Sign in to follow this  
FLuFFy

Just Imagine a Halo 2 Anniversary

come name your favorite Halo 2 4v4 gametypes in this thread :D

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/3263-halo-2-4v4-gametypes-name-your-favorites/

As per the conversation,

Halo 2 was awesome because it was all about Teamwork, they patented the red X and made it work so well. Remember Zombies? It wouldn't take long to know where the action was at just because of such a well thought out system.... Oh Halo 2.

They also were the best at dealing with map packs. Halo 3 is 6 years old and they still expect you to pay for the maps. Halo 2 had their map packs free in two months.

I think there will never be another game like Halo 2.  If anything, because of the button glitches.  It perfectly combined a solid FPS with mechanics of a fighting game.  That which it took so much skill to be good.

pins and needes, tears of joy, and the chills all just happened at the same time

I also found this, looks pretty sweet

I cried

just a wee little

:( 

Very true, Halo 2 was a game that you didn't just play casually for one month after you beat it, Halo 2 was a life-style back then for people who played it. Not as dedicated as the H1 community lugging Xbox's/ tube TV's around and actually LAN'ing but I am guessing the average time spent of the users on H2 was much higher than H4 or the new CoD. I would love a dedicated core community like the old Xbox/PC shooter communities, so much fun <3

EXACTLY...and I LOL at the person who negative repped my post. It's laughable how some understand HOW played Halo 2 was back in 2004. Hell people stayed on even after the day Halo 2 got shut down. Then again I doubt some here played Halo 2 competitively, no offense, just saying.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just LAN'd some H2 tonight with some old buds of mine, this game needs to come back IMO so addicting and fun. One of the classic MP games of our generation for sure.

Just LAN'd some H2 tonight with some old buds of mine, this game needs to come back IMO so addicting and fun. One of the classic MP games of our generation for sure.

I've been telling my friends. If 343i wants to win me back and convince me to buy Halo 5.... They need to come out with the Halo 2 Anniversary with the original multiplayer if possible.

But I recently LAN'd it as well, and it was the most fun I had on a Halo game in awhile.

• Upvote (+1) 4

- There were Glitches, Superjumps

- There was fun game types like Troy, Lava Man, President, Cat and Mouse, Sharks and Minos, etc.

^^^^^^

The glitchs - Not coming back

game types 343 has 20 new ones to add

The main Screen in the vid looks super nice (LOVE IT)

Why remake a good game when you can make a new and different crappy one.

Is what I have to say about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would enjoy seeing Halo 2 Anniversary release in November, or December, instead of Halo 5, it would allow another year of development for Halo 5. It would in turn give Halo 2 Anniversary a chance to have its own Multiplayer as it should, instead of having it linked to Halo 4 or 5, which would be shit.

Halo 2 was is a amazing game, it deserves some respect and a chance to be a even better experience if a anniversary game is made.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would enjoy seeing Halo 2 Anniversary release in November, or December, instead of Halo 5, it would allow another year of development for Halo 5. It would in turn give Halo 2 Anniversary a chance to have its own Multiplayer as it should, instead of having it linked to Halo 4 or 5, which would be shit.

Halo 2 was is a amazing game, it deserves some respect and a chance to be a even better experience if a anniversary game is made.

But..but, we have to find out what happens next in Spartan Ops.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The one thing that I hope doesn't happen is when, and if they do officially announce it that the game also comes out on Xbox 360 and not just the Xbox One.

The one thing that I hope doesn't happen is when, and if they do officially announce it that the game also comes out on Xbox 360 and not just the Xbox One.

I doubt M$ would do that. They know they have millions of players who will buy the next Halo game. Their aim is to make money so obviously they're gonna sell it for X1 only so everyone has to buy a console, too. 

If they released it for 360 as well, a lot of people would simply buy it for the 360 and not bother with the console if Halo is all they're interested in. 

I doubt M$ would do that. They know they have millions of players who will buy the next Halo game. Their aim is to make money so obviously they're gonna sell it for X1 only so everyone has to buy a console, too. 

If they released it for 360 as well, a lot of people would simply buy it for the 360 and not bother with the console if Halo is all they're interested in. 

Honestly, I don't even know if the H2 engine would work on XB1. Remember that OG Xbox and 360 are using PowerPC architecture, and XB1 is using x86 now. Halo Reach & Halo 4 (and probably now Halo 5's) engine is newer, and probably is optimized for both honestly. Whereas they'd liokely have to redo everything and put it in that engine for H2 Anni.

Honestly, I don't even know if the H2 engine would work on XB1. Remember that OG Xbox and 360 are using PowerPC architecture, and XB1 is using x86 now. Halo Reach & Halo 4 (and probably now Halo 5's) engine is newer, and probably is optimized for both honestly. Whereas they'd liokely have to redo everything and put it in that engine for H2 Anni.

Oops, I thought he was talking about H5, didn't even realise this was the H2 thread haha. That's what happens when I try and multi task. :P

Yeah, if they were to do H2 Anny then it probably would be for 360.