• No Sprint
    • Sprint
  2. 2. De-scoping or No Descoping+Flinch for Halo 5

• De-scoping
    • No De-scoping + Flinch
  3. 3. Dropping Flag for Halo 5

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Kill Marker over Flag Carriers Skull for Halo 5?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Worst Halo game thus far

• Halo CE
    • Halo 2
    • Halo 3
    • Halo Reach (ZBNS)
    • Halo 4

They've been in dev for like 2 years, H5 drops next year lol. 

2 years ago they were working on H4. :/

Why would you pus ZBNS from reach, but not the competitive settings from H4? O.o

Default H4 < ZBNS but Halo 4 competitive settings > Reach ZBNS imo

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For me random/personal ordnance kills default H4 compared to Reach. At launch H4 couldn't even be called an arena shooter as far as I'm concerned, at least Reach still had weapons spawn at regular intervals around the map.

The thing in the poll that actually interests me is CTF stuff. I'd much prefer no waypoint over the flag carrier to return over flag juggling. I hate auto pick-up for the flag, but I don't mind having to commit to a flag run once you decide to pick it up. The waypoint in my opinion is what completely changes the way CTF is played for the worse. I'd be fine with everything returning to the classic way, I just hate the waypoint more than anything in H4 CTF.

Why would you pus ZBNS from reach, but not the competitive settings from H4? O.o

I will only use things I view as positive aspects of each game to support my argument. Its close but the pros for Reach v7 are weapons on map (not world ordinance), de-scope, no flinch, no sprint, armor abilities on map, flag juggling, no waypoint on flag, assault, and competitive oddball/ KoTH that work. V4 has a 4sk BR, extraction, maybe better maps (arguable), ... I'm drawing blanks. But if I left off some pros for H4 (or Reach) feel free to remind me. Reach v7 did the bare minimum as a follow up to CE-H3's competitive multiplayer and I still think it is better than H4 v4. Don't get me wrong. I do think H4 has come a long way and is passable, but if we are comparing it to past games, it doesn't quite measure up.

H1> H2 post patch> Halo 1 PC> Halo 2 vista> ZBNS Reach> H2 pre-patch> Halo 3 post patch> Halo 4 post patch> Halo 3 pre-patch> Halo 4 pre-patch> Halo 2 SMG starts> Halo Reach post-patch> Halo 3 AR starts> Halo Reach pre-patch> Halo Reach pre-patch AR starts

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will only use things I view as positive aspects of each game to support my argument. Its close but the pros for Reach v7 are weapons on map (not world ordinance), de-scope, no flinch, no sprint, armor abilities on map, flag juggling, no waypoint on flag, assault, and competitive oddball/ KoTH that work. V4 has a 4sk BR, extraction, maybe better maps (arguable), ... I'm drawing blanks. But if I left off some pros for H4 (or Reach) feel free to remind me. Reach v7 did the bare minimum as a follow up to CE-H3's competitive multiplayer and I still think it is better than H4 v4. Don't get me wrong. I do think H4 has come a long way and is passable, but if we are comparing it to past games, it doesn't quite measure up.

You dont have to point out the obvious descope, flag drop, no sprint etc. I just have more fun playing Halo 4 if it is competitive settings. Sure it would be A LOT better if the default game wasnt  :trash:  and we had the above things but we don't, so i didn't really factor that in. 

It just seemed like the poll was set up for people to vote Halo 4 as the worst Halo because of the ZBNS option rather than default reach. 

H1> H2 post patch> Halo 1 PC> Halo 2 vista> ZBNS Reach> H2 pre-patch> Halo 3 post patch> Halo 4 post patch> Halo 3 pre-patch> Halo 4 pre-patch> Halo 2 SMG starts> Halo Reach post-patch> Halo 3 AR starts> Halo Reach pre-patch> Halo Reach pre-patch AR starts

H2 Vista over reach v7?

H2 pre patch over all of h3,4,and reach?

H2 SMG starts over Post Patch Reach?

I think you are forgetting how truly fucking awful H2 was at its worst. You'd take SMG starts on Coagulation over Super Slayer or BTB in Post Patch Reach? You'd take Plasma Rifle starts on Midship over V7 Reach? You must be high, dude. H2 sucked a butt until that patch, and SMG starts never stopped sucking said butt.

H2 Vista over reach v7?

Vista is Post patch Halo 2 on PC. So yes.

H2 pre patch over all of h3,4,and reach?

For BR starts, yes. It was Halo 3, but with hitscan, button combos, Good strafing, low emphasis on melee, and better maps than Halo 3. 

H2 SMG starts over Post Patch Reach?

Post patch Reach still had bloom and Armor abilities. I would rather play SMG starts than Armor Lock/Jetpack starts, because at least you can pick up a Carbine/BR. You can't make them drop AAs. 

I think you are forgetting how truly fucking awful H2 was at its worst. You'd take SMG starts on Coagulation over Super Slayer or BTB in Post Patch Reach? You'd take Plasma Rifle starts on Midship over V7 Reach? You must be high, dude. H2 sucked a butt until that patch, and SMG starts never stopped sucking said butt.

When I said pre-patch, I was talking about BR starts pre-patch. Thus why I made a second thing for SMG starts. I was also only talking about 4v4, making your BTB comments pointless. 

Bold

ZBNS > Halo 4 (any version of it) imo. Reach's core mechanics alone >>> H4.

I despised Reach, but since it had descope, flag dropping and other parts of the typical halo formula, it is a clear winner over H4.

H5 will probably suck, but I hope it doesn't.

ZBNS > Halo 4 (any version of it) imo. Reach's core mechanics alone >>> H4.

Movement in Reach was awful. Strafing, jumping, walking in general (even with 120% move, 125% jump, 200% grav). The ONLY thing better in H4 though... -_-

I know they are trying to reinvent the game but maybe we can make them try something that has already been proven successful. 

If they "know what to do" like we've been told, they won't be reinventing very much.

Truth

I would put Halo 3 ahead of Halo 2 pre-patch.

Debatable. Halo 3 gameplay may have been a sliver better, but the maps were not nearly as good IMO.

Debatable. Halo 3 gameplay may have been a sliver better, but the maps were not nearly as good IMO.

I still wonder where Halo 5 will be? If 343 does a good job which place should it get?

I think I might put V4 Throwdown where you have Halo 4 post patch but I definatley think any vanilla Halo 4 (infinity) is worse than Halo Reach post-patch and is arguabley worse than Reach pre-patch, but it's a close call. Other than that, some things might be more = than > but I more or less agree.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would put Halo 3 ahead of Halo 2 pre-patch.

I like to look at all the games when they are in their best stage. Since Sprint isn't going anywhere and De-scoping has been confirmed not to come in Halo 4 then I doubt the game will improve a lot but that is just me. 

Why even make this poll? The answer is obvious. 

OBVIOUSLY NOT ENOUGH BECAUSE IF IT WAS WE WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION BECAUSE WE WOULD HAVE WHAT WE WANT AND THE GAME WOULD ACTUALLY BE GOOD xD

Completely agree that the poll is beating a dead horse, but now certainly is the best time to voice our opinions (they are probably founding multiplayer ideas as we speak).

So I'll accept it :)

I like to look at all the games when they are in their best stage. Since Sprint isn't going anywhere and De-scoping has been confirmed not to come in Halo 4 then I doubt the game will improve a lot but that is just me.

huh?