Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Halo: Reach Turns 3

Only 3? Feels like it's been longer than that. I agree with you though, I enjoyed that video as well.

I remember Reach only for it's amazing composition and the Falcon.

The multiplayer was the beginning of the cancer that destroyed this game franchise; from a multiplayer standpoint.

My favourite part of that Vidoc is "two men enter, the better one leaves, the lesser is respawning. THAT is Halo".

I guess that means Halo 4 isn't Halo then, because the lesser one is sprinting around corners and jet packing away, not respawning.

• Upvote (+1) 4

BTB was fun.

RIP Grenade Launcher.

Armor Lock can burn in hell.

I remember back on the ole' GAF days me and Cyren were on a team together for a tournaments of sorts, that was really fun.

I don't care what anyone said, Powerhouse was a good map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

NBNS Reach was absolutely amazing. It's a shame HalI 4 came out only 2 years after Reach. I would've loved to see NBNS for another year, and we all know the competition tends to peak during the 3rd year.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really the only way to describe my thoughts on Reach. Loved Beta, then hated Beta. Loved full game, then hated full game. 

Now I like it again and IDKWHY but I've bought this shit 4 times and still enjoy it. All I played for the first year were custom games though. Reach had so many amazing custom games and people were forging all the time. I can't think of a day I wasn't testing somebody's new map. I also really enjoyed the Anniversary DLC lists - probably the most fun I've had in Halo. 

The other day, I played Invasion Slayer on Boneyard with this blaring through my Rokit's. Just a bunch of randoms and guests relaxing and rolling around in creative ways at hills. That was some fun Halo. 

ZBNS was awesome. Reach's campaign was definitely one of the better ones in the Halo series, and I definitely love the vibe that it gave off.

I can only imagine what Reach's life cycle would have been like if it was released with ZBNS from the start.

Well along with other changes and some better maps, it would have been amazing IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

ZBNS was awesome. Reach's campaign was definitely one of the better ones in the Halo series, and I definitely love the vibe that it gave off.

I can only imagine what Reach's life cycle would have been like if it was released with ZBNS from the start.

Better than Halo4. 

Fact: It took me 1 month to get SR 130, took me 1 year to get inheritor. One simple reason why I kept playing. Longetvity is key in which Halo4 does not have any. 23K ppl playing right now http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/playlists

Halo Reach had well over that at their 1 year anniversary. Lets see where Halo4 stands in 2 months :lxthul: GG. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Better than Halo4. 

Fact: It took me 1 month to get SR 130, took me 1 year to get inheritor. One simple reason why I kept playing. Longetvity is key in which Halo4 does not have any. 23K ppl playing right now http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/playlists

Halo Reach had well over that at their 1 year anniversary. Lets see where Halo4 stands in 2 months :lxthul: GG. 

Playing Halo 3 right now and everyone I speak to in game chat (of course no one is in game chat in Halo 4 because everyone is playing for themselves) say that they quit H4 because it was either; Shit, or not competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Better than Halo4. 

Yup..

all hail v7

Another year and we would have rose up a bit higher...sigh

• Upvote (+1) 6

Always forget, Reach.

But for real v7 was dat shiz. This game really was not as horrible as it's reputation. That net code was sexually stimulating as was the shot registration, which was always a plus for the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo Reach has the same population as Halo 4, one game has been out for 3 years, the other for 1. Says it all really. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Video @ 5:34 is beautiful.

Bungie always made great vidocs about their Halo games and seeing so many familiar faces in that vidoc that worked in Halo2/3 makes me want to tear a bit.

Reach is my favorite Halo. It had some problems, but every Halo game did. Halo evolved with the new things in Reach, it's just a shame H4 took this evolution and twisted it sideways and rammed it up our asses. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It is kind of weird to think about how great that last v7 tournament was, but then MLG dropped us anyway and Halo 4 just kept the snowball rolling downhill.

Here's to Halo 5 not being terrible! 

Agreed, nothing will ever top Halo: Reach's ViDocs.

I personally enjoyed a good amount of Reach, however I will point out that I thought the DLC was very satisfactory.

Maps like Anchor 9, Highlands, and the Anniversary maps were fantastic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually got on Reach last week to play the Anniversary playlist and I enjoy it more than Halo 4 to be honest. If it wouldn't of taken us so long to get to NBNS it could of been great.

That MLG Columbus video always gives me chills at the end though....I really hope competitive Halo can at least get back to that point. I know we have it in us.