Sign in to follow this  
FLuFFy

Just Imagine a Halo 2 Anniversary

"Hey guys, we should totally remake the H2 MP! That way, we can ensure NONE of the oldschool fans play our newer games because they'll have their 'perfect halo game' again!"

Maybe if their future games had good, competitive multiplayer, people wouldn't be begging for Halo 2's Multiplayer back. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe if their future games had good, competitive multiplayer, people wouldn't be begging for Halo 2's Multiplayer back. 

People would be begging for it regardless, IMO.

If people were hoping for a remade MP when HCEA was announced, then they only set themselves up for disappointment. What sense does it make for a company to re-release an older MP that would only serve to compete with their current MP?

I dunno about any of you, but I fucking loved CEA. Just being able to earn achievements playing CE, play the campaign in modern-gen graphics, and get new maps for Reach was great. I mean, how can you say the MP experience is always changing when the game was 10 years old at the time of CEA's release? How would that not get old after even just 5 years? If the MP was so great and deserved a remake on it's own, I would imagine people played it to death even more than they did the campaign.

Sounds like you're making excuses to me.

Compete with the current Halo MP? Why does it matter what Halo people are playing; 343 and Microsoft are still making money. Reach was basically dead at that point so no argument could be made for "segmenting the community." The multiplayer experience is always changing; just add a few more maps and new players with new playstyles. Halo 2 was good enough of a game such that the experience basically never got stale, providing enough people were playing it.

CEA was legitimately a worse campaign than the original CE. Sure, the graphics were prettier, but much of the dark, majestic, scenery of the original campaign was lost. Just look at 343 guilty spark.

Maybe they just dont want to.

"Hey guys, we should totally remake the H2 MP! That way, we can ensure NONE of the oldschool fans play our newer games because they'll have their 'perfect halo game' again!"

The next Halo isn't coming out for a full year after XBONE's launch. That means, for a full year, Halo fans aren't going to be playing Halo. I know many people whose sole reason for having an Xbox is Halo, so a year-long break would probably make them go to PS4.

Also, if the new multiplayer isn't on par with at least Halo 2, many players here simply won't buy it. It is inexcusable that a game as simple, fun, and accessible as classic Halo MP is neglected for 4 releases. 

Also, your points about Tomb Raider. You do realize that those games are single-player, right? Single-player is static, whereas multiplayer (if its good enough) can be played forever. Still need to get that 50 (legit) in H2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just think ya'll are kidding yourselves if you think they would/should remake H2 MP. -shrugs-

No, it would be foolish for 343 to let Halo be dead for a full year, on a new console, when Microsoft has no secure shooter exclusives active right now.

No, it would be foolish for 343 to let Halo be dead for a full year. 

According to some people, Halo's been dead. XD

May as well let it collect dust in peace before we revive it again.

According to some people, Halo's been dead. XD

May as well let it collect dust in peace before we revive it again.

Much harder to revive when no one's playing. Releasing Halo 2 on live would be huge with the majority of the competitive community, and allow 343 to assess how people will receive classic Halo gameplay. 

Much harder to revive when no one's playing. Releasing Halo 2 on live would be huge with the majority of the competitive community, and allow 343 to assess how people will receive classic Halo gameplay. 

As well as give them a reason to never touch the new game's MP.

What if the new game's MP is better than H2's? That could be as simple as reducing aim-assist/decreasing killtimes. 

What if the new game's MP is better than H2's? That could be as simple as reducing aim-assist/decreasing killtimes. 

It's never that simple with Halo.

It's never that simple with Halo.

Why? Everyone thinks aim-assist was too high in Halo 2, and kill times were a little too slow. On just the multiplayer side, changing these things, adding new features, and adding new weapons would make the game much better. 

Why? Everyone thinks aim-assist was too high in Halo 2, and kill times were a little too slow. On just the multiplayer side, changing these things, adding new features, and adding new weapons would make the game much better. 

So they should just ditch the MP they have now for a slightly better, but still outdated MP.

Yeah I dont see that happening.

So they should just ditch the MP they have now for a slightly better, but still outdated MP.

Yeah I dont see that happening.

How is Halo 2 MP outdated? Halo is on a completely different plane from modern shooters, so most advancements in the industry don't apply to Halo. And to the best of my knowledge, classic Halo gameplay is actually more complex and advanced than most modern shooters today. 

How is Halo 2 MP outdated? Halo is on a completely different plane from modern shooters, so most advancements in the industry don't apply to Halo. And to the best of my knowledge, classic Halo gameplay is actually more complex and advanced than most modern shooters today. 

XD

I think that's all that needs to be said.

• Downvote (-1) 5

XD

I think that's all that needs to be said.

Cod multiplayer is only slightly different from COD 2's in 2005. Battlefield multiplayer is still similar to Battlefield 2's in 2005. Counter-Strike multiplayer is virtually the exact same as 1.6 in 2000. All these games continue to enjoy success, whereas Halo and Gears, which have major changes every release, are basically dead. 

Classic Halo just needs a few more features and a modern feel to be succesful. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

id go for eagleburn's thing, except title it as just 'halo' and release it on xbox only for a really cheap price. i have to agree with ghisdorah, h2 mp remake is impractical and probably won't receive much sales. it is really only the competitive community that loves h2 so much, and thats minusing the ce purists and people like ninja and ryanoob who like the new halo. plus h2 mp had a lot of flaws. a halo game designed specifically for optimal competitive multiplayer, however, could turn out to be the league of legends for shooters.

Just out of curiosity, with the new cloud computing (and rumors of H4 being played on smartphones etc), how difficult would it be to just port Halo 2 over to the Xbox One and be made available for DL as an arcade game for a cheap price? Backwards compatibility is still sort of an issue for xbox owners who want to play their classics but many of which will no longer keep their old consoles.

I really dont think the Halo trilogy die-hards who would most populate the game are even playing Halo 4 right now. There still is a demand for classic Arena-style Halo gameplay that is not being met by the newer Halo games, I think giving the veteran fans and fans of H2 one of their most cherished games back in HD might bring those people back to Halo and 343/MS would get positive PR from it.

I mentioned this before, but they could promote Halo 5 using Halo 2 Anny through early beta access(wishful thinking), armor codes, maybe even exclusive terminals previewing H5. Halo could use all the MP fans it could get right now, if H2 comes out this year on Xbox One that will boost and revitalize part of the fan-base going into Halo 5. More fans playing Halo online is never a negative.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Obligatory -

Imagine ??  :gandhi:

imagine?  :gandhi:  :gandhi:

I am imagining and it is awesome. 

l8  :lxthul:

Yes, and?

"Anniversary" type games dont seem to sell very well anyway. Just look at Tomb Raider Anniversary. It is a fantastic remake of the original game, and an excellent game on it's own merits, but it was the lowest selling TR game ever.

So who cares if it sold poorly? Was it not exactly what we wanted?

Again i ask, so? H2 MP isnt going to happen if they make H2A. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Like i said previously, you (and others) seem to just want H2A because you think it will bring back the H2 MP, not because you want a faithful remake of a great game.

I hope you realize that if and the day when a H2A gets released, if it doesn't have the Halo 2 MP, NO ONE will buy it just for the Campaign. Halo CE didn't sell well because the MP was on Reach. If it does have Halo 2 MP then people will buy it, actually it'll sell quite well. People were pissed when Halo 2 got shut down. The community has been asking for a Halo 2 Aniv since Halo CEA. Hell people are on Halo 2 still, they plan Halo 2 on XBC...no offense but you need to get with the times dude.

id go for eagleburn's thing, except title it as just 'halo' and release it on xbox only for a really cheap price. i have to agree with ghisdorah, h2 mp remake is impractical and probably won't receive much sales. it is really only the competitive community that loves h2 so much, and thats minusing the ce purists and people like ninja and ryanoob who like the new halo. plus h2 mp had a lot of flaws. a halo game designed specifically for optimal competitive multiplayer, however, could turn out to be the league of legends for shooters.

Actually you're very wrong on that. It's not only the competitive community that likes Halo 2. A shit ton of people still like Halo 2.

They should release halo 2 multi-player as a free to play game for Xbox One. I wouldn't mind if they had weapon skins and armour that you could buy as long as the game-play is the same.

I hope you realize that if and the day when a H2A gets released, if it doesn't have the Halo 2 MP, NO ONE will buy it just for the Campaign. Halo CE didn't sell well because the MP was on Reach. If it does have Halo 2 MP then people will buy it, actually it'll sell quite well. People were pissed when Halo 2 got shut down. The community has been asking for a Halo 2 Aniv since Halo CEA. Hell people are on Halo 2 still, they plan Halo 2 on XBC...no offense but you need to get with the times dude.

And you guys hoping for a H2A MP need to get a reality check. XD

• Downvote (-1) 3