Sign in to follow this  
The Snazzer

Call of Duty Pre-Orders lowest since 2010.

I personally think competitive CoD is getting bigger and bigger, but these numbers caught my attention.

These are all photos of pre-orders 9 weeks before release. XONE is 11 weeks because of XOne release date

Sure GTA is coming out and people are pre-ordering but in previous years CoD has had battles with halo and Battlefield.

What could be the factors for this?

post-936-0-76616300-1378981282.jpg

post-936-0-89040800-1378981295.jpg

post-936-0-23264700-1378981309.jpg

post-936-0-11550100-1378981334.jpg

post-936-0-37085800-1378981351.jpg

post-936-0-52062300-1378985118.jpg

There are probably a lot of people still waiting to decide which platform to get the game on. Watch it surge right before release.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are probably a lot of people still waiting to decide which platform to get the game on. Watch it surge right before release.

Thanks for reminding me of the new console but xbox one pre-order is 200k, which puts it still below Black ops by 100k.

Yeah new consoles definitely have a factor. I guess there are around 100k+ people who are confused which new console to purchase..or maybe when the PS4 won, they all went for PS4.

Madden sales have lowered as well. This is no coincidence. Next gen is going to hurt software sells for everyone, a $400/$500 hardware upgrade does that.

Madden sales have lowered as well. This is no coincidence. Next gen is going to hurt software sells for everyone, a $400/$500 hardware upgrade does that.

yeah i noticed, economy is sucking for games right now.. i have the mentality that i'm not buying a new game until the new consoles drop.

CoD Ghosts is not getting the greatest reviews from CoD players sooooooo I'm sure that has something to do with it.

I don't want to be viewed as a guy giving excuses, but there are a lot of games coming out right now this year coupled with people dropping a pretty dime on a new console or saving for one. Either way, I think people are taking COD for granted and not worrying about stores being out of stock. Preordering at a time when you might need to save for a console or buy other games before release may be having a major impact on preorders. I don't think there is enough incentive to preorder imo. 

I personally think competitive CoD is getting bigger and bigger, but these numbers caught my attention.

These are all photos of pre-orders 9 weeks before release. XONE is 11 weeks because of XOne release date

Sure GTA is coming out and people are pre-ordering but in previous years CoD has had battles with halo and Battlefield.

What could be the factors for this?

black ops 1 was huge in terms of marketing, every man and his dog knew about it

The new consoles, plus the huge number of games and FPS that are being released will be competing for sales. 

People will want to save for the new consoles, and with their new console they will want a shiny new game with something different about it to showcase the new consoles hardware. As with every new console generation, some franchises die out to newer ones.