Alphanumeric

Players in DMV (D.C, Maryland, Virginia)

Just moved to Virginia Beach from Hawaii and looking for some people to play with since all my buddies are 6 hours behind now.

GT: spinatix

Looking to get some lans in soon I live in Elkton Maryland. willing to drive for lans.

Looking to get some lans in soon I live in Elkton Maryland. willing to drive for lans.

I live in Havre de Grace man, not sure if Elkton is also in Harford County, but we should game. I know of a couple centers in our area, and if you know of any I'll hit you up.

I live in Havre de Grace man, not sure if Elkton is also in Harford County, but we should game. I know of a couple centers in our area, and if you know of any I'll hit you up.

I'm like 15 minutes max from Havre de Grace that is really close.

DC Halo is having another FFA on Friday July 5th. (kind of a crappy date IMO)

1st place is getting a Xbox slim. check out their facebook page for more info.

• Upvote (+1) 1

going to look into details I'm going to do my best to make the trip.

Are they still using Shutout and ordinance drops? Because that's laaaameeeee.

I hear Monster's going to this one, though.

We shall see if he shows up. Kinda dumb just got a 360. Unless lives real close. This is only like a 30 minute drive.

Nitro and Fox: I'm in Baltimore. Willing to drive, Would love to play online and maybe try to lan sometime.

GT: ChickenNRofls11

Are they still using Shutout and ordinance drops? Because that's laaaameeeee.

I hear Monster's going to this one, though.

They're using slayer pro settings, only god knows why. I'd definitely like to go to this one

Hey everyone,

Im very new to the forum. I live on the eastern shore of Maryland and would love to team up with some guys who have mics and learn some new tactics.

GT: KINGSP3W

Hey guys! Just reporting in from the DC Halo event. About 30 people showed up, we played mostly v4 settings the whole night, and had a pretty hefty prize pool considering there is no entry fee. there were 4 main prizes up including an the new 360 E with Kinect, a set of Astro A50's, a Razer Sabertooth controller, and 2 other headsets (Turtle Beaches, maybe?). Also, the top 10 players received 1600 MSP, but I don't expect that to be a regular thing. Very cool of the store to do that though.

The map was Onyx FFA with title updated weapons. You could choose between the 4 primary rifles as starting weapons and maybe the AR was a choice. I can't remember since everyone used the BR anyway. Standard ordinances with Thruster/Hardlight/Hologram were used. Next one is in 2 weeks on July 19th, I believe. The prize pool is subject to change at each event and they don't pre-announce them, but they usually come through.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that they actually streamed this one! VOD can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/dchalo/b/426306409

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

GT: Treplexity

Stream: twitch.tv/treplexity

Getting back into the competitive scene, haven't felt like traveling to events for H4, looking forward to playing at the DCHalo Lans that are literally down the street from me.

Haven't played much H4, been living in the past and wrecking kids on H3..last MLG event attended was Raleigh 2011..feel free to hit me up to run anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys! Just reporting in from the DC Halo event. About 30 people showed up, we played mostly v4 settings the whole night, and had a pretty hefty prize pool considering there is no entry fee. there were 4 main prizes up including an the new 360 E with Kinect, a set of Astro A50's, a Razer Sabertooth controller, and 2 other headsets (Turtle Beaches, maybe?). Also, the top 10 players received 1600 MSP, but I don't expect that to be a regular thing. Very cool of the store to do that though.

The map was Onyx FFA with title updated weapons. You could choose between the 4 primary rifles as starting weapons and maybe the AR was a choice. I can't remember since everyone used the BR anyway. Standard ordinances with Thruster/Hardlight/Hologram were used. Next one is in 2 weeks on July 19th, I believe. The prize pool is subject to change at each event and they don't pre-announce them, but they usually come through.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that they actually streamed this one! VOD can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/dchalo/b/426306409

Is there a website for these competitions?

Edit: Nvm, found the thread/FB page. These look awesome, might go to one just to get some slight event exp..

• Upvote (+1) 1

i completely forgot to go. I was in Philly skateboarding and it was like 630 and i got a reminder and I was no were near close enough to make it on time. and Hi tyler. 

Hey Everyone,

I'm the person who is in charge of running D.C. Halo. My apologies that it's taken me so long to finally start posting on here! After reading up on some feedback on the D.C. Halo Summer Throwdown FFA Circuit, I figured I'd answer some questions and clear up anything about my events that you may be skeptical about:

- Settings used for these events are indeed the V4 settings, but with a twist. What we've done was take the V4 FFA settings and add the following loadouts. These loadouts were implemented in order to help bridge the gap between both the Competitive Halo Community and the Casual Halo fans who'd want to compete in local events. While it's been a constant struggle trying to figure out how to do so, I found that implementing these loadouts keep the casual gamers interested, while giving the Competitive Gamers what they want with a BR Loadout and V4 settings.

Loadout 1
Starting Weapon: DMR
Secondary Weapon: None
Armor Abilities: None
Tactical Mod: Resupply
Support Mod: Explosives

Loadout 2
Starting Weapon: BR

Loadout 3
Starting Weapon: Light Rifle

Loadout 4
Starting Weapon: Carbine

Loadout 5
Starting Weapon: Assault Rifle

- V4 Onyx is the map that we're using exclusively for this Summer Throwdown Circuit. After a few events, I've realized that this is the most balanced FFA map available to us (And because Skyline is a DLC, unfortunately it's out of our budget and is out of the question).

- The Summer Throwdown Grand Championships will be taking place on August 16th at the Microsoft Store in Tyson's Corner Center. This is definitely an event that I've worked hard to prepare for and therefore am very excited about hosting! Boasting a pool of over $1,000 worth of prizes, I can say with great certainty that this will be the largest Halo 4 tournament that the DMV has ever seen before. Check out our Facebook page to find details about how you can qualify to compete in this event.

- Each event will be live streamed on twitch.tv/dchalo

Again, our next Summer Throwdown Open Event (#5) is taking place on August 2nd. This will be your LAST opportunity to qualify for the Grand Championships (August 16th). For more information on how to pre-register for this event, check out our Facebook Page!

If anybody has any questions at all, please feel free to send them over my way! My contact information is listed below: 

Facebook: facebook.com/dchalolans

Twitter: @DCHaloLans

Email: [email protected]

Gamertag: McBabycakes

Make sure to tune into the D.C. Halo Summer Throwdown FFA Event tonight starting at 6:30PM!

Locals competing in this event include:

- Monster

- Riot Shock

- CreepyTrash

- FreezieAlmighty

- Whiskers

- Heirarch

- and many more

Stream Link: Twitch.tv/dchalo

Come hang out on the stream chat and support some local Halo LAN Action!

Spots are filling up fast for this Friday's D.C. Halo Summer Throwdown Grand Championships FFA Event! Come showcase your skills in the biggest Halo 4 LAN event that the DMV has ever seen and compete for over $1,200 worth of prizes including:

1st Place: Microsoft Surface RT Tablet
2nd Place: GAEMS Vanguard PGE
3rd Place: Astro A50 Wireless Headset & Mixamp
4th Place: Xbox 360 4GB & Kinect
5th Place: 12 Month Xbox Live Subscription
6th Place: 4000 Microsoft Points
7th Place: 3 Month Xbox Live Gold Subscription
8th Place: 1600 Microsoft Points

For more information on how to preregister for this event, "Like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spots are filling up fast for this Friday's D.C. Halo Summer Throwdown Grand Championships FFA Event! Come showcase your skills in the biggest Halo 4 LAN event that the DMV has ever seen and compete for over $1,200 worth of prizes including:

1st Place: Microsoft Surface RT Tablet

2nd Place: GAEMS Vanguard PGE

3rd Place: Astro A50 Wireless Headset & Mixamp

4th Place: Xbox 360 4GB & Kinect

5th Place: 12 Month Xbox Live Subscription

6th Place: 4000 Microsoft Points

7th Place: 3 Month Xbox Live Gold Subscription

8th Place: 1600 Microsoft Points

For more information on how to preregister for this event, "Like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

I thought you had to qualify for the championships? Those prizes are awesome though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought you had to qualify for the championships? Those prizes are awesome though.

Initially, you had to qualify by accumulating points D.C. Halo points from past FFA events. Because we're now accepting 40 competitors as opposed to the original 32, we've decided to open up the event to anybody who's interested in checking out what we can offer in an event!

Initially, you had to qualify by accumulating points D.C. Halo points from past FFA events. Because we're now accepting 40 competitors as opposed to the original 32, we've decided to open up the event to anybody who's interested in checking out what we can offer in an event!

Niiiiiceeeeeee. Shame I'll be out of town AGAIN. I've missed every single one of these events and I live so close to Tyson's Corner. Lolz.

• Upvote (+1) 1