Wadliacha

What capture card should I get?

So I own a Youtube channel, and it hasn't been growing very well and I believe it is because of the quality of my videos.

At the moment I record with a bunch of cables connected to my camcorder that has an input module. The reason I record this way is because I don't have a computer anywhere near my Xbox, so it was my only option.

However, recently I have required a laptop from my brother. Basically, I want to know which capture card (One that has the best quality possible. Hauppage, Elgato, etc.) will work for this laptop. I would like to know if this laptop can handle the capture card and whether or not I would be able to stream to Twitch with it.

It is an hp g60-235wm 

Specs:

• AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor
  • Microprocessor Cache-2.10 GHz
  • Max Memory-4096MB
  • Video Graphics-NVIDIA GeForce 8200M
  • Hard Drive-250GB (5400RPM)
  • High speed 56k modem
  • External Ports

• 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
    • 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
    • 1 Headphone out
    • 1 microphone-in
    • 1 HDMI
    • 1 VGA (15-pin)
    • 1 RJ-11 (modem)
    • 1 RJ -45 (LAN)

Any answers would be really appreciated. 

Thanks!

Masterball... captures anything

lul that was gold

El Gato, Hauppage (however you spell it), just look around.

Oops, sorry I don't know why it posted this thread so many times..

No worries. 

So I own a Youtube channel, and it hasn't been growing very well and I believe it is because of the quality of my videos.

At the moment I record with a bunch of cables connected to my camcorder that has an input module. The reason I record this way is because I don't have a computer anywhere near my Xbox, so it was my only option.

However, recently I have required a laptop from my brother. Basically, I want to know which capture card (One that has the best quality possible. Hauppage, Elgato, etc.) will work for this laptop. I would like to know if this laptop can handle the capture card and whether or not I would be able to stream to Twitch with it.

It is an hp g60-235wm 

Specs:

• AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor
  • Microprocessor Cache-2.10 GHz
  • Max Memory-4096MB
  • Video Graphics-NVIDIA GeForce 8200M
  • Hard Drive-250GB (5400RPM)
  • High speed 56k modem
  • External Ports

• 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
    • 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
    • 1 Headphone out
    • 1 microphone-in
    • 1 HDMI
    • 1 VGA (15-pin)
    • 1 RJ-11 (modem)
    • 1 RJ -45 (LAN)

Any answers would be really appreciated. 

Thanks!

I use the Elgato Game Capture HD. I used to record with the HD PVR, but upgraded to the Elgato a month ago and I'm loving it. Great for live commentaries and live streaming as well! :D

AverMedua Live Gamer HD if u know how to open up a computer and put it in, or if u dont Elgato or HD PVR all 3 great capture device, well actually im not to sure about Elgato but everything else is excellent 

At the moment I am wondering whether or not my computer can handle any of these. Does anybody know if my computer can safely record with all of these?

I run with Elgato. It captures anything that supports HDMI and A/V ports (PS3 uses that due to the blueray code).

The only downside is that there is a 2-3 second delay when capturing. Whatever you see on your tv is instant though.

When it comes to streaming, you need to get your mic and webcam in sync. It can be a pain, but once you get it down, it should be good.

Overall, it's a great device. And the quality, and the price beats the HD PVR.

I would recommend it to anyone who likes streaming.

• Hauppage for Max Quality, but High Price

Roxio for good quality and price, but poor compatibility, and only on Windows

Avermedia and Elgato for the mid ranged choices

I'd avoid the HD PVR 2. People(including myself) have had trouble using 3rd party programs to stream and edit.

Go with an Elgato or Black Magic

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here are my top three to be specific.

Hauppage HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition

Elgato Gaming Capture HD\

AverMedia Live Gamer Portable.

I have heard some reviews say the Hauppauge is great, but I have also seen a few where they said it is really buggy and glitchy and freezes a lot. I am leaning towards the hauppauge at the moment, but I want to know if its true that it is buggy so I don't buy something that won't work.

My elgato has been flawless, and I like how easy to use the interface is. A bunch of big huge buttons for video noobs like me to use. 

I use the HD PVR2 and love it. Only issue I've come across is there's about a second delay on my stream. So my webcam and reactions are right before its actually shown. its been easy for me to upload in youtube when I have. I mostly do all live stream videos though

I have heard some reviews say the Hauppauge is great, but I have also seen a few where they said it is really buggy and glitchy and freezes a lot. I am leaning towards the hauppauge at the moment, but I want to know if its true that it is buggy so I don't buy something that won't work.

Get the PVR 2 I've had all these capture cards and the el gato had bad quality. If you really want the quality amazing get a black magic.

I use the HD PVR2 and love it. Only issue I've come across is there's about a second delay on my stream. So my webcam and reactions are right before its actually shown. its been easy for me to upload in youtube when I have. I mostly do all live stream videos though

That is with all capture cards though. I think you can sync the webcam with the game.