Proven

UFC/Boxing/General Brawling Thread

That was the most boring fight i have ever seen 

Woodley - Maia? Yeah that shit was trash lol.

That Jon Bones Jones head kick though!!!

kc7v7GL.png

That fight sucked but I thought Lawler vs Cerrone was great. I stopped ordering fights a long time ago with the last one I remember being GSP vs Penn. Still would catch random fights here and there but never order them. I think this fight got me back into it. While trash talk and bad blood makes things interesting, I walked out a huge fan of Cerrone. He seems like he loves what he does and was happy to have a good brawl with lawler.  He got rocked in the first 20 seconds a few times and somehow got his composure back. Round 3 when they touched gloves he looked like there was no other place on the earth he'd rather be than in that fight. 

Have done nothing but defend this man to the grave. No defending him now unfortunately. GOAT status has a big ass * next to it.

So, who's excited for McGregor to knock out Floyd?

All jokes aside if I was a betting man I would actually bet on McGregor, I don't bet on 40 year old boxers. Jordan when he was 40 got exposed in Washington.

But you bet on Non-boxers in a boxing match? 

This fight is still dumb. Only good outcome is an all out brawl. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

All jokes aside if I was a betting man I would actually bet on McGregor, I don't bet on 40 year old boxers. Jordan when he was 40 got exposed in Washington.

Everyone has a punchers chance regardless of the combat sport. I'd bet on Conor if I had some throw away money simply due to the odds.

But you bet on Non-boxers in a boxing match? 

This fight is still dumb. Only good outcome is an all out brawl. 

How does McGregor win all his fights? Standing up no?

You're literally insane, and that correlation between Jordan and McGregor is disrespectful man.

The correct comparison would be if a Canadian football league QB were to make his first NFL start in the super bowl against Tom Brady... in other words, he's got NO CHANCE... but if you were a betting man, which thankfully you aren't, you'd bet on Connor?!

You're literally insane, and that correlation between Jordan and McGregor is disrespectful man.

The correct comparison would be if a Canadian football league QB were to make his first NFL start in the super bowl against Tom Brady... in other words, he's got NO CHANCE... but if you were a betting man, which thankfully you aren't, you'd bet on Connor?!

Actually made the coorelation between jordan and floyd. Old and 40.

Also be very careful, Conor is much more in a Kurt warner position than a random Canadian Football League QB position.

bold prediction: you're gonna end up looking like a fucking moron come Saturday night

How? Worst case floyd defenses himself to a victory.

All he has to do is show up and he gets paid so I guess you can say he's getting the job done.

why though?

I won't deny that I'm riding the hype a little bit, but I've been unsure of Conor's chances a few times before (Mendes + both Diaz fights) so I'm not just a blind fanboy.

The main thing that has me backing him is that, for better or worse, he has 0 obligation to fight even remotely like a normal boxer. Some of the most difficult people I've ever sparred are the ones that just do the strangest shit with zero regard for form. Now if McGregor just went in swinging terrible haymakers then obviously he would get picked apart, but I really think he has an opportunity to get weird with how he comes at Floyd. And even though form is probably better than unpredictability over a whole career like Floyd's, I think it's enough to get big results in a once off.

As long as there's no contentious finish (eg. Mayweather vs Ortiz) and McGregor doesn't try to outbox him then I'll be satisfied whatever the outcome tbh

I won't deny that I'm riding the hype a little bit, but I've been unsure of Conor's chances a few times before (Mendes + both Diaz fights) so I'm not just a blind fanboy.

The main thing that has me backing him is that, for better or worse, he has 0 obligation to fight even remotely like a normal boxer. Some of the most difficult people I've ever sparred are the ones that just do the strangest shit with zero regard for form. Now if McGregor just went in swinging terrible haymakers then obviously he would get picked apart, but I really think he has an opportunity to get weird with how he comes at Floyd. And even though form is probably better than unpredictability over a whole career like Floyd's, I think it's enough to get big results in a once off.

As long as there's no contentious finish (eg. Mayweather vs Ortiz) and McGregor doesn't try to outbox him then I'll be satisfied whatever the outcome tbh

do you honestly believe Mayweather is not going to be able to systematically breakdown any "strangeness" McGregor might bring after a couple rounds? McGregor is going to show everything he has in his arsenal by the fourth round at the latest, & probably because he is going to try to win the fight within the only window he has. After that point I don't even know if McGregor would care about winning & will happily walk off into the sunset w/ his $30m check. I honestly don't even think McGregor is going to show Mayweather anything he hasn't already seen before. After that Mayweather will be playing w/ his food. This fight is going to come down to whether or not Mayweather allows McGregor to exhaust himself, opening up the KO opportunities in the latter half of the fight, or if he let's McGregor stay in it by just easily winning rounds w/o having to push a pace.