Haemorrhage

2nd Weapon Tuning. What would you change?

I don't think you play enough Big Team. The DMR rules that playlists. And is the DMR being useless really a bad thing? It has become a redundant weapon since the first tuning update, but it can't be buffed because of it's role in larger maps. I say let it be useless in smaller maps and omit it for Halo 5.

Halo 5 will be even worse than I know it will be if there is no single shot utility weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

DMR is significantly better for medium/long range battles in Throwdown. For example, on Onyx, shooting from Blue to Red or Purple to Gold Towers is extremely annoying with the BR due to its range and spread. That's where the DMR (or LR if you're Gold side) comes in to play. 

LR is better than the DMR in all those situations, not to mention that its very rare those battles happen. Majority of battles are within range of the BR RRR of 55m. The DMR only excels long range, ranges that dont exist within the map pool for v4. 

I agree with all of this, but I think they nerfed the Beam Rifle (the aim assist)

They didn't change anything about the Beam Rifle - they couldn't. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, they definitely need to buff the power of the mongoose. One too many times I've ran head on into a warthog and blown up, when in turn it should be the warthog on the bad receiving end of this collision. So unrealistic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

LR is better than the DMR in all those situations, not to mention that its very rare those battles happen. Majority of battles are within range of the BR RRR of 55m. The DMR only excels long range, ranges that dont exist within the map pool for v4. 

I know LR is better, but if I'm Green side of Onyx, I'm not going to go all the way over to Gold, just for the LR. Cross tower battles happen all the time on Onyx, and other maps. DMR is a very useful weapon to have alongside BR, especially when the host isn't great, coupled with bad spread and BR range. 

You simply asked for an instance in which the DMR is better than the BR for Throwdown and I've provided one. 

The first things to come to mind that I'd like to see (I'm going to take the liberty of assuming this could go alongside a TU) are:

- BR spread tightened to at least mirror the post-patch Halo 2 BR's spread, preferably removed entirely.

- DMR and unscoped Light Rifle both brought down to be 4sk weapons with kill times similar to the current BR & Carbine in order to bring all 4 starting weapons closer together in terms of damage output over time.

- Reduce the scoped RRR of the DMR & LR down to 90m from 110m.

- Carbine buffed to a 6sk, allowing it to beat the BR (it's a bit more difficult to use than the BR, so it should be slightly more rewarding).

- Magnum bloom removed, buffed to a 4sk. RoF adjusted accordingly.

- Boltshot primary fire buffed to allow it to actually get a kill without reloading.
- Beam Rifle aim assist brought in line with the Sniper Rifle.

- Grenade damage buffed; Frags with explosives don't break shields currently, Plasmas are incredibly weak unless sticking to a player, and Pulse Grenades currently don't do a very good job at area denial.

- Reduce Railgun bullet magnetism.

- Buff Suppressor damage.

- Remove the melee buff applied via Damage Boost.

Hopefully the way I suggested the precision weapons be altered will move the BR & DMR into a more interchangeable middle ground whilst allowing the Carbine to excel at close-mid range in capable hands and maintaining the LR's ability to dominate at longer ranges.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know LR is better, but if I'm Green side of Onyx, I'm not going to go all the way over to Gold, just for the LR. Cross tower battles happen all the time on Onyx, and other maps. DMR is a very useful weapon to have alongside BR, especially when the host isn't great, coupled with bad spread and BR range. 

You simply asked for an instance in which the DMR is better than the BR for Throwdown and I've provided one. 

I was speaking in hyperbole. Obviously the DMR is better at very long ranges (which I said in my last post) where battles typically dont happen. I don't understand the point your trying to get across? 

The first things to come to mind that I'd like to see (I'm going to take the liberty of assuming this could go alongside a TU) are:

- BR spread tightened to at least mirror the post-patch Halo 2 BR's spread, preferably removed entirely.

- DMR and unscoped Light Rifle both brought down to be 4sk weapons with kill times similar to the current BR & Carbine in order to bring all 4 starting weapons closer together in terms of damage output over time.

- Reduce the scoped RRR of the DMR & LR down to 90m from 110m.

- Carbine buffed to a 6sk, allowing it to beat the BR (it's a bit more difficult to use than the BR, so it should be slightly more rewarding).

- Magnum bloom removed, buffed to a 4sk. RoF adjusted accordingly.

- Boltshot primary fire buffed to allow it to actually get a kill without reloading.

- Beam Rifle aim assist brought in line with the Sniper Rifle.

- Grenade damage buffed; Frags with explosives don't break shields currently, Plasmas are incredibly weak unless sticking to a player, and Pulse Grenades currently don't do a very good job at area denial.

- Reduce Railgun bullet magnetism.

- Buff Suppressor damage.

- Remove the melee buff applied via Damage Boost.

Hopefully the way I suggested the precision weapons be altered will move the BR & DMR into a more interchangeable middle ground whilst allowing the Carbine to excel at close-mid range in capable hands and maintaining the LR's ability to dominate at longer ranges.

and lower the Auto aim/Aim magnetism across the board on all rifles.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, they definitely need to buff the power of the mongoose. One too many times have I ran head on into a warthog and blown up, when in turn it should be the warthog on the bad receiving end of this collision. So unrealistic.

Add a bit of aim assist to the carbine.

Decrease the charging rate of the spartan laser.

Decrease the damage for the AR slightly.

Increase damage for frag/plasma nades.

Make the boltshot's first shot only strong enough to make someone one shot. (Similar to the plasma pistol.)

No bloom five shot pistol. (Lower the rate of fire slightly.)

Reduce aim assist/magnetism for beam rifle and rail gun.

Tighten the BR spread.

Toggle flag pickup.

Make DMR 4sk to head, 7sk to body. Slow ROF slightly. Remove bloom entirely

Make BR 3sk to head, 6sk to body. Remove spread entirely. Shrink Reticule slightly to reflect precision.

Make Carbine 5sk to head, 7sk to body. Increase clip size to 20. 

Make LR 3sk to head, 7sk to body (5sk to body if scoped). 

Slightly Buff AR/Suppresor/Storm rifle accordingly so they aren't useless. 

Map Pistol 4sk to head, 6sk to body, increase clip size to 13, remove bloom

Remove flinch on every weapon and add descope. 

Decrease charge time on Railgun so it fires faster. 

Allow Sticky det to blow up in the air like the Reach GL.

Make Scattershot spread a 100% predictable pattern that is evenly spread in the reticule. 

Decrease charge time on boltshot slightly and remove from loadouts. 

Decrease vehicle stun time of Plasma pistol. Increase tracking on players to Halo 3 levels.

Make spartan Lazer have 5 shots again.

Remove aim assist for no-scope on ALL sniper weapons. 

Decrease aim assist for scope on beam rifle.

Make the needler require 7 full clips to kill and anybody who uses it get automatically IP banned from XBOX live forever.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't see why they can't do bleedthrough in H4. It was done in Reach, but what's stopping them?

Your sig. That's amazing

OT:

I'd like to see the carbine buffed to a 6 shot

the bloom completely removed on DMR and pistol

pistol buffed to 4 shot

flagnum buffed 4 shot

AA reduced on all precision weapons

and, I would love a 4 shot DMR. I'm one of those people that put single shot > burst fire

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was speaking in hyperbole. Obviously the DMR is better at very long ranges (which I said in my last post) where battles typically dont happen. I don't understand the point your trying to get across? 

I was just providing you with a reason why DMR > BR in some situations. 

Not really... there is no instance in throwdown where the DMR is ever a better choice than the BR. The BR has a faster kill time, bleedthrough, kills in less shots and is easier to get headshots with. This is why you never even see the gun picked up, its useless as is.

While the BR is more useful than the DMR in the majority of situations, I was just disproving what I've bolded. ^ 

I too wouldn't mind seeing the DMR get a buff, but I'm just saying the DMR is a very useful pickup if you walk over it.

I was just providing you with a reason why DMR > BR in some situations. 

While the BR is more useful than the DMR in the majority of situations, I was just disproving what I've bolded. ^ 

I too wouldn't mind seeing the DMR get a buff, but I'm just saying the DMR is a very useful pickup if you walk over it.

All i wanted on the DMR was bleedthrough and reduce its RRR to 91.5m and come to think of it, unscoped RRR to 30m. 

BR > DMR at close-mid range

LR > DMR at long range

The only maps I use DMR on are Shutout and Solace when I play matchmaking (not including BTB)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Buff dmr damage & reduce rrr. I'd really like the see the dmr replace the br in competitive settings at some point.

Reduce AA/Magnetism across the board, especially on and unscoped sniper,

railgun and precision weapons.

Magnum- 4sk to head, slower Rate of Fire, No Bloom,.

Battle Rifle- No Bloom, No Bullet Spread, slower Rate of Fire,.

Light Rifle- 4sk Scoped, 4sk Unscoped,

Boltshot- 5sk, slower Rate of Fire, 1sk Charged Shot only if it is a Headshot or 75% Shield Damage Taken if Bodyshot with  No Bullet Spread.

Plasma Pistol- Primary Fire Damage buffed and actually useful once again, perhaps a 5sk to the head and 7sk to the body would be fitting.

Carbine- 6sk, slower Rate of Fire than current H4 Carbine, No Bloom, No Spread,.

SAW- Reduced damage, it should act as a Mini-Gun type weapon, with lots of ammo but lower damage than the other Automatics and Precision Weapons.

Aim Assist, Bullet Magnetism, reduced across the board for all weapons, No Bloom, No Spread, on Pistols or Precision Weaponry,. Boltshot and Plasma Pistol should be removed as Load-Out options, as well as Plasma Grenades and Pulse Grenades, so they can fit into the sandbox as actual situational Map Pick-Up's.

LR > DMR at long range

The only maps I use DMR on are Shutout and Solace when I play matchmaking (not including BTB)

That's how it is now...

I never understood why they made the lightrifle's un-scoped shot so weak. I understand that they wanted to give it to be a long range rifle, but any of the other niche rifles are only limited by their ease of use; the only thing stopping the DMR from being very effective at close range is a lesser chance to hit shots. The lightrifle is both harder to use and has a "hard" limit (a much slower close range kill time). IMO, the LR's killtime should be just as fast as the BR's close range, but it should have even less aim assist.

I'd reduce the spread of the BR.

Reduce the scope of the DMR so those who think the DMR slows down game play can stop complaining about it.

I forget how fast the magnum shoots, so i think a 6sk no bloom magnum would be well done.

The Bolt Shot should work more like a mauler instead of a shotgun so maybe it just takes away shields for the first shot.

I don't know if it already does, but Carbine should have the fast kill time and no spread.

Light Rifle should have the fastest kill time scoped( think it already does), but it shouldn't be 5 shots tot he body to kill, but 7 when scoped.

LR > DMR at long range

The DMR still works just as good as the BR regardless of the kill time. The BRs spread is shit so you'd still be using the more consistent weapon. Why do you use the DMR only on Solace and Shutout? I get it that the DMR is powerful on those maps, but DMR is good all around while the BR is only good at close and decent at mid.