Krypton

ugcuserfile-6c87b95b-dde8-42e0-a179-ed25

By
DG Intensity

Brief Description: Krypton, a small asymmetrical map, is intended for team sizes of at most 2. It's design premise is based around the idea that, the more powerful a position is, the more risk you run by staying there. The central hub of the map is composed of an elevated walkway/platform area that provides long advantageous sight lines into all three of the surrounding bases. Although these sight lines are crucial for maintaining successful control of the map, two small death pits loom beneath the area making map knowledge and skillful player movement necessary for navigating through the area quickly. A multitude of jumps and other indirect routes lead up to the area along with two lifts. All three areas contain a small rock structure signifying a hill and/or an extraction site. Aside from he extraction site, all three rooms are intertwined together with multiple hard routes, some quick and others are bit more tedious providing a nice chunk of risk versus reward.
In terms of power weapons, an overshield spawns on top of the main control hub and yes that is one the most powerful spots on the map but it is easily accessible from all regions of the map. Also, a sniper spawns in the tunnel that connects the lift room to red (If this causes a bit of confusion, look at the screenshots or download the map, you'll see where I mean).
So, in a nutshell, Krypton is a condensed multileveled, multipurpose platform for 2-4 players across a variety of gametypes. This will be my last halo 4 map as I have recently become pressed for time in the "real life." I honestly do hope you all enjoy it and please, don't hesitate to leave your comments, concerns and suggestions in the thread. Also one last thing before I go on explaining the maps assets; I'd like to thank everyone who has downloaded the forgeries from my consistently updating fileshare, both good and bad maps. Although forging has been one of my favourite pastimes for my last few years, for now it will have to take a back seat. Once again, thanks :)

Supported Gametypes:

- King of the hill
- Extraction
- Oddball
- All slayer variants

Weapons on map:

- Battle Rifle x3
- DMR x2
- Frag Grenade x4
- Lightrifle x1
- Sniper Rifle x1 (116s Ordinance)
- Overshield x1 (116s Ordinance)

Screenshots:

ugcuserfile-18aba001-8bda-4083-9f14-a729

ugcuserfile-2f1324c4-8f36-48a0-b230-586f

ugcuserfile-6cd0ce98-bc79-42f4-8c8a-bac6

ugcuserfile-048ba13b-1fa9-43bc-8775-3bf8

ugcuserfile-c08ed1a2-0a12-482a-a3f5-33bb

ugcuserfile-56ba48d8-3278-492f-9dd2-e547

ugcuserfile-497fc599-d662-4736-98b3-c63a

This map is very early on into it's life so any comments and suggestion and problems will be taken seriously as it is highly susceptible to change.

DL: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/337f8d08-7698-4393-aca5-a1a31c732c46
  • Upvote (+1) 4

;The gameplay was ok on it. HAve you made any changes since the last time on it?

Yeah, I've added more ramps so players don't have to reply so much on jumping, I've edited the red lift to push you forwards onto the walkway with a gravity volume, made blues jump up to the OS bigger as well as some other things.

Quite an attractive looking map. I joined your lobby the other day when this was on and climbed that tall ramp just as you were ending the game, so I'll have to play a real match on it soon to get a better sense of how it works. 

If you wouldn't mind, it would help if you posted an overview of the map. 

Quite an attractive looking map. I joined your lobby the other day when this was on and climbed that tall ramp just as you were ending the game, so I'll have to play a real match on it soon to get a better sense of how it works. 

If you wouldn't mind, it would help if you posted an overview of the map. 

The map is built quite close to the ravine barrier but I'll do my best to get as close to an overview as possible

What pieces did you use to make the forerunner door?

Assuming that you're talking about the door in the third picture, it's composed of two artefact bases, a single base 1 from under the ravine section as well as some extraction crates. 

Am I blind, or does the OP not have a download link yet? I'd like to run around on it if it's ready. 

Walked around it for a few minutes. 

Layout-wise, I really have no feedback to give you because it looks like a well built and polished map. Probably the best asym I've seen in a while.

Only thing I guess I don't like are your Dominion lights on top of the Forerunner door. Forerunner doors need Forerunner lights! 

At first, your spawns concerned me a bit, seeing as how Blue Team has height over Red Team's spawns initially. However, because you're only playing those 4 gametypes, this wouldn't be a problem with dynamic spawning. 

Looking forward to playing on it. <3 Deathpits. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Updated OP with new DL. Changes include:

- Added aesthetics to death pits as well as other minor aesthetic improvements throughout the map

- Improved consistency and function of the lifts

- Minor adjustments to spawning