PenguIndiana

Describe your favorite memory from a past Halo title

My fav moment was before I learn about this kind of Halo, It was win I just got the xbox 360 elite (my first xbox system) with halo 3 and I jumped right into custom games playing my friend from school and his group of gamers and being able to score 2nd place my first game not looking up the controllers or anything from there I knew I just had a want to beat everyone I played Halo 3 was where it all started for me an that first time that first experience of seeing just made me convert from a PS2 at the time from getting a PS3 to keep with my 360. Halo really is what stole me away from sony. It is the best game of all time to me even if its darkest hour I still love it. What I do wish is I could do some halo LANs and have some small local 4v4 and 2v2 tourments to see how far i've came from just being that kid who picked up a new system with halo 3.

My favorite moment was in middle school when me and a couple of us would go over to our friends house after school and play Halo 2.  I remember we all decided that we weren't leaving until all of us did the super bounce on turf off the bunker.  I had never done a superbounce and when I finally managed to pull it off it was the coolest thing ever.  Also on that same day my friend told me the best way to use the shotgun was to shoot a player and then instantly beat him down.. a tactic I still use - was he the hidden  :goat:  ???

• Upvote (+1) 2

Going 96/1 on a Bloodgulch 8v8 CTF match on Halo 1

Landing a sticky nade on an enemy warthog with flag carrier over an enourmous distance and watching the chat on Halo 1

I got into E3 last year by sneaking in under a friends pass. Knowing Halo 4 was there, I arrived 30 minutes early and waited for security to let people into the LA Convention Center. I was way behind and by the time I finally got through security, I could see people SPRINTING towards the Halo 4 booth. By the time I found my there, the wait was beyond full. [They cut the line a few people behind me] I waited for what would be just over FOUR hours in line for the rebirth of the Chief storyline. These four hours filled my mind with thoughts of things to potentially brag about, noscopes across the map, two-for-ones, great sprees. The security guy in front of the door waved me in as he counted the set amount of people that could enter at one time. The next thing I knew, I was sitting in a dark room watching the live demonstration which I had already analyzed 100x times over. While looking around the small room I saw Frank O'Connor walk through the room like the boss he was. At this moment, there was almost a need for him to take on his role as Beamish. Alas, I contained my excitement and they began to herd us into the next room for the long awaited GAMEPLAY DEMO. I was the first to stand up and then Frank O'Connor WALKED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Obviously, I was the first one to enter this war room of consoles and monitors and they gave me the honorable role of Party Leader. After messing with my class, I waited for the okay to start. 5...4...3...2...1... Longbow - Infinity Slayer. I selected my class, waited to spawn. 5...4...3...2...1...GO! I saw the sniper indicator and sprinted straight towards it. I took the sniper, looked across at theirs and blasted his face off, the recoil astounded me. I went to my low base and posted up, waiting for someone... nothing. Frantically possessed the possibility of doing something incredible I get ballsy and lead a push to top middle. I get around 6 more kill on this push and fighting off their attempt to regain the top. Now, I earn this thing that looks like an explosion in my ordnance. DAMAGE BOOST. I begin running around frantically looking for kills. I get one guy with my DMR and start shooting the second man and suddenly CLICK, I'm out of ammo and realize I overextended. My heart starts pounding and my brain starts beating itself up as I my spartan decides to sprint away. No shields, all alone, damage boost gone, my brain flooded with thoughts of grandeur forces me out for glory. Magnum 2 magnum shots, the guy drops. Still one shot, I see another enemy pushing up on my radar and just stay crouched in the corner when I noticed that my magnum was now a few shots shy of empty. I regain my shields then with the help of a wandering teammate, I we take the guy down. Out of ammo, I run to find any ammo but to no avail. There, it was like a gift from god. Never before has a ghost looked so beautiful. I look at my score board and I noticed I had 13 kills, just two shy of a perfection. COULD THIS BE? I proceed to boost flying around the map with only one thing on my mind, blood. I spotted two targets, thrusters fully charged, I boost. I crush one noob and his teammate reacted quickly and dodged me. I recognize him as the player I killed with the magnum, he wanted my head. I spin around, guns locked and loaded. Firing commenced as we begin to circle strafe each other and that when I notice he's HOLDING A PLASMA GRENADE. My heart stopped as I see the blue ball of doom flying with nothing but hate towards me. It barely misses my left wing as his lifeless body crashed to the snow. I had it... 15. I knew I had my goal, but the game was not over yet. I continue to pester the other team and pick up on more kill before the end of the match. GAME OVER, I DID IT. I give out a loud "WOOT" and look around to see if anyone noticed. As I spun around, there was the man himself, Frank O'Connor. He gave me a smile and walked out of the room. Not knowing what to do still hyped off of not only my first perfection in Halo 4, but the first perfection made by any member of the general public, I ran after him (It was only like 10 feet). I caught up to him and asked him for a picture to which he graciously obliged. I then satisfied with the outcome of my first game of halo 4, proceeded to stuff my face face with food because my skinny self hadn't eaten in hours.I did a breakdown of the map after I got back that day. This is back when I was a youtube noob.

I remember playing Halo 3 with my friend, on the Pit, we were playing TS, these guys were pushing from green box, I had the sniper, my friend took down the shields of one guy, he jumps up and lines up with another guy, i shot the dudes foot, and it went through to the other guys head and ended up getting a clutch double.

Beating Halo 3 on "Mythic" (SLASO, single run per mission - no saving & quitting) difficulty for the first time. I dedicated myself to that challenge for months and finishing it was so rewarding.

A little more modern would be actually learning how to play Halo multiplayer from good players. It took so long to sink in until someone really simplified it, and since then I viewed the game in a completely different light and could appreciate (and be critical) so much more about the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One time I was playing with Fershetta, Arpus, and somebody else. These kids beat us on some moronic Terminal gametype, and there was post-lobby shit talk going on. 

And this kid on the other team starts stringing together insults...and just keeps going. And going. And going...and GOING. 

He only paused to breathe. It literally went on for 45 minutes straight...and that's when I had to turn off my box. 

It was absolutely glorious. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hitting my first concious flank on 3 people pushing lobby from top hawk on Narrows, that feeling when you can see the opportunity for a play and its make or break. This was back when I was first starting FPS's in general. These days I don't try to flank because that's for online stat whores.

Title says it all ! It can be anything, from the first time you had discovered your favorite super bounce, or the time you had 8 of your friends playing BTB destroying to get a high rank in it. 

Mine would probably be beating my first pro team online in H3. It was Triggers Down when they had just came off of an event win. Or getting my first 25 by myself in Team Snipers on Halo 2. 

edit: actually it might have been when I found the flying dumpster glitch in H3 with my friend and had him capture and post it to H3F :B (the thread got dug on dig.com and the record for the most users ever online was broke with that !)

lmao. I just watched that game of yours last night when I was playing H3. Forgot how nasty it was. Remember that screenshot i took of you in snipe corner on narrows with a mauler? lol.

My favorite Halo memories in no specific order are my one and only event Columbus 2011 (if only I had went one year later), lanning on wednesday night in Grand Rapids, then driving to Battle Creek to lan on thursday night, then driving to Columbus friday morning. I failed at being the navigator and fell asleep so we missed a key exit on the highway. We got knocked out 2-1 in a game we should of won against a team that finished top 30, then lost a few rounds later in losers 2-1 to a team we should of beat. Also I got to meet up with some of my best non local friends during the Halo 3 days at that event. It really was one of the most fun times ive ever had. Some of the coolest people I've ever met and been able to play with for sure.

And my other favorite memories are from all the lans ive been to in michigan. Such a great community here that I wish I would have been more active in during Halo 3. Lets see, lreaction's lans for reach with walshy there were awesome. My best overkill ever on zealot slayer ended with a sniper headshot on walshy, but wasn't on my xbox and was an offline account of course.

Lets see what else... GVSU lan at i think squintz? house maybe. Everyone gave up on reach and we started playing H1 4s. It was a LOLFest. And 1v1ing lreaction in reach sanctuary i was hitting every snipe and made an epic comeback to tie it at 14 in the last seconds.

i cant think of anything else atm. 

I remember playing my first game with pros. Unfortunately, I never played any until reach but it was still a blast. It was zealot flag against APG, Heinz and Tizoxic with a random. They capped 5 flags in 3 minutes. We got slaughtered, but the entire time I had the biggest smile on my face. Getting to play reach infection customs with Pistola.is also a memorable moment.

oh yeah and my first ever gamebattles match beginning of H3 maybe version 4. It was me and my two best friends irl and another kid we met online as a team. We are all god awful at the time and first match we play against Ambush just coming off a 7th place finish which was Eli the ninja, Snipedown, Silent, and Gunshot. Eli and gunshot were my absolute favorite montage makers in Halo 2 as well. And they asked us if we just wanted to forfeit. Long story short, we didnt forfeit and we're in the Str8 Rippin montage. 

ok so im I HAYWIRE I. I just want to point out how lucky he got here. I get hit by a bank shot and then his plasma nade goes through the hole in the wall and lands at my feet in cuts. WTF BUNGIE. Nothing i could do there. My friend on the other hand who doesn't land a shot...

and also the str8 rippin montage was so hyped up when it came out, i remember me and my friend were sitting at his house waiting for it to be uploaded the day it was supposed to come out. Good times

Watching the H3 ViDocs, just thinking about how sick the game was going to be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meJxY1-oqDA

And then it living up to the hype. 

worst Halo memory for me. "et tu brute?". I just get done downloading that video from the dashboard press play and my box red rings. I was so fucking mad lol

Being able to watch this in-person. Probably my favorite Halo series of all time.  :ghost: ,  :gandhi: , Wav3, and Karma all played amazing and finally took out the God Squad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxKw1eSyW0g

#FUMBLEYAME 

Or my team's last event in Charlotte 2007. Didn't even get top 32, but had such a great time with friends. Also got to watch some unknown kid, named iGotUrPistola, take 3rd in FFA and stand on his chair afterwards.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lmao. I just watched that game of yours last night when I was playing H3. Forgot how nasty it was. Remember that screenshot i took of you in snipe corner on narrows with a mauler? lol.

My favorite Halo memories in no specific order are my one and only event Columbus 2011 (if only I had went one year later), lanning on wednesday night in Grand Rapids, then driving to Battle Creek to lan on thursday night, then driving to Columbus friday morning. I failed at being the navigator and fell asleep so we missed a key exit on the highway. We got knocked out 2-1 in a game we should of won against a team that finished top 30, then lost a few rounds later in losers 2-1 to a team we should of beat. Also I got to meet up with some of my best non local friends during the Halo 3 days at that event. It really was one of the most fun times ive ever had. Some of the coolest people I've ever met and been able to play with for sure.

And my other favorite memories are from all the lans ive been to in michigan. Such a great community here that I wish I would have been more active in during Halo 3. Lets see, lreaction's lans for reach with walshy there were awesome. My best overkill ever on zealot slayer ended with a sniper headshot on walshy, but wasn't on my xbox and was an offline account of course.

Lets see what else... GVSU lan at i think squintz? house maybe. Everyone gave up on reach and we started playing H1 4s. It was a LOLFest. And 1v1ing lreaction in reach sanctuary i was hitting every snipe and made an epic comeback to tie it at 14 in the last seconds.

i cant think of anything else atm. 

oh yeah and my first ever gamebattles match beginning of H3 maybe version 4. It was me and my two best friends irl and another kid we met online as a team. We are all god awful at the time and first match we play against Ambush just coming off a 7th place finish which was Eli the ninja, Snipedown, Silent, and Gunshot. Eli and gunshot were my absolute favorite montage makers in Halo 2 as well. And they asked us if we just wanted to forfeit. Long story short, we didnt forfeit and we're in the Str8 Rippin montage. 

ok so im I HAYWIRE I. I just want to point out how lucky he got here. I get hit by a bank shot and then his plasma nade goes through the hole in the wall and lands at my feet in cuts. WTF BUNGIE. Nothing i could do there. My friend on the other hand who doesn't land a shot...

and also the str8 rippin montage was so hyped up when it came out, i remember me and my friend were sitting at his house waiting for it to be uploaded the day it was supposed to come out. Good times

haha yeah bro I remember when you took that picture. It was like some trend or something with pictures that you put as your description lmaooo I put it in my fileshare and kept it there forever <3

offtopic there's a lan a little south of the michigan border by about an hour i would guess at the beginning of October, ill be there with a buddy if you wanna go i wanna lan with you bro, and if that LAN goes good we were considering possibly trying to go to AGL indy and might need 2 others 

the first pro I played with was Eli the Ninja in Halo 2 when he was a pro FFA player & was teaming with Smoltz and two other's I can't remember. We randomly got a 1 game scrim against them in this online tournament that we signed up to from a forum, i think it may have been H2F (halo2forum) i can't remember, or some HoC nugggaaa. anyway i was super nervous and was like 14 so it was a pretty big deal for 1 game on Midship TS. I think I may have gotten like 9 kills or something, it was disappointing because I just knew I wasn't as good when I was younger lolll but I tried it was still a pretty cool experience 

Oh crap, how could I forget Columbus 2012!? The only live event I've been too, and definitely the best experience since I got to meet a lot of my friends from XBL and hang out with them that same weekend..

i had this grenade i threw that I thought was awesome but everyone didn't think it was as cool as i did lmao 

edit ---

and also this is my friends really old Halo 2 montage (Aft3RShocK) 

@4:35 I get the sickest 1v1 snipe on him ever for no reason lul

i had this grenade i threw that I thought was awesome but everyone didn't think it was as cool as i did lmao 

I had the same thing happen to me in H4; my grenade deflected off the body of someone I just killed and killed another player, which won me the match. Pretty satisfying, even if it was lucky.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One time I was playing with Fershetta, Arpus, and somebody else. These kids beat us on some moronic Terminal gametype, and there was post-lobby shit talk going on. 

And this kid on the other team starts stringing together insults...and just keeps going. And going. And going...and GOING. 

He only paused to breathe. It literally went on for 45 minutes straight...and that's when I had to turn off my box. 

It was absolutely glorious. 

That sounds exactly like my buddy Jesse, he used to call the post game lobby in Halo 2 "the second game." He said whoever left first from the barrage of shit talk was the real loser - regardless of who won the match.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That sounds exactly like my buddy Jesse, he used to call the post game lobby in Halo 2 "the second game." He said whoever left first from the barrage of shit talk was the real loser - regardless of who won the match.

Ironically, Fershetta's name is Jesse. lol