Proven

UFC/Boxing/General Brawling Thread

I'm being an idiot? Lol ok. Says the guy who can't understand the clinching aspect of MMA. Right. If he was truly "walking away like a fuckin goof" then he would've lost the fight. Instead, outside of the third round, Nate was getting pieced left and right and got dropped like a sack of potatoes several times.

No one is justifying anything, I'm simply explaining the aspect that keeps people from running that everyone seems to bitch about. If you were personally in the ring with Nate Diaz, I can guarantee you wouldn't just be standing in front of him like an idiot and getting your face pushed in. Unfortunately, people tend to NOT want their faces looking like Nate's after that fight. Like I said, if it were boxing, sure you would have a case. But we're not going to pretend like we both didn't see the fight and Nate getting his ass beat in Rounds 1 and 2. Again, no one is JUSTIFYING anything, I was literally just explaining what people do to keep people from running. Fortunately, this is MMA, not Boxing. So you can use other tools besides your fists.

If you're legitimately arguing anything I'm saying, you must have just started watching MMA. No, not the UFC. MMA. I can't believe I'm even having this discussion lmao. I honestly believe you get exactly what I'm saying, but you're just arguing with me just to argue.

I'm being an idiot? Lol ok. Says the guy who can't understand the clinching aspect of MMA. Right. If he was truly "walking away like a fuckin goof" then he would've lost the fight. Instead, outside of the third round, Nate was getting pieced left and right and got dropped like a sack of potatoes several times.

No one is justifying anything, I'm simply explaining the aspect that keeps people from running, that everyone seems to bitch about. If you were personally in the ring with Nate Diaz, I can guarantee you wouldn't just be standing in front of him like an idiot and getting your face pushed in. Unfortunately, people tend to NOT want their faces looking like Nate's after that fight. Like I said, if it were boxing, sure you would have a case. But we're not going to pretend like we both didn't see the fight and Nate getting his ass beat in Rounds 1 and 2. Again, no one is JUSTIFYING anything, I was literally just explaining what people do to keep people from running. Fortunately, this is MMA, not Boxing. So you can use other tools besides your fists.

If you're legitimately arguing anything I'm saying, you must have just started watching MMA. No, not the UFC. MMA. I can't believe I'm even having this discussion lmao. I honestly believe you get exactly what I'm saying, but you're just arguing with me just to argue.

you sound like someone who only watched the fight once & half paid attention

I just thought it was funny Diaz nuthuggers were so quick to post that picture but ignore the 3 times Nate got put on his butt from Conor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No. That's not how the UFC works

"That's not how the UFC works." 

Ah, okay, now I realize why I'm having pointless arguments.

you sound like someone who only watched the fight once & half paid attention

Considering I was the first person to come in here and breakdown the fight, that you personally responded to and changed your thought process as well, that's an ignorant assumption. But you know, details. Carry on being salty that Diaz lost. It's weird as hell because you're talking to a Diaz bros fan since Nick has been fighting in the WEC. But seeing as your fighting knowledge is rather limited I wouldn't expect you guys to know that. You can't take a simple critique on fighting without getting salty "Hurr, McGregor sux, he ran!"

"That's not how the UFC works."

Ah, okay, now I realize why I'm having pointless arguments.

Considering I was the first person to come in here and breakdown the fight, that you personally responded to and changed your thought process as well, that's an ignorant assumption. But you know, details. Carry on being salty that Diaz lost. It's weird as hell. because you're talking to a Diaz bros fan since Nick has been fighting in the WEC. But seeing as your fighting knowledge is rather limited I wouldn't expect you guys to know that. You can't take a simple critique on fighting without getting salty "Hurr, McGregor sux, he ran!"

I'm saying. The UFC is rigged. Not the fight. But it always seems like the refs are more lenient on the star or the champ. Same with the judges

I'm saying. The UFC is rigged. Not the fight. But it always seems like the refs are more lenient on the star or the champ. Same with the judges

Oh yeah, there's rigging in every sport. I won't deny that for a second. Kinda aside from the point I was making though, and I don't think this fight in particular was rigged.

Oh yeah, there's rigging in every sport. I won't deny that for a second. Kinda aside from the point I was making though, and I don't think this fight in particular was rigged.

You talked about how McGregor should've lost for walking away. But didn't get any points deducted.

That's why I said "that's not how the UFC works"

Sorry. I'm being lazy with this lol

If the UFC wants to step it up. They need to start changing the rules.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You talked about how McGregor should've lost for walking away. But didn't get any points deducted.

That's why I said "that's not how the UFC works"

Sorry. I'm being lazy with this lol

If the UFC wants to step it up. They need to start changing the rules.

Oh okay! Now that makes a ton more sense. I thought you were referring to the dumbass grappling argument I was having lol. But yeah, Nate Diaz was walking forward most of the fight, but Conor landed a ton of counter shots throughout that entire fight, not to mention the knockdowns. I do think there could be some adjustments as far as ring control scoring though.

Nate Diaz is borderline ********. He can barely put together a sentence. His brain costs him the majority of his fights.

It's also one of the leading reasons I don't think he gets knocked out, there's almost zero brain function to shut down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's also one of the leading reasons I don't think he gets knocked out, there's almost zero brain function to shut down.

I don't know what it is about Nate, but he just eats punishment like it's nothing. Take the Diaz vs Rory MacDonald fight for example back in like 2011. Dude was just getting his ass beat consistently and still hanging in there. Any normal human would've been done after like the third suplex in about 2 minutes.

Nate Diaz is borderline ********. He can barely put together a sentence. His brain costs him the majority of his fights.

Everytime is see Nate fight this is what he reminds me of

Z6DgoSo.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

hopefully Nate lends some of that 2mil to his bro so he can pay off the rest of that stupid fine

The NSAC wouldn't let him corner Nate because he still owed them $75,000.

GSP vs Nick Diaz 2 doesn't need to happen. GSP would just man handle him with wrestling like he does all of his opponents

I hope GSP has been working on his boxing and kickboxing. Mixes it up a lot more.