Reason

Comic-Book Movie & TV Thread

Yeah, plus these guys are still growing and will definitely need to get the trademarked Marvel Abs. Several factors in play here:

• Marvel needs their flagship hero to be in the mix once the actors of this first era (Phase I - III) leave. Yeah, we have Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel on deck to take the mantle as core Avengers, but they're not box office draws like Spidey.
  • They're going younger to separate themselves from the previous iterations (Garfield, Maguire). Plus, we never really saw Parker in high school in the previous series; he's just a graduating senior.
  • We'll see a new dynamic with Spidey eventually joining the Avengers since everyone in this universe are adults that are in their early 30s and beyond.

@@amo819 a Boardwalk Empire candidate need the details girlfriend

He played a small role, but was good when they featured him. Will be a huge jump for him to Spidey. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, there are the McConaughey as Norman Osborn and/or RDJ appearing in the solo Spidey film. I just want to know who the villain will be for said film; hopefully one that audiences haven't seen on the big screen before *cough Kraven the Hunter cough* and isn't hellbent on world domination.

What does Kraven want? To kill Spidey or is he one of the "thrill of the hunt" types?

RUMOR: Ant-Man may reference another upcoming hero. MINOR SPOILERS BELOW

Corey Stoll's villainous businessman character is trying to sell the militarized Yellowjacket suit and weapons tech to different corporations and organizations. Some of the groups:

• The Ten Rings (the people who capture Stark)
  • Roxxon Oil (The Mandarin "killed" one of the executives in Iron Man 3, Murdock & Nelson were on the team that worked for the conglomerate in the flashbacks of Episode 10 of Daredevil)

and

OsCorp!

@@VeryUncouth A lot of the latter. They could adapt Kraven's Last Hunt, but it would have to be loosely based given what happens in that storyline. Just wishful thinking by me though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ted Melfi (St. Vincent) and Jonathan Levine (50/50The WacknessWarm Bodies) are the frontrunners for the multi-picture Spider-Man directing gig that'll be co-produced by Sony's Amy Pascal and Marvel's Kevin Feige.

Also, an Ant-Man extended TV spot with a lot of new footage.

Captain America: Civil War Rumors. MINOR SPOILERS BELOW

• Latino-Review dropped a rumor of Martin Freeman playing Edward Chase, the Prime Minister of the UK. He demands some oversight from the world governments after an Avengers mission (probably the battle with Crossbones in Nigeria) goes south and results in the deaths of several British soldiers. Also, apparently Ulysses Klaue (Andy Serkis) name-dropped the Minister during the phone call in Age of Ultron before Ultron and the twins show up in the ship sequence. That conversation was apparently about the illegal acquisition of Vibranium from Klaue which becomes another topic of conversation between Chase and the main villain of the film, Baron Zemo (Daniel Bruhl).
  • We Are Wakanda, a lesser-known and not as reputable site, are saying that Civil War will introduce another Hulk. No, not Bruce Banner, but William Hurt is reprising his role as General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross, who becomes the Red Hulk. I take this rumor with a huge grain of salt, especially since Red Hulk has been criticized in the comics from the very get-go.

Looks like James Wan (Furious 7, The Conjuring) has signed on to direct WB's Aquaman. Not starring Vinny Chase.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was just thinking what would be more ridiculous than Ant Man... and it was Aquaman.

perfect timing

also these superhero films are sexist.... 20:1 ___man vs ____woman

Ted Melfi (St. Vincent) and Jonathan Levine (50/50The WacknessWarm Bodies) are the frontrunners for the multi-picture Spider-Man directing gig that'll be co-produced by Sony's Amy Pascal and Marvel's Kevin Feige.

Still hoping for Levine, judging by those movies he's done, he seems to be good at young adult/coming of age stuff, which is seems this version of Spidey will be.

I was just thinking what would be more ridiculous than Ant Man... and it was Aquaman.

perfect timing

also these superhero films are sexist.... 20:1 ___man vs ____woman

MV5BMTMwNTA5ODAxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTQw

Jason Statham as Bullseye?! Mysterio appearing (yes he's a Spider-Man villain)?! Mr. Fear?? Sweet if true.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn if Statham is Bullseye I think I have to pick up this show, even though it appears I already should.

Saw Age of Ultron yesterday - my favorite part of the whole movie

was that they used Jarvis's voice actor for the Jarvis/Ultron/God character

Machinima is doing a prequel series to Justice League: Gods and Monsters that's coming out in July. The series takes place in an alternate universe where General Zod is Superman's father, Batman is Kirk Langstrom(Man-Bat), and Wonder Woman is the daughter of Ares. It's being worked on by Bruce Timm who worked on Batman TAS, Superman TAS, and Justice League

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle / The Punisher. He looked intimidating (and goofy) as fuck on The Wolf of Wall Street. Has the right face and buried intensity,

If you're trying to read the comics, anything from Garth Ennis is essentially the definitive Punisher, more GRIT and less superheroes appearing:

• The Punisher - Born is young Frank Castle during his Vietnam War days. Pretty violent, mostly from the PoV of a fellow soldier.
  • The Punisher - Welcome Back, Frank (2000-2001) has some great art, lotta dark humor.
  • The current run by Nathan Edmundson for Marvel NOW! has Frank settled up in Los Angeles being hunted by a hit squad. Also pretty enjoyable.

Captain America: Civil War tidbits SPOILERS BELOW

According to JoBlo,

• Black Panther will initially side with Stark, but his loyalties will change as the story progresses.
  • That being said, he's going to throw down with Cap while rocking his vibranium-laced costume that we saw last October. Those vibranium claws will scratch and fuck up Cap's shield pretty easily.
  • War Machine is getting a much-needed armor upgrade. IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS! The suit will look more "tank-like", along with a new shoulder cannon that can be detached and used as a warhammer. 
  • Meanwhile, Hawkeye continues to get the shaft by only getting more purple on his costume + an Allen Iverson sleeve.
  • Ant-Man will debut his other persona, Giant-Man, along with a new modern/stylish outfit since his suit in the solo film is still the one from 1963.
  • And you're damn right we're getting Ant-Man standing on Hawkeye's arrow, ready to be launched!
  • Captain America will get 

However, Falcon is getting the most badass upgrades, so much that he needs his own set of bulletpoints. We saw his new costume at the end of Age of Ultron, but we'll also be getting

• Wrist lasers
  • grappling hooks
  • and his sidekick falcon, Redwing. No it won't be a bird, but as a robotic drone that is linked to Mr. Wilson (and no he won't control it telepathically)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Damn if Statham is Bullseye I think I have to pick up this show, even though it appears I already should.

Bro it's incredible pick it up immediately!!
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Bro it's incredible pick it up immediately!!

Haha yeah I already binged it over the weekend!