Sign in to follow this  
menotyou135

Slinky's No-Death Legendary Single Segment: Halo CE

Halo 1 is so perfect, even the warthog drives smooth and not like a go-cart that weighs 20lbs.

To be fair, when I first drove the Halo Warthog, I literally could not even believe that something could control so terribly. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, the hog in CE handles awfully. It just sort of skids around. Physics (especially collisions) really isn't one of CE's strong points.

That said, a single segment Legendary run is impressive. I think I'll make the time watch most, if not all of this.

I like it better than the reach and halo 4 hog.

I like it only because its something that takes time to be good at. It's very hard for me to argue that it's objectively better, much the same way it's hard for me to argue that the jumping and movement in h1 is better compared to the instant response of the sequels, but its HARD. I kind of like to think that anything thats harder and not random is better. You can seriously screw up with that hog if youve never used it before, which isnt like the sequels. Anyone can drive those things. To each his own I suppose.

I like it only because its something that takes time to be good at. It's very hard for me to argue that it's objectively better, much the same way it's hard for me to argue that the jumping and movement in h1 is better compared to the instant response of the sequels, but its HARD. I kind of like to think that anything thats harder and not random is better. You can seriously screw up with that hog if youve never used it before, which isnt like the sequels. Anyone can drive those things. To each his own I suppose.

I found the CE Hog much easier to drive than the sequels. Probably because it was an invincible armored splatter machine.

I've never played the Halo: CE MP but I must admit the movements do look amazing. If there's one flaw I've learned about Halo 3 is that the base movement speed is way to slow.

The warthog handled incredibly well, but like I said, it handled like a hovercraft or at least a boat. 

It is completely possible to make it do exactly what you want when you get the feel of it, but it is definitely not like you expect it to behave.