Proven

UFC/Boxing/General Brawling Thread

and whys that? it was more entertaining than expected, and conor actually looked decent minus the hammer punches but its just instinct lol. He got gassed, and was fucked up by floyd in round 9 which caused him to lose round 10.

• Upvote (+1) 1

and whys that? it was more entertaining than expected, and conor actually looked decent minus the hammer punches but its just instinct lol. He got gassed, and was fucked up by floyd in round 9 which caused him to lose round 10.

the only reason it was entertaining was because Mayweather allowed it to be entertaining. the fact that it was so obvious is why it felt so fucking stupid.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"That fight was way more entertaining than I expected!"

That fight was on-script to the letter.

Everyone comes out of the woodwork to talk a big game once the fight is over. Get out of here mate, probably the second fight you've ever watched

Anyway congrats to Floyd. I don't think Conor was nearly as adventurous as he could've been. I was really hoping he'd come in with a massively wide stance and fight as long and as slow as possible. But in the end he just tried to box the boxer and got put away

Still took 10 rounds to put away a supposed novice though

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still took 10 rounds to put away a supposed novice though

I think this is more down to Mayweather's strategy than Conor's toughness. Obviously he is a really tough guy but Floyd wasn't really giving him much for the early rounds. He was just waiting for him to tire out and as soon as that happened he opened up on him. Mayweather didn't even look like he was breathing too hard by the end of it, McGregor looked exhausted.

It's just dumb because both are incredible at what they do but put them together like this and of course the pro boxer will come out on top. I'd love to see Floyd do an MMA rematch but the guy isn't stupid.

I think this is more down to Mayweather's strategy than Conor's toughness. Obviously he is a really tough guy but Floyd wasn't really giving him much for the early rounds. He was just waiting for him to tire out and as soon as that happened he opened up on him. Mayweather didn't even look like he was breathing too hard by the end of it, McGregor looked exhausted.

It's just dumb because both are incredible at what they do but put them together like this and of course the pro boxer will come out on top. I'd love to see Floyd do an MMA rematch but the guy isn't stupid.

Obviously the gameplan was to take Conor into the deep end and tire him out, I just think it's funny how people act as if Floyd did that out of choice. If the fight was really, truly as easy as some people are making it out to be it would've been over within 6

http://i.imgur.com/SEzvGpw.gifv

You don't take shots like that for the fun of it. Clearly it was a few millimetres shy of being massively significant, but you're fooling yourself if you think Floyd was aware of that

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everyone comes out of the woodwork to talk a big game once the fight is over.

What?

That fight went precisely as most people knew it would. 

McGregor comes out hard.

Mayweather just eludes.

McGregor gets gassed and hugs up.

Mayweather toys with him.

Controversial finish with McGregor getting saved.

Neither contestant takes any real damage.

Neither of these guys had any reason to make this a "real" fight. Mayweather is retired and undefeated, McGregor is out of his element, and they were both already getting paid lottery-size checks.

I don't know what people were expecting if not exactly what happened. 

Obviously the gameplan was to take Conor into the deep end and tire him out, I just think it's funny how people act as if Floyd did that out of choice. If the fight was really, truly as easy as some people are making it out to be it would've been over within 6

http://i.imgur.com/SEzvGpw.gifv

You don't take shots like that for the fun of it. Clearly it was a few millimetres shy of being massively significant, but you're fooling yourself if you think Floyd was aware of that

oh god all the mcgregor butt boys are going to carry that first round uppercut to their graves

Anyone discrediting Conor after that fight, go fuck yourself.

Mayweather should have been able to beat McGregor with one armed tied behind his back, based on the skill gap. McGregor shouldn't have landed more than 10 punches, max.

Aug. 26 - The night a 0-0 boxer out-landed Manny Pacquiao against arguably the greatest defensive boxer of all time. Incredible, especially after hearing for months how McGregor didn't even deserve to be in the ring with an amateur, let alone Floyd Mayweather.

Historic night. Historic fight.

Aug. 26 - The night a 0-0 boxer out-landed Manny Pacquiao against arguably the greatest defensive boxer of all time.

lol so you're essentially suggesting that McGregor could beat Pacquiao 

lol so you're essentially suggesting that McGregor could beat Pacquiao 

Not at all. Styles make fights. Merely pointing out that Conor did better than a world-championship level boxer.

But, after seeing the Floyd fight I'd expect McGregor to put up a good fight against Manny (He's pretty much shot at this point). If he can land punches against Floyd, he can land punches against Manny.

What should have happened to Conor McGregor:

jpuh7c_jpg.gif

The fact that Floyd was unable to do this to McGregor amazed me. Conor actually stood in the pocket, landing punches, slipping punches, taking punches with 'the best ever'.

It was an incredible effort for someone making his pro boxing debut.

Was nice to see Mayweather not use the Philly Shell. 

Dipped in with his head and hands all night. 

The amount of low shots and hits to the back of the head in that are the best parts. 

'But Mayweather was letting McGregor hit him'.

nobody worth their salt is saying anything like that, but anyone who knows anything about Mayweather's past fights knows that he was shelling & pressuring more than usual. like aggressively pressuring. that's why the whole "mcgregor landed more punches than pacquiao" statistic sounds nice, but is also not the best measuring stick to actually take out of this fight. you know as well as i do that not all punches are created equal, & that's not to say mcgregor didn't land some really solid shots throughout the bout, because he did, but we're comparing apples to oranges in regards to may/mac vs may/pac.

at the end of the day, & after rewatching the bout, i can say that i was impressed w/ mcgregor & the fight was way more entertaining than expected, but it was still not competitive. now let's just hope Dana & co will be willing to cough up the right amount of $$$ to get mcgregor back into the octagon at least a couple more times.