalry between the teams officially started.

The 2008 nationals win of Str8 Rippin, T2 and Str8 finally got their first national win and players like Snipedown came out of nowhere that season and shocked the Halo world.

The 10 kill come-back win of Ambush over defending champions Str8 Rippin. Pistola had a crazy snipe at the end of this game on T2 off spawn.

And who could forget the crazy Game 5 Countdown TS between Instinct and Classic where Ogre 2 clutched the last kill to win 50-49. Love the commentary in this one and the crowd exploding and Pistola jumping over his chair in celebration was epic.

Shit like this is why I love competitive Halo <3  Watching these games makes me miss the traditional kill scores and multi-kill medals its so much more exciting for spectators than "points".

• Upvote (+1) 7