Sign in to follow this  
purely fat

Beacon

Well, I am not going to get into to much detail about this map. The majority of the time I design a map like this the forging doesn't usually work out. This happens to be one of the rare occasions when my fatness did not stop me from working on it. Also, if you are going to complain about falling off that is not actual feedback. That is you lacking awareness and being a nub. I say this because if that happens to be the only piece of feedback you have. Do not even bother saying anything. 

Gametypes: TS, EXT, KOTH.

Weapons:

Sniper

Sticky Det

OS

AR

SR

DMR

Carbine

LR

Suppressor

Frag

Plasma

Pulse

Pics:

mz8z.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

zedv.jpg

n9zk.jpg

kp4t.jpg

yerl.jpg

bfms.jpg

4k9j.jpg

Map Download: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/purely%20fat/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0

• Upvote (+1) 2

This map looks like a pokemon.  ;)

Did you change anything since we played it?

I think you should throw up an overview picture, but that's just me.  I always want to see more images.  Did you put ovy on the top level? 

WAIT... where are the trees we discussed? 

I don't like it. I hate when I'm shooting a guy, and I fall off the map. It reminds me of The Cage.

There is only 1 little part of that map where there isn't a rail so I don't really understand this. Maybe bad map movement?

OT: I like the layout and aesthetics but feel that you need to clean up some portions of the map, I will download and go into more detail later.

There is only 1 little part of that map where there isn't a rail so I don't really understand this. Maybe bad map movement?

OT: I like the layout and aesthetics but feel that you need to clean up some portions of the map, I will download and go into more detail later.

Cage had rails.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with Korlash. Just phase the crates. Make them pretty. :)

In the 5th screenshot which shows blue base, you have walls covering part of the base and then a small gap that players inside can shoot out of.

I would suggest removing the walls at the top and maybe even the ones at the bottom. I think players inside the base would have an unfair advantage because of all the cover there. Chucking a nade through that gap isn't exactly as easy as far as throwing grenades go.

That area also appears to be rather powerful because of its height advantage and one shouldn't put too much cover in a power position.

Keep in mind though that I'm only looking at the screenshots of the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with Korlash. Just phase the crates. Make them pretty. :)

In the 5th screenshot which shows blue base, you have walls covering part of the base and then a small gap that players inside can shoot out of.

I would suggest removing the walls at the top and maybe even the ones at the bottom. I think players inside the base would have an unfair advantage because of all the cover there. Chucking a nade through that gap isn't exactly as easy as far as throwing grenades go.

That area also appears to be rather powerful because of its height advantage and one shouldn't put too much cover in a power position.

Keep in mind though that I'm only looking at the screenshots of the map.

First, I made the crates like that to make them look like on purpose. I did not want them to appear forgy. I wanted them appear as if they were thrown there.

The blue base was originally open ,and because of this the blue base was almost completely useless because there are three positions higher than blue. Blue is actually the easiest place on the map for a team to attack because the lack of safe ways out of the base. Thank you for the feedback and I really hope you can get a game on this and give me some more feedback.

P.S. max and ben keep the trolling coming this thread would not be complete otherwise.

Yep. That is exactly what I was stating in that post, go back and read?

Please do not

de-rail

the thread. Thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 3