Sign in to follow this  
Doju

Static drop vs Ord for 4 v 4

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better for Halo 4 4 v 4s?

• Ordnance
    • Drop spawn (static)

Or even just have the waypoints appear for the first time it spawns. Perfect for everyone.

There would still be the issue of giving away your position (though I know its a small issue). I'd rather have them gone at all.

12 second despawn is pretty crap.

Because of the 10 second delay at the start of games, you only have 2 seconds to get there (though you can work around this off course), but it is still really shitty. 

If you do it, then one thing should still be on random ord. Something like rockets.

I can see arguments either way. I don't think I can formulate an opinion for 4v4 without seeing some high level gameplay with drop spawns on every map, because I really think that on some of the larger or more segmented maps the fast despawn could become an issue.

Or even just have the waypoints appear for the first time it spawns. Perfect for everyone.

Tried this before, in the way you mentioned. Started off with the weapon on Initial Ordnance, no resupply. Put the weapon in the exact same spot with a regular spawn time (120s, 180s, 90s, etc) and had it set to 'Spawn at Start: False'. All the feedback I got from this said that it was far too confusing, even if you knew about it. People wouldn't bother knowing the exact time and would be in the general area for the power weapon but then never see the waypoint and sort of assume someone else got it... when it was literally sitting right there. As you said as well, the Initial Ordnance could have a different ammo count - more confusion. As well, the 10 second delay at the start of the game affects the things not spawning at the start. So say you've got Rockets on a 3:00 timer. The first non-ordnance won't actually spawn until 12:10, not 12:00, on a 15:00 game.

I'm completely in favor static drops, but not in Halo 4 and that's 100% due to the despawn time. It's going to completely fuck things up.

Personally, as I've been testing shit, I'm more in favor of having power ups (OS, SB and DB) on Initial Ordnance since that's the only way they can be set, or use the random ordnance trick if we can all agree that most maps (Pit, Sanctuary, Simplex, Abandon, etc) feature only one power up to make it static. I think all other weapons should just be placed floating on the map so that they don't despawn, but there's no timer. This will make them all static but will remove the waypoint. This will significantly reward teams/players who are keeping track of times and while it will create a bit of a learning curve for new players... Halo 4 is already pretty set in people who want classic Halo, and those who don't give a shit. We might as well go back to what we had before, roughly, with the learning curve.

The project I'm working on for this weekend will feature this. PowerUps on Initial Ordnance, everything else placed fixed on the map. Which reminds me Doju, please message me in regards to that trick you said someone (I forget who) was investigating about sharing no sprint gametypes via Waypoint links. Much appreciated.

Quoted from skype

"but yeah for the gametype hosting process

I have an account. I could change the password so that we may all use it... or I could host do it myself. BUt the idea is you make a bundle that is something like bit.ly/savinghalo (what i have it currently set up as but you can make the URL anything that isn't taken) and then that link links you to as many different webpages as you put into the bundle.

SO you just save the URL from your uploaded file, delete it form your FS, and then bundle it."

If that makes sense

"