RyanW

bs angel Wants Your Feedback

I think they're good at doing regular updates, but they're prioritizing the wrong things. Also would like to see better handling of DLC. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are they asking for feedback on Halo 4? I don't know how to feel about 343 as a company, Halo 4 certainly didn't turn out well, but they made some pretty good business decisions (marketing before launch) and sales weren't too bad. The only improvement I can suggest is to make a better Halo game and directly communicate with the community. However, I have no idea how their studio is set up/operates, so I don't know where improvements actually need to be made. 

They did a pretty good job with post-launch support, but most of the stuff added should have definitely been in at launch. Those decisions weren't really good, as they were basically mandatory damage-control. Regardless, Halo 4 died, so I doubt we'll see much more of 343 until they talk about Halo 5.

Sent about six tweets off with my pros and cons. I feel there communication has gotten a lot better. When they had the bulletin earlier this month (September 11th) with the information on what their plans for the consolidation was, I was amazed. I've wanted clear communication like that for a long time. Including a schedule for rotating playlists. 

Also, try not to be an ass if you plan on replying to the tweet. Make sure your feedback is constructive, if you think something sucks, let her know but don't do it in a shitty way. 

For example:

BAD - The bulletins suck

GOOD - The bulletins recently are lacking in interesting content/news. I feel like you could do X to improve this.

Since I know everyone will cover gameplay I sent this:

GOOD: Really nice people/Listening to the community more

BAD: Focusing on "non important" things through the site and social media.

343 has been doing a good job at post-launch support. But they're also doing it at a point in time where the game already has a low population, a new generation of consoles is starting, and a bunch of new games are upon us.

Just an observation:

Her tweet seems to be more geared towards how they conduct themselves as a developer, and not the flaws with the game. Just something to consider, and I could be wrong.

Her tweet seems to be more geared towards how they conduct themselves as a developer, and not the flaws with the game. Just something to consider, and I could be wrong.

Agreed... don't go asking for radical things.

Agreed... don't go asking for radical things.

No harm in letting them know. It's not like she specifically tweeted, "what can we do better as a company?"

Good: You listened.

Bad: It was too late.

My biggest problem is not wanting to have a visible 1-50 ranking system. If Reach had one then I would have played it a whole lot more. Having a good ranking system makes a game worth playing, regardless of the gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 3

GOOD- They have incredible community support, communication, and continual updates for a AAA game studio.

BAD- Focuses on creating new spontaneous content rather than fixing and improving older content

More than half of the updates to H4 should have been in the game since launch.

Stop giving them a pass.

But with the help from our feedback they put them in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But with the help from our feedback they put them in the game.

It wasn't feedback, it was the whole community complaining.

• Downvote (-1) 3

It wasn't feedback, it was the whole community complaining.

Complaining or feedback... Whatever you want to call it. Without it, the game wouldn't have improved.

• Upvote (+1) 6

We don't care how you conduct yourself as a developer, just make a good HALO game.

When that is done, we won't even care if you insult us or have zero morals as a  professional company or even as human beings.We will be too busy playing a GOOD halo game to even care about your developer conduct.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

GOOD: Weekly/Bi-Weekly updates are the best. Constant updates, to me, keep games fresh, and have the ability to fix issues quickly that might of slipped when releasing a MM update.

BAD: When discussing bigger things, such as the Champions Bundle, or the Crimson DLC fiasco, you guys quiet up too much, for too long.

With the CB, you DID mention the new armor would not be available in Spartan Op's, but in a single post, in the forums. NO ONE is going to find it, unless they were on at that time. Also, when Crimson released, No one knew that there was a "14 day trial" if you played the first 20 days until the next Bulletin. You need to tell your population with that pop-up screen in the game whats going on, days prior to something being released.

Just an observation:

I dont know the full context of the tweet, if anything comes before it or after it. But alone it sounds like we can discuss any topic related to 343i including Halo 4 and their managing and publishing the title. At least, I would not be concerned about what topic I chose to discuss. anyone have any additional tweets to clarify the context?

I have a question,

If by any chance the majority (aka: 85%) of the Halo spanish community agrees what has to be done from our perspective and give feedback, constructive criticism and the whys for a better industry and game and put it all in a video... it's ok?

If it is, our work would be kinda useful I guess. If not, screw it. Yolo.

BSAngels response to pretty much every text.

"Can you give specifics on the latter?"

The good thing though is seeing the feedback being given - She will not be able to deny how upset the entire Halo community is. 

• Upvote (+1) 1