Sign in to follow this  
FLuFFy

Just Imagine a Halo 2 Anniversary

And you guys hoping for a H2A MP need to get a reality check. XD

I guess it's unrealistic to expect good business decisions from Microsoft's/343's end. 

Actually you're very wrong on that. It's not only the competitive community that likes Halo 2. A shit ton of people still like Halo 2.

keyword there being 'likes'. sure a lot of people like h2, but thats entirely different from saying they wud jump to buy its anniversary upon release. and say these millions (and i use that word optimistically) of fans do, how many do u think will stay to play it whilst cod 25, titanfall, destiny etc are out?

its better all round, and much more realistic/feasible, to release an entirely new halo multiplayer game rather than remake h2's mp.

keyword there being 'likes'. sure a lot of people like h2, but thats entirely different from saying they wud jump to buy its anniversary upon release. and say these millions (and i use that word optimistically) of fans do, how many do u think will stay to play it whilst cod 25, titanfall, destiny etc are out?

its better all round, and much more realistic/feasible, to release an entirely new halo multiplayer game rather than remake h2's mp.

Put it like this, how many people would play it over Halo 4 if it came out in November? A lot of people.

And you guys hoping for a H2A MP need to get a reality check. XD

And you need to realize, no one would buy it if it didn't have Halo 2 MP? That's what I just put, didn't you read?

Maybe if their future games had good, competitive multiplayer, people wouldn't be begging for Halo 2's Multiplayer back. 

Amen-Brother.jpg

The halo community (more specifically the competitive community) often get accused of purely living in the past when we react so negatively to unnecessary change. But, just a cursory glance at how well games such as CounterStrike and CoD are doing in terms of player populations with little to no changes in formula in years shows that gamers are happy to play something that works.

All current successful gaming franchises have a very defined personality and identity. Halo 4 has tried to emulate that success by osmosis, rather than looking to its past strengths and history.

A remake of Halo 2, faithfully replicating the perfect mix of arena-based position/team led shooting and emphasising skill and casting aside superfluous frills would be the only thing that could bring me back to the series.

And the worst part of all of this is that you, I, and the rest of this faltering community know it will never happen.

Oh Based  Sam Rambles, welcome back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Put it like this, how many people would play it over Halo 4 if it came out in November? A lot of people.

not a lot, but I could see 100,000 being realistic. But any large numbers (300,000+) wudnt hold up for long, and I doubt wed see any large numbers anyhow

I still have my H2 disk. God I wish they just reopened the MP servers. I'd even put up with all of the BS like modding, standbying, super jumping, etc .

• Upvote (+1) 1

not a lot, but I could see 100,000 being realistic. But any large numbers (300,000+) wudnt hold up for long, and I doubt wed see any large numbers anyhow

Well those 380k people that left would come back....dont cha think?

I still have my H2 disk. God I wish they just reopened the MP servers. I'd even put up with all of the BS like modding, standbying, super jumping, etc .

Superjumping required mastering it though.

I would buy it and probably 7 more copies. That's if it has Halo 2 multiplayer. Back in Halo 2 days, you didn't have just one Halo 2 disk.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well those 380k people that left would come back....dont cha think?

lol. Do you honestly think EVERY person that left wud be back? Do you think even half of them will be back? Do you think I need to explain why 380k people won't be back?
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Never forget

All the way up until the final day of H2 MP I was having fun. I almost don't want a H2 anniversary out of fear that they will find a way to mess it up. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

lol. Do you honestly think EVERY person that left wud be back? Do you think even half of them will be back? Do you think I need to explain why 380k people won't be back?

Actually I do think so, seeing as Halo 2 is STILL the most successful Halo besides Halo 3. If you were around during the Halo 2 days, you'd know things. Because lets see, I don't think I need to explain to you why 380k left Halo 4. If a Halo 2 Aniv came out and I say IF a Halo 2 Aniv was released between Halo 4 and Halo 5. I can bet that a lot of people would come back to play Halo 2 why they wait for Halo 5. Hell, Halo 3 being free on Oct 16th may bring people back to Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Actually I do think so, seeing as Halo 2 is STILL the most successful Halo besides Halo 3. If you were around during the Halo 2 days, you'd know things. Because lets see, I don't think I need to explain to you why 380k left Halo 4. If a Halo 2 Aniv came out and I say IF a Halo 2 Aniv was released between Halo 4 and Halo 5. I can bet that a lot of people would come back to play Halo 2 why they wait for Halo 5. Hell, Halo 3 being free on Oct 16th may bring people back to Halo 3.

Very true, Halo 2 was a game that you didn't just play casually for one month after you beat it, Halo 2 was a life-style back then for people who played it. Not as dedicated as the H1 community lugging Xbox's/ tube TV's around and actually LAN'ing but I am guessing the average time spent of the users on H2 was much higher than H4 or the new CoD. I would love a dedicated core community like the old Xbox/PC shooter communities, so much fun <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never forget

All the way up until the final day of H2 MP I was having fun. I almost don't want a H2 anniversary out of fear that they will find a way to mess it up. 

I agree, but at the same time. I just want that feeling again. If you know what I mean.

dat soundtrack doe

aeNYLMO_460sa.gif

pins and needes, tears of joy, and the chills all just happened at the same time

I also found this, looks pretty sweet

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have a hypothesis... Remember when it was Halo CE's 10 year anniversary and how Halo Reach tried to implement Halo CE gameplay to Reach with several playlist. What if Halo 5 was to launch on Halo 2's 10 year anniversary date and come preloaded with Classic Halo 2 style gameplay and maps. Maybe if you buy the deluxe Halo 5 edition, you could get a separate anniversary desk for the campaign.

I have a hypothesis... Remember when it was Halo CE's 10 year anniversary and how Halo Reach tried to implement Halo CE gameplay to Reach with several playlist. What if Halo 5 was to launch on Halo 2's 10 year anniversary date and come preloaded with Classic Halo 2 style gameplay and maps. Maybe if you buy the deluxe Halo 5 edition, you could get a separate anniversary desk for the campaign.

So your saying H2A would come with H5 on a separate disk? Does not make much sense to me, and not even sure if thats possible. I am sure they could get someone like CA(who hinted they were working on H2A) or whoever to do the majority of the work on H2A if 343 is presumably working on H5 right now. Its fkn M$ if they want H2A or H2 HD done they will get it done.