Sign in to follow this  
FLuFFy

Just Imagine a Halo 2 Anniversary

I hope they don't do it. There are some things in my life I always wanted to see again, they were remade, they were tainted, and now they always will be. 

This game, along with Rainbow Six 3, were my best gaming years. I'd hate to see that ruined with a butchered attempt at a remake. 

As much as they say it is easy for them just to reskin and put a game on the market it never stays the same. It never feels like it once did. I'd rather keep that feeling and LAN on the times I have the opportunity. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's what I want.

It's just called Halo Anniversary.

• The entire game is in the art style of Halo 3 with updated graphics.
  • All the Halo CE, 2, & 3 maps are reskinned for this art style. Excluding maps that generally weren't liked.
  • No campaign. Why? Because honestly, remaking nearly every Halo CE, 2, & 3 map is enough work. Let's not ask too much now. We're already walking thin ice with this idea.

Remaking all 3 campaigns would take probably as long as GTA V took to develop.

• The ranking system is a mix of Halo 2 and Halo 3. It's the Halo 2 ranking system, but like Halo 3, there's one for each playlists.

Halo 2's system doesn't cooperate well with TrueSkill, and Halo 3's system was broken. Imagine this game with a Ladder System?  :quinn:  :gandhi: 

• The deep custom options that we had in Halo 3 will now be for Halo CE & 2 maps.

Reach actually had the best options

• I think we can forget hoping for the glitches to come back. Bungie and 343 seem to have laid their foot down on that idea.
  • Halo 3 Theater. Surprisingly, still the best one.
  • Forge for every map.

We have this already.

• The movement and shield mechanics are identical to Halo 2
  • And most importantly, it's on the PC. It will have a stronger and longer lasting community.

I like the idea a lot, shame it will never happen, but I bolded my responses to some points.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here's what I want.

It's just called Halo Anniversary.

• No campaign. Why? Because honestly, remaking nearly every Halo CE, 2, & 3 map is enough work. Let's not ask too much now. We're already walking thin ice with this idea.

...Meanwhile at jumprs:

- No multiplayer. Why? Because honestly, remaking nearly every campaign is enough work. Lets not ask too much now. We're already walking thin ice with this idea.

Halo 4 sold 8M units. Only a little more than 400K units ever used the Xbox Live feature. 343i simply can't afford to lose these people. Gotta think about ALL the communities when designing a sequel.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

...Meanwhile at jumprs:

- No multiplayer. Why? Because honestly, remaking nearly every campaign is enough work. Lets not ask too much now. We're already walking thin ice with this idea.

Halo 4 sold 8M units. Only a little more than 400K units ever used the Xbox Live feature. 343i simply can't afford to lose these people. Gotta think about ALL the communities when designing a sequel.

Just release it digitally on PC then (those who don't connect to Live will hardly know it exists), or call it "Halo Multiplayer Anniversary". I don't know, but trying to please every fan is what got us here in the first place.

A Halo 2 anniversary without its Campaign would defeat the purpose. Gameplay going forward should seek to be as classic as possible without relying on a remake in the first place. Then a Halo 2 map pack/campaign combo will be a natural extension of that, like CEA was/should have been. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Only a little more than 400K units ever used the Xbox Live feature.

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong... wrong.

Only 400k were in War Games Matches at the same time. Halo Charts data shows Peak numbers for people currently in War Games Matches, not UU for Everything.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I hope they don't do it. There are some things in my life I always wanted to see again, they were remade, they were tainted, and now they always will be. 

This game, along with Rainbow Six 3, were my best gaming years. I'd hate to see that ruined with a butchered attempt at a remake. 

As much as they say it is easy for them just to reskin and put a game on the market it never stays the same. It never feels like it once did. I'd rather keep that feeling and LAN on the times I have the opportunity. 

I can only imagine an 08' kid playing Halo 2 for the first time against experienced players who have played for years lol. Halo 2 did have some problems like super-bouncing in MM and cheating in ranked MM(would be WAY better by today's standards) its actually amazing how popular it was despite being one hell of a crazy MP game.

Only 400k were in War Games Matches at the same time. Halo Charts data shows Peak numbers for people currently in War Games Matches, not UU for Everything.

I wonder if kids still LAN today; kids to young for Live probably still play multiplayer with friends. 

K. So the number could be larger then? I imagine most players would be playing on launch day/launch week, even internationally. So assuming I'm completely wrong in my estimate, and for some reason large chunks of players played and left. Now there's what,  2M? 3M? Still a minority compared to offline players. 

K. So the number could be larger then? I imagine most players would be playing on launch day/launch week, even internationally. So assuming I'm completely wrong in my estimate, and for some reason large chunks of players played and left. Now there's what,  2M? 3M? Still a minority compared to offline players. 

Around 3 m on day one, when around 3 m copies had been sold.

New players played campaign and multiplayer, offline only players are in the minority.

Around 3 m on day one, when around 3 m copies had been sold.

New players played campaign and multiplayer, offline only players are in the minority.

Sauce?

Yeah 343 ruined pit for me. I wanted to come back to h4 but no. I cant deal with it. we arent getting no sprint and i have no reason to play. Still have to play h3, which i have no problem with since its a good fucking game. minus the host booters.

A Halo 2 anniversary doesn't deserve to be made by the same company who made this horrible game of Halo as we know today. It would just be a disgrace to the legacy it had on multiplayer gaming with all the cheap gimmicks Halo 4 currently has in it.

The only reason i don't judge HCE:A harshly is because i know it was made purely to bring back the captivating and iconic single player story that started it all. The multiplayer they added was just a fun twist that was supposed to be taken lightly IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I can imagine it now: 

"We are introducing the most revolutionary Halo to come out. This Halo blew minds not only with it's online play, but also with it's groundbreaking multiplayer mechanics. We introduce: the Halo 2: Anniversary HD remake..... Campaign only!" 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just imagine.

What an amazing campaign it would be.

Without the multiplayer? No thanks Jeff LOL

Also the 400k during peak hours could have been a lot more, but due to some issues from day 1 so many players were basically unable to play the MP.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed, with everything. Playing RBS Vegas was a huge let down. I saw such a great game change into something more mainstream and felt like the rest of the shooters. It just seems inevitable. To this day my favorite TV show was Trigger Happy TV (the original) and when the comedy central one came out, it was fucking god awful.

On the other hand theres perfect dark XBLA and SF remakes that are good.

Sauce?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/halo-4-logs-116-million-players-6405820

It doesn't say 3 million the first day, but considering 11.6 million (the number of unique users who played Halo 4 on xbl) is about the number of copies sold, and about 3 million copies were sold on launch day, then you can infer that probably around 3 million people played Halo 4 multiplayer on launch. 

I'm afraid that the game wouldn't port to a more current console well. Anyone here play Halo CE on a 360? It feels like I'm playing with input lag, even on a tube TV.