Sign in to follow this  
Stork

What's your favorite event memory?

More recent memories-

Finals of CBus 2012

And Ninja getting destroyed by Ola at an AGL event.

Pshhh!

We won the series anyways. :ghost:

-Ghost

Your signature is the best thing I have ever seen.  :kappa:

I played in a local Ohio Halo 2 tournament and placed second being Elamite and StrongSide's team.  This was before they were as known as they are now.  It was the most proud second place finish I could ever have.  They absolutely destroyed us and the gap between them and the rest of the teams (which were no slouch) was absurd.

The only event I attended was Cbus 2012 for reach (the last reach event). It was such a great event to attend and be a part of, and I don't regret going. Everything from the "Halo" chant to ninja's 2 for 1 triple on beaver creek. It was just an amazing experience

• Upvote (+1) 1

Going to MLG Raleigh 2010 with Russo Aptitude and Intencify - We had 6 points and had to play the 2nd Seed in AM, Everyone called us online warriors and doubted us - We upset everyone and made Pro Bracket through winners only dropping one or 2 games.

Aptitude promised to take us out to dinner if we made it out of AM.................... took us to waffle house. :saucey:

sounds about right.

Winning Game 1 against Instinct will probably always stick out. The flash of hope you get during an upset is just brilliant. Staying focused is the hardest thing though and we lost the series. =(

Game 2 against Twin Saviors team at Nashville Combine for top 12. I'm the only guy alive off spawn and get a overkill to stop the series winning cap. Heart beats a little faster just thinking about that moment, everyone screaming different things for me to do and the crowd chanting, intense is an understatement.

WBR5 at Orlando '11 against Wolfmayne, Filthy G, Rayne and Loki I get last three kills of the game but the best part was there was a 4 minute standoff 49-49 and I noscope Rayne to win it and advance to Pro Bracket!

As for spectating it has to be Charlotte 07 when Carbon was down 5-1 against the Agency and brought it back! I was in the stands from the beginning and sat there for like an hour and a half haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Instinct and Walshy beating Final Boss in the LBF of Toronto 08, the first event after Walshy got the boot from FB.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 50k3 (Atlanta 2004). Watching FFA vs StK. My first national tournament, the 12+ hour road-trip to get there.

Oooh, I've got a few.

Status Quo vs Instinct's 11 game series in the finals of Columbus '12, the only ZBNS Reach tournament in MLG.  Imo its the best Halo tournament of all time.  Over 1000 FFA players to seed the 4v4.  The settings were awesome.  The tournament was awesome.  The atmosphere was awesome.  It was like the perfect event, and its the only MLG event I've ever competed in.

Meadowlands '08.  That was my first MLG event. I worked as a ref that season.  It was the first season, first tournament for Halo 3.  The turnout was INSANE.  I'll never forget how crowded, how loud, and how fucking awesome that Friday was when I reffed my first few series in the early Open Bracket.  I fell in love with Open Bracket immediately.  Amateur teams have so much passion!  God that was fun. 

Orlando '08.  Str8 Rippen vs Triggers Down in the Finals.  Onslaught CTF.  Go watch it.

Dallas '08.  Str8 vs TD again.  This time it was the entire series.  One of the best Finals ever.  By far the best Finals of the 08 season.  This was also the last event I got to ref.  I couldn't have asked for a better finish.

Anaheim '09.  Str8 vs TD yet again.  I've only watched this series once, when it was live, but I remember marking out so hard.  This is my favorite finals of all of Halo 3.

Orlando '06.  Carbon beating FB for the first time.  Minds were blown.

I played in a local Ohio Halo 2 tournament and placed second being Elamite and StrongSide's team.  This was before they were as known as they are now.  It was the most proud second place finish I could ever have.  They absolutely destroyed us and the gap between them and the rest of the teams (which were no slouch) was absurd.

Did this happen to take place in a small local game shop near Cincinnati in March of 2006?  Because if so, I was there too.

Feel good story of the century there, man. Seriously though, the video games tainting youth "argument" is BS.

This, seriously.  A game that engages you mentally, forges your resolve through competition, and pretty much shapes you as a person is "corrupting our youth", but nobody complains when someone plops down after school and watches 3 hours of MTV.  Which one has a worse effect on youth?  Ignorance.

Going to MLG Raleigh 2010 with Russo Aptitude and Intencify - We had 6 points and had to play the 2nd Seed in AM, Everyone called us online warriors and doubted us - We upset everyone and made Pro Bracket through winners only dropping one or 2 games.

Aptitude promised to take us out to dinner if we made it out of AM.................... took us to waffle house. :saucey:

Never knew you made it into pro bracket, I thought you were only "semi-pro", I dont like the term but that's what I thought you were lol. Interesting.