Proven

UFC/Boxing/General Brawling Thread

UFC 202, starting from the early prelims was one of the best cards I've seen in recent memory.

Neil Magny is a great fighter but Lorenz Larkins absolutely ATE him with those leg kicks and stopped him in dominating fashion. I was actually shocked at this fight, Neil fights dudes bigger than him all the time but he got decimated this time.

Cody No Love is absolutely ridiculous. I was a big fan of Thomas Almeida in the BW division and I had never heard of him honestly until he fought Almeida, but the dude is a monster! You definitely can't deny this guys' skills.

Colby Covington beat the sleeves off of Max Griffin.

Rumble, man... I called this one, the day I heard this fight announced. You don't simply "call out" Rumble. You're asking to get your head knocked clean off your shoulders. God damn this dude is too strong, there was honestly no reason for him to have ever been at 170.

The new guy, Mike Perry.. I'm definitely watching this dude from now on. That quote killed me! "I'm a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu, but I'm a black belt with these hands!"  :laughing:  :laughing:  Lmfao. Every fight of his is also a KO. That's ridiculous.

Cowboy landed one of the best combinations I've ever seen in MMA to date on Story. That was pure artistry. Idk why he wants to go back to 155, he needs to stay at 170.

Finally, Diaz v McGregor. I can definitely see why a lot of people had mix of opinions, but I think people seem to forget about MMA is that it's round based, not who got more strikes by the end of the fight. McGregor honestly could have 10-8'd him in the first round with the knockdown and the dominance. I gave McGregor Round 2 as well simply because Nate didn't do anything until the end. Everyone knows Nate damn near stopped him in Round 3. But it wasn't a 10-8 imo, because he didn't get knocked down at all. I gave McGregor round 4 as well simply due to him having more significant strikes and that takedown defense. Nate for round 5. It was a close fight for sure, tough, but I agree with that majority decision.

Watching the fight again right now. In the heat of the drunken moment I did give Nate a 10-8 for round 3, but now I definitely see it as a 10-9. Round 4 was really really really close imo. I can see why there is some controversy over round 2, but Nate getting dropped TWICE early was the deciding factor for me.

Seriously such an awesome fight. Everyone is a winner.

Watching the fight again right now. In the heat of the drunken moment I did give Nate a 10-8 for round 3, but now I definitely see it as a 10-9. Round 4 was really really really close imo. I can see why there is some controversy over round 2, but Nate getting dropped TWICE early was the deciding factor for me.

Seriously such an awesome fight. Everyone is a winner.

Yeah man it was a war. This card was hands down light years better than 200 could've ever been.

That fight was stressing me tf out though lol. Especially at the end of round 3. Literally had no clue what was going to happen.

Yeah man it was a war. This card was hands down light years better than 200 could've ever been.

That fight was stressing me tf out though lol. Especially at the end of round 3. Literally had no clue what was going to happen.

my friend & i were getting so animated as the fight went on. I haven't had this much fun watching an event in long ass time. The prelims were up & down, w/ really high highs & really low lows, but holy fuck that main card flipped a goddamn switch & went into hyperdrive.

Nate will now easily be able to pull 750,000+ buys on his own. His star power has skyrocketed since these fights with Conor. The 'not surprised' line is everywhere these days. Nice to see an OG like Diaz getting the attention.

I'd like to see him fight Lawler next - I think it's a very winnable fight for him at this point and, again, it would pull in PPV buys easily.

As for Conor, proved he has the heart and endurance to last 5 rounds against one of the toughest, most durable fighters in the sport. I honestly think Conor would have floored and KO'd many WW's with those shots he landed on Nate - but I think LW will be a great weight class for him.

Also, Conor became the first fighter to stand toe-to-toe with a Diaz brother and win the fight. One does not simply stand and bang with Diaz and win. Mad props.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Let's not forget that Nate Diaz is a fringe top 10/top 15 lightweight

"Stand and bang" aka walking away from your opponent w/ your hands on your hips while gawking at the clock

Let's not forget that Nate Diaz is a fringe top 10/top 15 lightweight

"Stand and bang" aka walking away from your opponent w/ your hands on your hips while gawking at the clock

Nate is actually ranked as the No. 4 lightweight in the world and has the tools to beat current champ Eddie Alvarez. Fringe top 15, lol.

Stephen Thompson turns and jogs away to reset in the centre of the cage all the time. Plenty of fighters do it. Now, If McGregor was doing that and then tapping Nate on the leg and running away again (see, Carlos Condit) I would agree with you. That's not what he did though. He turned away, reset in the centre and then proceeded to bang it out with him. For 5 rounds. It was very much a stand and bang fight. Only a complete idiot would suggest otherwise.

Carry on hating though, it is your colour.

Nate is actually ranked as the No. 4 lightweight in the world and has the tools to beat current champ Eddie Alvarez. Fringe top 15, lol.

Stephen Thompson turns and jogs away to reset in the centre of the cage all the time. Plenty of fighters do it. Now, If McGregor was doing that and then tapping Nate on the leg and running away again (see, Carlos Condit) I would agree with you. That's not what he did though. He turned away, reset in the centre and then proceeded to bang it out with him. For 5 rounds. It was very much a stand and bang fight. Only a complete idiot would suggest otherwise.

You just like Nate because you're both vegan lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

you're even dumber than I thought if you take nate's ufc ranking as legitimate & not just a ploy to make these last two fights seen more legitimate to the general public.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Way to over hype nate Diaz. Diaz isn't a top 10 light weight

This is nate we're talking about. Not Nick.

McGregor wouldn't last in the WW division . There are guys who hit A LOT harder than Nate in the WW division. They're bigger, stronger. McGregor wouldn't have a chance.

McGregor wouldn't last in the WW division . There are guys who hit A LOT harder than Nate in the WW division. They're bigger, stronger. McGregor wouldn't have a chance.

It's painfully obvious McGregor just isn't meant to carry himself at 170 either. I expected him to come in with much better endurance and cardio, and I thought he was actually being a lot more patient in his striking with the leg kicks and counter punching instead of going all out like in the first match and he still gassed himself by the end of the second round.

you're even dumber than I thought if you take nate's ufc ranking as legitimate & not just a ploy to make these last two fights seen more legitimate to the general public.

Fair chance Nate Diaz beats Eddie Alvarez right now. Yes, no? If you agree, then you agree with the UFC rankings. 5 round fight, I pick Nate to beat UFC champion, lightweight No. 1 Eddie Alvarez. And so do you, if you think about the fight logically and stylistically. 

WastefulImperturbableDore-size_restricte

Great gif.

Shame you're a hater of both Diaz and McG. 

He's ranked as the No. 4 lightweight in the world - look it up. You don't think Nate has a GOOD chance to beat UFC lightweight champ Eddie Alvarez? Did you pick RDA to smash Alvarez, by any chance?

Nick hasn't won a fight since 2011. Still an OG though and I prefer him to Nate. 

LW top 15 rankings:

1 Khabib Nurmagomedov 

2 Rafael Dos Anjos 

3 Tony Ferguson 

4 Nate Diaz 

5 Edson Barboza 

6 Donald Cerrone 

7 Anthony Pettis 

8 Dustin Poirier 

9 Michael Chiesa 

10 Michael Johnson 

11 Beneil Dariush 

12 Will Brooks 

13 Al Iaquinta 

14 Gilbert Melendez 

15 Rashid Magomedov 

Which fighters, below the #4 mark, do you think beat Nate Diaz? I also think, stylistically, he's a terrible matchup for Ferguson in a 5 rounder. Probly beats him.

Fair chance Nate Diaz beats Eddie Alvarez right now. Yes, no? If you agree, then you agree with the UFC rankings. 5 round fight, I pick Nate to beat UFC champion, lightweight No. 1 Eddie Alvarez. And so do you, if you think about the fight logically and stylistically.

Great gif.

Shame you're a hater of both Diaz and McG.

He's ranked as the No. 4 lightweight in the world - look it up. You don't think Nate has a GOOD chance to beat UFC lightweight champ Eddie Alvarez? Did you pick RDA to smash Alvarez, by any chance?

Nick hasn't won a fight since 2011. Still an OG though and I prefer him to Nate.

LW top 15 rankings:

1 Khabib Nurmagomedov

2 Rafael Dos Anjos

3 Tony Ferguson

4 Nate Diaz

5 Edson Barboza

6 Donald Cerrone

7 Anthony Pettis

8 Dustin Poirier

9 Michael Chiesa

10 Michael Johnson

11 Beneil Dariush

12 Will Brooks

13 Al Iaquinta

14 Gilbert Melendez

15 Rashid Magomedov

Which fighters, below the #4 mark, do you think beat Nate Diaz? I also think, stylistically, he's a terrible matchup for Ferguson in a 5 rounder. Probly beats him.

UFC is a big joke now.

Been watching MMA for about a decade.

Nate is inconsistent. Doesn't matter if you think he's going to win. He could still lose even if he's supposed to win.

There's a reason why Nate is 20-11

He can pull off the upsets, but yes Alvarez is the better fighter. Nate isn't top 5. I could care less about those rankings. They're dumb as fuck.

After watching Alvarez vs Huerta. I thought he would be a future UFC champ. Was disappointed with his performances after that fight. But he is the champ now so

Seems silly everyone wants to bash Conor for walking away but Nate did nothing to stop Conor from doing it.

He walked forward... What else is supposed to do? Run at him?

He walked forward... What else is supposed to do? Run at him?

Jiu Jistu grappling and clinching tend to do the trick sometimes.  ;)

In fact, every incident in which Nate actually DID that, he started winning exchanges, i.e. the end of the 3rd round. When he stood there and tried to strike, he was losing; hence why he lost.

Jiu Jistu grappling and clinching tend to do the trick sometimes. ;)

In fact, every incident in which Nate actually DID that, he started winning exchanges, i.e. the end of the 3rd round. When he stood there and tried to strike, he was losing; hence why he lost.

Well you can't clinch a guy who's walking away from you. I'm just talking about the gif example itself.

Well you can't clinch a guy who's walking away from you. I'm just talking about the gif example itself.

Well yeah in the gif, but that was like 6 seconds lol. I was just speaking in general. And you were replying to someone in reference to how you can stop him.

lol. go home.

You act as if what I say, literally, didn't happen in the fight lol. Go watch the third after he had him against the cage. Conor couldn't go anywhere and Nate proceeded to beat the sleeves off of him.

You act as if it should literally be easy to hold an elite fighter in the clinch for 5min at a time

To me after McGregor rattled Diaz's leg with those kicks and it was wobbly it felt as if Diaz shouldn't have had the ability to lock his legs as well to hold McGregor there. But I'm also not an MMA fighter so I could be greatly overestimating how much of a toll those kicks took, McGregor's strength, or greatly underestimating Diaz's ability to weather them and still hold McGregor against the cage. Then again McGregor was pretty gassed at that point so it may have been a wash.

You act as if it should literally be easy to hold an elite fighter in the clinch for 5min at a time

No one said it was easy? I don't even see how this is a debate lol. How can people sit there and complain about someone "running" but refuse to acknowledge the fact that this isn't boxing and clinching, grappling, and wrestling are all legal. 

I didn't say it was easy, what I am saying, is that if you guys want someone to stop "running" the solution is to grapple/clinch. Simple. This isn't an argument lol. Nate Diaz has extremely good boxing, so your advice for Conor is to man up and just get punched in the face huh? Not sure how much MMA you watch man, but cut it out lol.