Infinity

Halo Bulletin | 9.11.13

RAAAACEE...

Another modded gametype coming to matchmaking! I seriously loved Race not too much on Reach but in H3 was seriously deep shit when you were playing, like need for speed but Halo!
Even tho, it makes a little bit clear that 343 is not always about doing some random things. It is a bit questionable because it is late, 20k people and games are about to come.

But at least we're starting to have a bit more of communication (Schedule of rotation playlist and future updates for Halo 4 is a nice start)

And also, a lot of good things is coming together, playlists like BTB and TS are coming all together and hopefully will have a bit of boost OR organization in the population instead of being scattered all over the place.

Is a nice start, but I think is a bit late.

PTT: I missed BsAngel's bulletins, seriously...

Fair enough.

"Ever" Count: 5

Even Count: 5??

5 minus 2 equals 3... that means: Half Life 3 Confirmed  :kappa: 

But I agree with aPK on this one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow. This bulletin was worth reading. Most of them lately haven't been worth reading, but this one was. Namely, explanations as to WHY they're doing what they're doing. Instead of 'lol we doin this SMD community'. Makes me happy, hope the trend continues.

DLC required normal playlists, patch for Champion's Bundle issues, Race (huh? they're gonna have to borrow from synth92   :kappa: ), Spartan Ops gameplay tweaks, lore background on characters in Spartan Ops, BTB playlist with Slayer and Objective, Throwdown CSR tweaked, and another sandbox update? Color me impressed. 

'lol we doin this SMD community'

That never was their attitude.

Please keep in mind they just held the biggest eSports tournament in the history of the Halo franchise with months of preparation needed, they always have our interests in mind.

That never was their attitude.

Please keep in mind they just held the biggest eSports tournament in the history of the Halo franchise with months of preparation needed, they always have our interests in mind.

I'm not referring to the recent past either. More like a few months back where everything they did seemed idiotic, had no explanation, and they didn't defend themselves. IE: The Infinity Challenge. 

Too little too late, they should have done this MONTHS ago. 

20Kpop  http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/playlists for 16 playlists.

How are they going to maintain a 20K pop with GTA5 next week and more importantly ps4 and Xbox1 in Nov. thats the real question. 

Eh, the delay has been less then desirable, but there are people who will still be playing until Halo 5, especially now that these changes are being made. Maybe not 20k, but decent playlists/connection will still provide the Halo fix for now.

Wouldn't that just bring us back to where we were before Turbo?  :ninja:

They already lowered the RRR.....now by making it a 4sk it would have the fastest kill time and no randomness.

• Throwdown DLC required for V5, renamed Team Hardcore

This. Not many people know what a playlist called "Team Throwdown" could be, but everyone knows what "Team Hardcore" is

At least they're trying.

imagine if they tried from day 1 instead of waiting for the game and it's population to fall apart.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they match you appropriately by CSR in Throwdown, maybe I can convince more people to play it.

Edit: Imagine if they lowered the RRR/magnetism across the board? :)  But more likely, they will buff all other weapons or nerf the BR b/c of the complaints on Waypoint. :(

Quinn hasn't left the best impression on me, but if he took Kevin Franklin in a choke hold and made him let no spread and no bloom be a thing with reduced aim assist? I'll be his indentured servant out of respect until Halo 5.  :walshy:

This is great and all but its to little to late. Along with the fact that the game is boring as hell. So i will still continue to not play it.

See you in league play! :gandhi:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

2nd weapon update???

Not to say that is abnormal for shooters these days but I now I am really interested to see what they do and how it effects the game. You would think it could only be positives, maybe some faster kill-times+AA reduction like they did with assault weapons for the precision weapons.

2nd weapon update???

Not to say that is abnormal for shooters these days but I now I am really interested to see what they do and how it effects the game. You would think it could only be positives, maybe some faster kill-times+AA reduction like they did with assault weapons for the precision weapons.

Any faster kill times and they're gonna need to drastically nerf aim assist. It's already nigh impossible to successfully challenge from being jumped on now due to the amount of aim assist. 

2nd weapon update???

They should really look at this weapon:

H4_saw_trans.png

They should really look at this weapon:

H4_saw_trans.png

Remind me again what's wrong with the SAW? It was twice as powerful as loadout automatics before the update, and it was only logically buffed in the update to still be twice as powerful. 

Remind me again what's wrong with the SAW? It was twice as powerful as loadout automatics before the update, and it was only logically buffed in the update to still be twice as powerful.

Personal Ordnance.

Personal Ordnance.

Dont blame the weapon, blame the mechanic. Is like saying they should nerf the rocket launcher because lots of people gets it on a personal ordnance.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel lost :( Xbox One comes out around the same time as my birthday, but no Halo for launch. I don't want to stay on H4 because literally noone on my friends list is going to be playing it. It saddens me that this is probably going to be the shortest lived Halo ever.

It is one of the few weapons that is just a direct upgrade to another(three) weapons. What reason is there for me to use an AR when there is a more-powerful, accurate, faster version with more than twice the total amount of ammo per reload.

The SAW is a good idea executed poorly. It could have been a good sidegrade, but is simply an OP AR. Much like the Binary, Incineration Cannon, Fuel Rod, etc.

2nd weapon update???

They have their unfulfilled promised of nerfing the beam rifle aim assist to do 

Dont blame the weapon, blame the mechanic. Is like saying they should nerf the rocket launcher because lots of people gets it on a personal ordnance.

Obviously I know POD is the problem and not the weapon. I'm a believer in no weapon being over-powered if it is a pick up on the map.

But yeah with POD I feel as though the SAW is far to common as one of the options. Due to it's buff, 343 needs to lower the chances of getting a SAW significantly IMO

• On 9/16, you will need the Majestic Map Pack to play Infinity Slayer (Halo 3-style)

GTA5 on 9/17.  Works for me :)